FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Top 10 Bonehead Fishing Incidents of the Year  (Read 2656 times)

Doorbreaker

Re: Top 10 Bonehead Fishing Incidents of the Year
« Reply #15 on: Jun 15, 2012, 10:24 PM »
Otis, Sorry no pics. I have the feeling that if that had been suggested the remaining two barbs on that treble would have been in parts of MY anatomy...  Especially when SWMBO was next to me.

Had a couple of folks suggesting help but we took her inside and dealt with the problem. I think the FF/EMT patch and medical star on my jacket is why she came to me. She was actually pretty lucky as I usually carry a med bag in my vehicle. I think she was really surprised at the way I removed it though.  
She was thinking that I would force it through and cut it off. Like I normally would on myself.
In her case I didn't do that the as barb was stuck in far enough that it had a good hold, and the point was still under the skin. Grabbed an ice cube and used it to numb and engorge the tissue, then
used a pair of cutters to cut the shank. Used a needle to lift the tissue away from the barb and removed it in the same wound channel.  Took a minute or so.  Has her use some antiseptic cleaner and then gave her a couple bandages.  I've seen her a couple times since and she says everything healed up just fine.

slazenger28

« Reply #16 on: Jun 15, 2012, 10:34 PM »
I had a good one last week. Went to the bait store and bought 2 doz herring. Went outside to put the bait in the livewell in the boat and noticed there was old water in there do I pumped it out and when it was just about all gone I threw the bucket of bait in and jumped in the truck and drove to the lake. Got out of the truck and heard a humming and what do you know, I left the pump on the whole drive. I look in the livewell to see no water and 2 dozen dead herring. I could go on and on...

jibbs

« Reply #17 on: Jun 17, 2012, 03:38 PM »
Two from my buddy Keith...just finished bragging about his new fishing line...made a cast but forgot to tighten down the drag cap on his spinning reel...spool popped off and went all the way to the bottom...no line left when pulled it up...second...he castes a crankbait right into a boat seat while the owners were sitting on their dock...idiot
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #18 on: Jun 19, 2012, 04:40 PM »
Those are good ones!!!!!!  LOL

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.