FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Top 10 Bonehead Fishing Incidents of the Year  (Read 2657 times)

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon

OTIS

Re: Top 10 Bonehead Fishing Incidents of the Year
« Reply #1 on: Jun 13, 2012, 09:11 AM »
Great list, been there done that!

After the wife got a hook in her ACE, I am no longer allowed to place rigged rods in the passenger compartment of a vehicle. :o :o :o  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #2 on: Jun 13, 2012, 11:33 AM »
LOL, Oh my Otis!!!!!  I also hooked my own shirt one time that way while on my way to work on a musky lure...big giant treble hooks in my shirt behind my elbow, while I'm driving.  It kinda made it hard to turn left with two hands!  I had to pull over, clip the lure off, then remove my shirt and tie, and the hook, and it was raining outside.  The Lucky Craft Pointer incident was just last weekend!!!!!!

Doorbreaker

« Reply #3 on: Jun 13, 2012, 01:45 PM »
I know of a very well endowed young lady who managed to snag a treble hook on the very point of her anatomy one year. She was not happy. Took a while to calm her down enough that I could remove the hook.

OTIS

« Reply #4 on: Jun 13, 2012, 01:58 PM »
Oh, I hear ya!  The wife wasn't the least bit amused, and it all I could muster not to crack a smile.  I knew if I did she'd crack me one over the head! :-[  I had to push the hook through, cut the barb off, and then pull it out.  She can laugh about it now, but that happened three years ago. :laugh:
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

jtk2

« Reply #5 on: Jun 13, 2012, 09:50 PM »
Ive done a few of those including hooking the seat in my truck and clipping mainline after tying a perfect knot. The one where you cant hit that spot you want to hit you should have added that you got your lure stuck just above the lay down and had to paddle or motor over and scare everything that was in the lay down to retrieve your bait. Nothing more frustrating than that.
id rather catch nothing by myself than alot in a crowd.

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #6 on: Jun 14, 2012, 04:59 PM »
I had another one where I was in a friends boat on the Chesapeake Bay trolling for stripers on a day when it was pretty choppy.  My buddy tells me, "Hand me that pole in that outrigger so we can change the baits out."  So I reach over and grab the pole out of the outrigger at the same time we hit a boat wake, and the Lee stainless steel outrigger elbow comes out of the base and falls overboard.  All I could do is watch helplessly as it fluttered into the abyss.

They don't sell the elbows separately, you have to buy it and the base together, and they cost over $500 new.  I found one on e-Bay for $100 and bought it for him.  Expensive blunder.  I should have included that one too.

Santo180

« Reply #7 on: Jun 14, 2012, 05:12 PM »
Wow rough year and it's only June.  Thanks for the laughs.   I've had my share of blunders myself.  One time I took my 8ft rowboat out for a day on the water and didn't realize the plug was not in it when I launched.  There is a valve of sorts on the boat so it wasn't like water was just pouring in, more like a slow leak.  I felt like an idiot not only because I forgot it but because it took me far to long to realize what the issue was.  Never in any danger of swamping but I did have a lot of bailing to do.  Another time I was trying to troll and was letting the line out on my reel and let too much out and my arbor knot let go.  I was lucky that I chose a floating rapala cause I was able to get it all back.  One of the last times I went icefishing this year I forgot the scoop and that is one thing I will never forget again.  Scooping ice with your bare hand is not fun.

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #8 on: Jun 14, 2012, 05:49 PM »
 :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

OTIS

« Reply #9 on: Jun 15, 2012, 07:15 AM »
These are good!

I don't believe you Doorbreaker, do you have any pictures to prove it? :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

One of the funniest things I’d ever seen happened to my father while he and I were fishing.  The new fangled braids had just come out (Fire Line I believe) and of course he had to have some.  So he rushed out and bought a spool and filled his reel.  Now my father was a smoker, and he had the habit of burning off the tag end of his knots with his cigarette.  We had just pulled up to our first spot bright and early, and dad tied on a jig to start the day.  As he burnt the tag end of the knot, the line lit like a fuse!  It didn’t stop at the knot, and started burning up towards his tip top!  Fearing that he was going to lose the entire spool of line (or worse), he started yelling and stripping line as fast as he could!  After some frantic searching, I finally found something to cut the line with.  I still get a chuckle every time I think about that day.

ship of fools

« Reply #10 on: Jun 15, 2012, 07:48 AM »
I know of a very well endowed young lady who managed to snag a treble hook on the very point of her anatomy one year. She was not happy. Took a while to calm her down enough that I could remove the hook.

tell her you saved her the cost of a piercing  ;D

Nor Easter

« Reply #11 on: Jun 15, 2012, 12:33 PM »

I'm wondering how many wanna-be surgeons did you have to fight off to get the job..  ;D

drobertsinMaryland

« Reply #12 on: Jun 15, 2012, 02:35 PM »
lol Nice write up Kevin. 8)

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #13 on: Jun 15, 2012, 02:43 PM »
My favorite is showing up with my jon boat, trolling motor, rods and tackle, cooler with beer and sandwiches, lifejackets, the marker lights, a paddle, the comfy seats..... AND I LEFT THE DEEP CELL IN THE GARAGE an hour away!!

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #14 on: Jun 15, 2012, 10:01 PM »
My favorite is showing up with my jon boat, trolling motor, rods and tackle, cooler with beer and sandwiches, lifejackets, the marker lights, a paddle, the comfy seats..... AND I LEFT THE DEEP CELL IN THE GARAGE an hour away!!

DOH!!!!   :pinch:  :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.