FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Glendo Camping?  (Read 6365 times)

GemCitySlayer

Re: Glendo Camping?
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2012, 12:31 PM »
Glad to see our tax money wasn't wasted on spelling lessons  :-\

Hahaha. :D  Sorry had to laugh!

jimiboy

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2012, 03:56 PM »
  So...  in essence...  NO ONE really has a definitive answer....  If we camp with 3 parties of @ 12 people with ONE fire ring we are illegal as I see it.  EVEN if we have ALL paid a camping fee?

19erfisher

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2012, 09:11 PM »
Wow I think we need to pay for some some constitution classes. 
No wonder the government walks all over us.  If you don't like laws
2/3 major voted them in  rally to get 2/3rds to change. 
Fines in Wyoming from tickets go to the county's
School district fund ; not the parks or some trooper, deputy fund.  Only
City cops have option to write munciple tickets that generate revenue
For the city
Also my 2 cents we should get a "Ask state parks?" Their regs say camping is any overnight usage right in the definitions section.  And the camping section says any vehicle within the boundaries needs a camping permit.  VOTE THE WAY TO CHANGE OR BE IN THE MINORITY.

wyofarmer

• MFF Mod Team
  • Rest in peace LT
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2012, 07:53 AM »
Feel free to contact the State parks @ 307-777-6323 to lodge complaints/comments. Or go to the website here:
                                                        http://wyoparks.state.wy.us/Index.aspx

Remember, be tactfull and respectfull. You'll catch more bees with honey than with vinegar.  ;)

Kinkyline

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2012, 08:28 AM »
   Buying an annual camping permit does'nt guarantee you a camping spot when you get there. Seems the park dept. would be able to tell you if there are available spots on their grid...that way eliminating all the running around.

jdhers

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2012, 08:32 AM »
I personally stop going to Glendo after Memorial Day due to the lack of availability. It gets hammered so hard by locals and surrounding states that unless you are un-employed and can get there on Wednesday, you have a tough time. Then trying to find a point to fish on is equally as frustrating.

GemCitySlayer

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2012, 01:49 PM »
You could be employed, and have Wednesdays off :P 

It does turn into a Zoo in the summers at times, particularly on holiday weekends.  I remember a game and fish guy saying that 35% of the walleye population is harvested annually.  Really surprised me, that is a big number.

GemCitySlayer

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2012, 01:50 PM »
   Buying an annual camping permit does'nt guarantee you a camping spot when you get there. Seems the park dept. would be able to tell you if there are available spots on their grid...that way eliminating all the running around.

I hate to say it, but that would make too much sense and make things too easy.  I think they like the hassle. :D

jopes

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2012, 02:21 PM »
I personally stop going to Glendo after Memorial Day due to the lack of availability. It gets hammered so hard by locals and surrounding states that unless you are un-employed and can get there on Wednesday, you have a tough time. Then trying to find a point to fish on is equally as frustrating.

Yes it does make fishing interesting, Now this year with the water dropping already it will be even closer quarters than the last few years. 

I do fish alot during the week days, and going out during the hot summer months is always a bonus when there is more to look at than just fish!  ;)

GemCitySlayer

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2012, 03:43 PM »
.... and going out during the hot summer months is always a bonus when there is more to look at than just fish!  ;)

The man has a great point ;D

Fishing at night in the dead heat of summer is a good idea if you are chasing cats and eyes.  Let all the wake boarders and pleasure boaters get off the lake at sundown... heck, most the fisherman go home too.  Lake can go from hectic to quiet in about an hours time.

rbmchief

« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2012, 04:14 PM »
You definitly have to be careful at Glendo, those guys down there aren"t real pleasant to deal with if your anywhere close to be outside the rules. i have some ruined jumpolines and other water toys to prove it. those guys deal with alot there, I do think some of it is caused by their lack of tolerance though. I'm glad we have a house there so we don't have to deal with them much anymore.

jimiboy

« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2012, 12:05 PM »
   So...  anyone TRY camping there this past weekend?  I talked via phone to someone at the office and they said most of the "previous" sites close to the usually flooded areas that had tables and rings have been removed...  they couldn't  afford to replace every 3 - 4 years as in the past.
   BUT the person re-iterated that you can camp in NON DESIGNATED areas, as long as there is a fire ring and table... BUT limited to 1 vehicle, trailer, tent and boat, and max. of 10 people.
   OH YEAH...  FIRE BAN IN EFFECT... NO OPEN FIRES and your grills must have a LID.

rbmchief

« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2012, 01:20 PM »
I know the lake was empty camping wise last weekend, it was a ghost town down there all weekend. i'm sure it will be busier this weekend but i think the hassle of the last few years is actually keeping some people away. I've don"t remember seeing it this quiet down there this time of year, not in the last ten years or so anyway.

GemCitySlayer

« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2012, 01:59 PM »
My home town used to have a big motorcycle rally every summer.  Was great for business, thousands of bikers showed up in our small town every year. 

Well, for one reason or another the state highway patrol started showing up, thick... and they gave those bikers hell.  Tickets for anything and everything.  It only took a year or two of that, and our bike rally (weekend) is pathetic now.  I'd bet more than 90% of the bikers just said to heck with it, that town is more trouble than its worth. 

It's a double edged sword - I'm glad to hear the lake is less crowded than normal, but the community up there relies pretty heavily on campers, fisherman, etc.

rbmchief

« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2012, 02:54 PM »
yes sir, i dont mind the lake being less crowded but it really puts a hurt on those town people when its slow up there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.