FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414895 times)

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #3120 on: Nov 13, 2012, 07:03 PM »

My GPS is worth money on the Oneida black Market ....  :whistling:
your unreal!!!  :w00t: :afro:
Nice job findin em

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #3121 on: Nov 13, 2012, 07:18 PM »
Nanofil that stuff SUCKS :P
X1000

Dark Cloud

« Reply #3122 on: Nov 13, 2012, 07:43 PM »
X1000

X2!!

Nanofil that stuff SUCKS :P

You girls need to learn how to tie a knot!  ;D Useing the stuff for a year now and probably retied my swivel 2 times. Tie the recomended knot or add a few wraps to your favorite. Same deal with most braid/super lines...
that being said, I do not care for the small diameter Nano for icefishing....
And I have found no openwater advantage for nanofil over powerpro or the original fireline... but it aint junk  ;D
MFF Quote of the Year - \"Im done with this MORON FEST\" ; Esox V

handyman8494

« Reply #3123 on: Nov 13, 2012, 07:50 PM »
X2!!

X3................I will stick with old school mono. I am not fishing for salmon, just walleyes and perch.

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #3124 on: Nov 13, 2012, 08:06 PM »

power pro and trilene big game clear... I keep it simple too.
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

NeverEnoughFishing

« Reply #3125 on: Nov 13, 2012, 08:13 PM »
Trilene XL is what I've always used. I ran into a Guy the other night who was struggling with the newer Suffix line. His reel looked like the old sparrows nest I pulled out of the birdhouse out back yesterday. I was waiting for him to either start sobbing uncontrollably or snap the rod over his knee and throw it in the lake. Either way, I don't think it helped matters much that I caught a walleye as he was picking through that tangled mess. Maybe if he knew it was the first 'eye I caught in 2 weeks fishing every night    :o

skunkedbywalleye

« Reply #3126 on: Nov 14, 2012, 05:59 AM »
Thanks for all the replies....i have used PP and Fireline crystal with success but if you do not try other brands then how can a person know what works for them. i absolutely love the fireline but this Nanofil casts a country mile once i used the proper knot last night! I was messing with it in the yard and wow....I will not ask if the preference is Pline or Seaguar since it might start a internet riot  :D

OTIS

« Reply #3127 on: Nov 14, 2012, 06:31 AM »
All of these lines have their place, depending on the presentation and rod length.  I'd sooner give up my left one before my Suffix when it comes to deep open water jigging.  For chucking stick baits it doesn't really matter unless you're trying to get every inch out of your cast.  There all good, you just have to know how to use them.  Different tools for different jobs.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

Lund one

« Reply #3128 on: Nov 14, 2012, 06:36 AM »
I have used berkly xl and xt for years. The braid I do like is power pro but only in certain situations. I am absolutely convinced you will catch more fish in clear water with mono than braid as it is so visible. I fish Lake Ontario most of the time and the water is very clear. The xl abd xt are very thin and do a good job of dissapearing. The braid is visible at 30 ft. This makes me less confident..

OTIS

« Reply #3129 on: Nov 14, 2012, 06:48 AM »
I always run a 6-8 foot fluorocarbon leader with all the different braids and super lines I use. ;)
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #3130 on: Nov 14, 2012, 06:50 AM »
I use 6lb spider wire for jigging, and sticks. have only lost a couple jigs until I put a 6" leter on. I would have to change jigs, because they chewed all the hair off. Had to put a new challenger on this year, because they bit off the bill on the front of it !! All my pan fishing is all 4lb mono. don't like the braid hardwater fishing.
   I am watching about 300 gulls going nuts on the shad right now.   later...

walleye1

« Reply #3131 on: Nov 14, 2012, 07:33 AM »
I operate on the kiss principle. Suffix 6 lb. test clear mono. Gasp, did he say mono?  ;D 

filetandrelease

« Reply #3132 on: Nov 14, 2012, 08:06 AM »

I have been using 4 lb fire line for years for iceing eyes ,not an out side cold weather line , and when ice fishing for the double digit eyes i jump up to 6 lb open water trolling i use 8 lb , for jigging i like high vis power pro ,snag turned me on to that nice stuff , for leader i like trans optic , just this ol buzzards choices

Lund one

« Reply #3133 on: Nov 14, 2012, 08:17 AM »
I always run a 6-8 foot fluorocarbon leader with all the different braids and super lines I use. ;)
Doesn't the know get caught in the eyes of your rod to a certain expent ? That has been my experience.

Lund one

« Reply #3134 on: Nov 14, 2012, 08:18 AM »
I meant to say knot, not Know in my previous post. My typing sucks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.