FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 415107 times)

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #2880 on: Oct 22, 2012, 10:55 PM »
:D :D :D went out with a friend, we got 54 perch, great day. ran out of bait. good west wind.

nice!!!
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

chiefcatchemall

• over the rail and in the pail
« Reply #2881 on: Oct 22, 2012, 11:56 PM »
Fished the north shore. I had a tough time tonight. Managed 2 keepers. Missed another hit. The larger one was a nice fat 20''. Picked one up at taft and the other at godfreys. Dead flat. Didnt see any baitfish. Will post a couple pics tomorrow
Opinions are like @ssholes. Everybody has one and they all stink.

walleye1

« Reply #2882 on: Oct 23, 2012, 09:23 AM »
Me and a buddy of mine caught nice limits the past 2 nights. Very sturdy fish 18-21 inches.

NeverEnoughFishing

« Reply #2883 on: Oct 23, 2012, 12:01 PM »
Zeroed the past 5 times out south shore spots. Don't usually have a lot of spare time when I go to search for new spots and my old reliables have gone 'dormant'' for the time being...nothing but huge shimmering solid schools of shad...don't usually see nearly that many in my area of the lake :-\

filetandrelease

« Reply #2884 on: Oct 23, 2012, 04:13 PM »

could someone let me know how much water is at the launch at Godfrey , would like to get the old tin boat out one more time before her long winters nap  ;)

NEF pm sent

chiefcatchemall

• over the rail and in the pail
« Reply #2885 on: Oct 23, 2012, 07:04 PM »
I was there last night Freddie. Seemed like plenty of water. I would launch my little fishing boat 14 footer no problem...
Opinions are like @ssholes. Everybody has one and they all stink.

KingPerch

« Reply #2886 on: Oct 23, 2012, 07:09 PM »

Fish cleaning died so I drove down to the canal tonight, great west chop at sunset, but bite was tough for me, fished from 6-9pm, got one keeper, dumped  two.... a short and really good sized one and got one other good thump I missed, got the 3 fish on 1/4 oz jigs and the other bite on 3/8 oz jig. You know its a tough bite when you count hits, jigged hard without any breaks for the full 3 hours til my neck hurt.. Great night for jigging though, warm with a bright moon too see your line with and little wind after dark.. oh well, next time, atleast I got the rust out, hadn't walleye fished since July.
I'm quite certain the rust wasn't set in too deep Shane!!! ;) It'll come back to you quickly......Glad to hear you got time to run your stompin' grounds again!!--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

wiredstone

« Reply #2887 on: Oct 23, 2012, 07:12 PM »
Saturday night is looking good. ;D
wooo fish on. Never mind

KingPerch

« Reply #2888 on: Oct 23, 2012, 07:17 PM »
Maybe The NST and KP Jr. will have to take a NINJA run this Saturday.... ;) May just run into you Wired!! ;D--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

Hollywood

« Reply #2889 on: Oct 23, 2012, 07:48 PM »
Spent awhile before dark anchored up on a nice school of perch, pounded them on a Kastmaster tipped with an eye... didn't count them but the sink was full.  ;D

BUCKEYES

« Reply #2890 on: Oct 23, 2012, 08:25 PM »
Fished my south shore spot tonight for 2 hours. Saw big school of shad as I walked out. Nice calm night with clear water to see in. Finally hooked up. Had 1 in my hand then he flopped out and I lost him. Didn't have my headlamp had light in my hand and it cost me. Had 1 more hooked for few seconds. Well finally getting the fever now. Go again friday.

NeverEnoughFishing

« Reply #2891 on: Oct 23, 2012, 09:42 PM »
Finally broke my streak, landed one 23 incher, dropped 3 that hit right on the surface, missed several solid thumps. South shore, right at dark   ;D

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #2892 on: Oct 24, 2012, 02:21 AM »

Fish cleaning died so I drove down to the canal tonight, great west chop at sunset, but bite was tough for me, fished from 6-9pm, got one keeper, dumped  two.... a short and really good sized one and got one other good thump I missed, got the 3 fish on 1/4 oz jigs and the other bite on 3/8 oz jig. You know its a tough bite when you count hits, jigged hard without any breaks for the full 3 hours til my neck hurt.. Great night for jigging though, warm with a bright moon too see your line with and little wind after dark.. oh well, next time, atleast I got the rust out, hadn't walleye fished since July.

Atta boy Snag. Finally good to see ya spent a bit of time for yourself. ;)

filetandrelease

« Reply #2893 on: Oct 24, 2012, 04:32 AM »

thanks chief , hate wasting my time driving all the way down there, only to half to go to another spot , now if the weekend weather will allow it  ;D

there has been some really nice fish caught this fall , can't wait to get on the hard water to see what that's going to be like

ICE ADDICT

« Reply #2894 on: Oct 24, 2012, 08:34 AM »
Any Ice forming yet fellas? ;D
We all believe in something,...I believe I'll go fishin'....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.