FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414425 times)

Lund one

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #2760 on: Oct 12, 2012, 10:33 AM »
Wrong dude...I think.  I have never went to a fishing spot, and asked people to move. Not my style. If ya happened to be a member of the party that were standing on fish on the north shore when I simply walked by and commented that everyone is standing on fish, yes that would be me. I also left that area out of respect for the anglers that were fishing it.
Yeah, I was one of them. No offense but it seemed very condescending to all of us esp when lots of fish were being caught. No big deal. Dude ??

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #2761 on: Oct 12, 2012, 11:17 AM »
Yeah, I was one of them. No offense but it seemed very condescending to all of us esp when lots of fish were being caught. No big deal. Dude ??

Once again... my bad, I didn't realize my voice could travel so far with a heavy south wind and the caps rolling the way they were. I made a comment to a elder gentleman that was fishing in the marina, as I approached that area, and felt my words were quite tactful as I recall?

CNY Lee

« Reply #2762 on: Oct 12, 2012, 11:32 AM »
Were they getting in the way of the spotlight?  ;) ;D

Don't be giving away the secrets!!!!!!!!!!!!!  LOL  Sometimes I won't even fish if I don't hear popping and some eye's with my 1 million power headlamp.... LMAO   I look at it like deer hunting, you won't sit on a stand if it doesn't show any sign so why fish in a small patch of water if there's no fish or bait...  ;D 

Oh yea, my leaf blower is away for the year along with my girlfriend.  The truck is running great and the kids are also...  Did I miss anything?   :P

arcticicejigger

« Reply #2763 on: Oct 12, 2012, 02:10 PM »
must of caught lund on a bad day! lifes too short to be mad!especially on this fishing site! FM is a long timer here and i have to say, hes giving me alot of information just reading his posts! hes a stand up guy and im SURE he didnt mean anything by it! hes gotten my respect as a GREAT guy, and fisherman! guys like him are people i like to be surrounded by! but my friends Kowboy and a few are out in Illionios guiding for MOnster Bucks rite now! and im here stuck with catching walleyes! LOL!:)

NeverEnoughFishing

« Reply #2764 on: Oct 12, 2012, 02:21 PM »
On a lighter note, this has been the best early start to the night 'eye frenzy that I can remember. October 12 and I've got the freezer just about bustin' at the seams with fresh vacuum sealed walleyes, and that is with eating a lot in the meantime. Do you other night die-hards agree? I've avoided the crowds so far and I usually don't have a lot of time to hit the lake between the wife and kids (4 and 1) so I'm a bit leery of offering other details about the actual process that went into getting them from lake to freezer (lurkers with questionable sportsmanship). I just don't usually have time to drive all along the lake, much as I'm dying to explore some new spots. Anyway, do you guys agree about the jackrabbit  start to the season?

Lund one

« Reply #2765 on: Oct 12, 2012, 02:25 PM »
must of caught lund on a bad day! lifes too short to be mad!especially on this fishing site! FM is a long timer here and i have to say, hes giving me alot of information just reading his posts! hes a stand up guy and im SURE he didnt mean anything by it! hes gotten my respect as a GREAT guy, and fisherman! guys like him are people i like to be surrounded by! but my friends Kowboy and a few are out in Illionios guiding for MOnster Bucks rite now! and im here stuck with catching walleyes! LOL!:)

You are right. I guess I got a little upset about nothing much. I don't have the luxury of living so close as you guys and I drive 50 to 70 miles one way. So, when I go I need to make sure I maximize my opportunity. I would love to be able to go 4 or 5 nights a week if I was living on the lake. Any good info on the bite is very important to me to save 40 bucks in gas.
Sorry if I posed a problem, my intentions were definitely not intended to.

coachwarner

« Reply #2766 on: Oct 12, 2012, 03:21 PM »
You are right. I guess I got a little upset about nothing much. I don't have the luxury of living so close as you guys and I drive 50 to 70 miles one way. So, when I go I need to make sure I maximize my opportunity. I would love to be able to go 4 or 5 nights a week if I was living on the lake. Any good info on the bite is very important to me to save 40 bucks in gas.
Sorry if I posed a problem, my intentions were definitely not intended to.
Happens to the best of us  ;)

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

redarrow61

« Reply #2767 on: Oct 12, 2012, 03:58 PM »

Life is good Jigger gonna be there in 8 days !!!!!Cant wait !!!!

filetandrelease

« Reply #2768 on: Oct 12, 2012, 04:37 PM »

just a rule of thumb start from shore and work your way out , and lund i under stand about miles i do between 35 and 40, and at times a little more  one way but what does a senile ol buzzard know , i'm going fishing ,thats not right fishing sucks catching is eating  :w00t:

bcons

« Reply #2769 on: Oct 12, 2012, 04:48 PM »
Um I understand you sorta apologized in another post, however your reports only thread was riddled with posts of catching nothing..........  These guys were posting pics of limits everyday while most others were getting skunked.  Seemingly it would be logical to accept suggestions from those who catch, instead of taking offense, but alas what do I know.  While you may not have known it was fm that night, after you read here it was, you apparently found a decent spot, it would seem prudent to take advice from those that get to fish it often & have more success than others rather than brag that your method worked once.....
Not to mention for someone who didn't want to read anything other than reports you also seemingly spend alot of time on these other threads.
Simple if a successful diehard offers advice, its probably best to consider it, not complain it was offered.  Otherwise why bother seeking info at all?
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

bcons

« Reply #2770 on: Oct 12, 2012, 05:01 PM »
How's the ice ??? ::)
Tonite with this forecast I'll be doing my normal routine for this time of yr.  Setting the dogs stainless water bowl off the ground so I can stare at it frozen at 4am wantingly & wishing I was drilling holes.
I guess I have a problem, for which I hope there's no cure........
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #2771 on: Oct 12, 2012, 05:51 PM »
That's why I never turn mine off. ;D

Actually, I simply just forget to turn my light off.....often. Other anglers have gotten upset with me for that reason. Whoops. Personally, I don't think it makes much of a difference at all. (Considering the small amount of time I've spent shore angling). ;)
It depends Lance.  Usually it dosent bother them unless you shine it right in their eyes and keep it there.  If you shine them then move the light off them just enough that you can still seee them they usually dont spook.  Other times I have waded out in the pitch black and kept my headlamp on and have had numerous fish cruise in to check it out, next thing they know theyre on the stringer!  ;)  I have learned alot about sight fishing for them in the shallows. It gives you a different perspective on how they react to different baits and retrieves.  Some people are just set in their ways and think that any light spooks them.
Nice job findin em

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #2772 on: Oct 12, 2012, 05:55 PM »
Shot a nice 7 point last night.  Actually screwed up on a much nicer deer and this 7 point just stands there asking for it so I gave it to him. Good to have one in the freezer. No time to trophy hunt for me this year, I'll take what comes by.  Time to fish now...snagger when are you starting..next week?
Nice job slammy!   :thumbup_smilie:  Pm me if you wanna harass some wally gators in the next couple weeks.  I'll meet you at the spot
Nice job findin em

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #2773 on: Oct 12, 2012, 06:03 PM »
You ever hear of route 69 ? Thats probably what he was taking. I realize you own the whole lake and should tell people how to fish and what route to take. Heaven forbid some people fish and drive differently than you !
How can Lance own the lake when im KING OF THE NORTHSHORE?!!!  :w00t: :w00t: :flex: :rotflol:
JK lund,  just havin fun with it  ;)
Nice job findin em

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #2774 on: Oct 12, 2012, 08:20 PM »
Don't be giving away the secrets!!!!!!!!!!!!!  LOL  Sometimes I won't even fish if I don't hear popping and some eye's with my 1 million power headlamp.... LMAO   I look at it like deer hunting, you won't sit on a stand if it doesn't show any sign so why fish in a small patch of water if there's no fish or bait...  ;D 

Oh yea, my leaf blower is away for the year along with my girlfriend.  The truck is running great and the kids are also...  Did I miss anything?   :P

Now that is just plain funny. ;D I like the style.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.