FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414393 times)

filetandrelease

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #3135 on: Nov 14, 2012, 08:44 AM »

double uni flows right through the guides , and my typing sucks 2

Lund one

« Reply #3136 on: Nov 14, 2012, 08:46 AM »
I have the hardest time tying the double uni. Is that your experience and does it hold ?

OTIS

« Reply #3137 on: Nov 14, 2012, 09:40 AM »
Doesn't the know get caught in the eyes of your rod to a certain expent ? That has been my experience.

I use 7-8 foot rods, and small diameter line (4-6 lb test).  The knot doesn't hinder my casts.  With this equipment I'm usually throwing 3/8 - 3/4 oz lures.  A 3/4 oz lure on an 8 foot rod will fly if you're using rope for line. :D  I retie frequently, so the leaders get short quick.

double uni flows right through the guides
;)
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

Lund one

« Reply #3138 on: Nov 14, 2012, 09:47 AM »
Thanks for the replies. Now, on a different note, I noticed the lack of shore casting results posted recently. Does this mean they are not biting and no one is fishing ? Driving by the lake at night the normal spots where I see an abundance of cars/trucks there are virtually none.
Thanks

OTIS

« Reply #3139 on: Nov 14, 2012, 09:49 AM »
I have the hardest time tying the double uni. Is that your experience and does it hold ?

I tie the line together using two improved clinch knots (my version).  My version of the improved clinch knot is very close to the uni-knot (see below).  They hold very well.

http://www.takemefishing.org/fishing/fishopedia/bait-and-equipment-new/knots/overview5?gclid=CMGynrTnzrMCFYY7OgodLlUA4Q

I use 4 twists to keep the knot small.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

OTIS

« Reply #3140 on: Nov 14, 2012, 09:52 AM »
Thanks for the replies. Now, on a different note, I noticed the lack of shore casting results posted recently. Does this mean they are not biting and no one is fishing ? Driving by the lake at night the normal spots where I see an abundance of cars/trucks there are virtually none.
Thanks

There are ALWAYS hungry walleye in Oneida Lake, you just have to find them.  My fall fishing has been on the decline for the past 5 years.  I'm lucky if I get out 2-3 times in the fall now.  The fish are there, give it a try.

filetandrelease

« Reply #3141 on: Nov 14, 2012, 10:09 AM »

thats funny cause it's the only one i can tie due to missing a couple of digits , it holds great 

walleye1

« Reply #3142 on: Nov 14, 2012, 10:47 AM »
Thanks

The last couple of weeks they have definitely slowed down some. But, as Otis said, there are always fish biting somewhere. Last Friday i was at one spot casting my arms off and didn't get a bite. I made a move and ran into a couple of those d**n NST's and they had 5 nice fish. They were in the right place, at the right time and caught some fish. I've been out the last 3 nights and have caught 1 fish. Guess what though, I'll be out again tonight. As a friend of mine says, you've got to be in it to win it!  8)     

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #3143 on: Nov 14, 2012, 11:08 AM »

that the same line to line connection knot I use for everything...

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #3144 on: Nov 14, 2012, 03:26 PM »
I had a uni-to-uni fail last summer.  But it was on a freight train salmon (on the lake).  I had tightened the drag down in the middle of an initial run.   :w00t:

KingPerch

« Reply #3145 on: Nov 14, 2012, 05:31 PM »
Nanofil that stuff SUCKS :P
POWER PRO HT!!!! Simmer down ZIPPY!!!! ;D I was being nice with my post...Nanofil does suck though!!!
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #3146 on: Nov 14, 2012, 05:35 PM »
POWER PRO HT!!!! Simmer down ZIPPY!!!! ;D I was being nice with my post...Nanofil does suck though!!!
ya well some old buzzard talked me into trying it ::) ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D :P

KingPerch

« Reply #3147 on: Nov 14, 2012, 05:37 PM »
ya well some old buzzard talked me into trying it ::) ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D :P
wasn't me..I'm a Jr. buzzard!!! ;D
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #3148 on: Nov 14, 2012, 06:25 PM »
I use fireline with no leader and usually never have a problem for open water fishing on oneida.  Been fishing that way for a few years.  I use mono or  fireline with mono leader for ice  :tipup:
Nice job findin em

OTIS

« Reply #3149 on: Nov 15, 2012, 07:04 AM »
We hit the east shore last night and couldn't find a bite.  We did see a slammer buck (120+) hit by a car just north of Oneida.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.