FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012  (Read 414580 times)

coachwarner

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2012
« Reply #3420 on: Dec 04, 2012, 12:18 AM »
Sounds like a great day :clapping: you guys deserve a day like that. You've worked hard for em all year ;) could ya chase a few a little closer to shore for us night time ninja's :blink:

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”

Hollywood

« Reply #3421 on: Dec 04, 2012, 04:30 AM »
Sounds like a great day :clapping: you guys deserve a day like that. You've worked hard for em all year ;) could ya chase a few a little closer to shore for us night time ninja's :blink:

Coach... It's hard to believe how many fish are piled up out deep still. The shad are quickly going away so they should make the move soon, hopefully it won't be too late by then. I spent a LOT of years in waders with no boat... I get how frustrating it is when they just don't show up... but most years, in the fall, a guy in waders at night actually has the advantage over the guys in a boat, IMO, anyway. A lot of the fish we caught yesterday were spitting up sand pike, I'm not positive about it but I don't think sand pike hang out in 40 fow... if not... these fish were going shallow to feed & back deep to hang out. Who the heck knows though? I get all these theories in my head about what the fish are doing & why... I'm sure if I knew what was REALLY going on & why I'd get a good laugh at my theories. Oh well, it keeps me entertained and off probation so what's the harm?  ;D

reeleyz

« Reply #3422 on: Dec 04, 2012, 05:01 AM »
Do it Bro... You won't be sorry.

Dejavu all over again? Remember last fall...that was epic!

Huntny30

• "What ever you are, be a good one." Abe
« Reply #3423 on: Dec 04, 2012, 05:16 AM »
Great day!  Congrats to you guys...sounds like the best time to be out there is when everone else is packed up for winter and hunting...
\"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person.\" Fred Bear

RockDoc

• Hardwater61 on I.S.
« Reply #3424 on: Dec 04, 2012, 05:17 AM »
Nice job Jim and Tom!  You guys really put the smack down on 'em!  I probably won't make the show Saturday...had 21 doe and a little 4 pointer in the field yesterday afternoon so it's time to put a couple of those gals in the freezer...that's what I'll be doin Saturday...maybe send a pic or short video to FM's phone saying hello to everyone and remind everybody just what beauty is!  :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:Oh God...my side!!! C'mon now...if that didn't make you laugh...I quit! :thumbup_smilie: :flag:

UglyStik

« Reply #3425 on: Dec 04, 2012, 12:40 PM »
"Cubby was a little chilly..."

Probably should get him one of those NST hats.    :D

Great eyes!

Thanks for all your reports, hoping the shad all die off soon for us shore fisherman.

Maybe the Chinese netters will finish 'em off soon!

Hollywood

« Reply #3426 on: Dec 04, 2012, 04:30 PM »
Very short after work trip for a limit tonight. It's like going to Wegman's to pick up your walleye right now, we we're done like that.
40 fow on sonars...

A couple cool scenery shots...

SNAGGER

• FISHING THE SALMON RIVER SINCE 1978
« Reply #3427 on: Dec 04, 2012, 04:36 PM »
What an amazing day. I was all set to get out there alone and see if I could find 'em. As I slipped my phone in my pocket at 7:22 a.m., I noticed that I missed a couple calls from Hollywood. When I called him back, he said that he was thinking about hitting the lake too ... and would I like some company??. Perfect.... let's go get 'em...

He had been out yesterday and tore into 'em pretty good, so we had a great place to start. Once we got there, there was no mistake that we were in the right spot. The graph lit up like a Christmas tree. After that it was all yankin' and crankin'. Like Tom said, you could drop two or three fish on the same cast, and still stick one good before the sonar made it back to the boat. For a while, we were hooking up on every cast.

I know we put 100 walleyes in the boat ... and that's being conservative. Three or four of them being my biggest walleyes of the year. Tom had a 6 lb. + bruiser take him for a walk around the boat before spitting the sonar back at him. I had 34 bonus perch in the bucket, and Tom probably had just as many.

Towards the end, Tom was fighting his upmteenth walleye. I looked up just in time to see his line go slack. He looked at me and says "I lost him ... Good!" LoL. You know it's time to go home when you are glad you lost one so you don't have to take it off the hook.

Tom - Thanks for a great day buddy. I had an absolute blast

:thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :flag: :flag: :flag:
R.I.P Uncle Johnny
        ALWAYS BE YOURSELF ,  BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THAT MATTER , DON'T MIND , AND THE ONES THAT DO , DON'T MATTER!

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #3428 on: Dec 04, 2012, 04:37 PM »
you suck ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The Reel Deal

• Early Worm Gets The Lunker
« Reply #3429 on: Dec 04, 2012, 04:51 PM »
Some great fish in there!

wiredstone

« Reply #3430 on: Dec 04, 2012, 05:38 PM »
Thinking of trying the Canal after the show. ::)
wooo fish on. Never mind

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #3431 on: Dec 04, 2012, 11:13 PM »
And then there is us idiots, spending 7 hours tossing sticks on the shorelines.....from the northeastern shore right to brewerton with 1 dang fish to show. Yup, that is a big Ol' foot in our arse's. You two (Hollywood and Hookinup) always seem to humble any angler that puts time in on that lake. Great work guys.

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #3432 on: Dec 04, 2012, 11:16 PM »
BTW, I dig Cubbys new jacket Tom! He looks comfy as can be.

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #3433 on: Dec 04, 2012, 11:22 PM »
all those areas are not doing anything, but hey you never know. they are for sure not going to tell you to fish the north shore, that is owned by the N.S.T...............actually they wish. so try oneida shores, north and south fishing access @ the Route 81 bridge and good luck!

Been fishing them spots for years..... This whole NST thing is really cracking me up. Maybe I should start pulling my pants down below my arse before I throw my first cast.....so I look like a typical urban Bro? :o

wertty

« Reply #3434 on: Dec 05, 2012, 02:48 AM »
40foot water =taft bay and west .  suns comin up  lookin east ,lots of shoreline  bouy 123 perhaps?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.