FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: bigred's angling adventures (carp 1/2 [page 48])  (Read 113977 times)

devil-man

When are you going to start your own guide service, BigRed?
You put us all to shame...  :'(

gillmaniac

• I Don't Go Fishing, I Go Catching!!!
awesome couple of days big red!!!!
I am a maniac for gills!!!!

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
looks like you have a mother of a hole there Lance, I guess if the fish are there keep going back, LOL. Great job and nice fish, LMB, crappie and that walleye is awesome. WTG  ;D
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

Water Wolf

• BE YOURSELF - everyone else is taken.
Great looking bunch of fish bigred, good work on landing your personal best bass. 8)

WW

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
Great fish bigred!
Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

BAZOOKAJOE

HOLY BE-JESUS!!  You gotta love those big HOGS!!   ;)

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
I'm waiting to see you hook into some big brown carp this winter at toga right around dark, man they fight just like walleyes.  ;D   LOL!!

thanks buddy!  ;D  "Hey I got a nice one...its fighting like a walleye.  I think its a walleye this time, John.  Yeah.  Definetly a walleye, John...     Oh...   wait... d**n!" :cursing:  Yeah, brown carp indeed.  ;D

Marbury 3

Nice fish Big Red, good goin on the new self-record (what a hog).......

-Marbury 3

bigredfishing

Re: bigred's angling adventures
« Reply #653 on: Oct 31, 2005, 08:22 AM »
C'mon man where's the update.  8)

patience slipbob, patience!

bigredfishing

Re: bigred's angling adventures ( *update soon [page 44])
« Reply #654 on: Oct 31, 2005, 08:24 AM »
What an interesting day my buddy Jon and I had last week.  We planned on going up to the SR for some more salmon, but the water was still a bit high, so we decided to hit the smaller creeks instead.  The first four creeks we stopped at had 2X as many people as I have ever seen on them, and it was a weekday!!! UGH!!  Oh well.  We kept going along the Lake Ontario shoreline until we found a creek with only a few cars.  I had never heard of the name, and the people we talked to weren't catching anything. Oh well, I would rather drive a long way and fish my own water and not catch anything then fish elbow to elbow. 

So here we go.  We get down to the creek, and walked a long ways to get away from whatever people were there, and find some unmolested fish.  We finally found a nice deep pool that appeared to have some fish activity.

Jon headed downstream from me and a few minutes later had a nice brownie on, this 24" x 13" 5lb 9oz fish.

We got the fish photographed, Jon headed back down to his little spot, and the next time I looked up, he was battling another fish! After about 10 minutes, he had this hawg pudge brown to the bank.

10lbs 5oz
27" x 17"

I fished for quite a while without a hit, so I switched flies to a big green estaz streamer and that was the ticket.  I hooked and lost one on my first drift, and a few minutes later, I nailed a really nice Brown that took a solid 15 minutes to land.  What a fighter. My new personal best lake run brownie.  Big hook-jawed male.

13lbs 10oz
31 inches 18.5 inch girth.

From there Jon and I landed a few more fish, but things were starting to get crowded even at this unknown stream.  Jon kept the two pictured for table fare, and I kept the big one for wall fare ;D

We headed on down the road, looking for something else.  We found a nice little stream that only had one car, and the guys were just standing on the bridge.  As they headed back to their truck, I checked out the water from the bridge, and got VERY excited.  There was a pod of brownies holding in the faster water, slowly moving up stream.  I yelled to Jon to grab the rods.  The other guys that were leaving must have heard me, as they got out, grabbed their rods, and got on the fish before I could get my rod. :cursing: Oh well.  I just headed up from them and on my first or second drift I had a nice fish take my streamer.  I ended up fighting it in front of the guys so it was all good.

The fish was about 27 inches, did not get a weight or girth on it.

The other guys ended up spooking the fish they were fishing over, and the rest of the pool too, so we headed upstream.  We did not get into any other fish.  As we headed back to another stream, Jon's Cherokee just up and quit ???  The fuel pump took a crap. :-\  Luckily we were stranded next to an orchard, so i helped myself to some fresh apples of the Cortland variety ;D

We got a tow to the nearest garage, and they said they couldn't work on it till Monday.  And this was four days away!  So here we are stranded in east bumtuck, four hours from home.  Jon was able to convince his mom to come pick us up.  With the four hours to kill we picked up bunch of Labbatts and cigars, and proceeded to drink and smoke our blues away ;D  I ended up getting home around 2am.

ol crawdad

• ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!
Re: bigred's angling adventures ( *update soon [page 44])
« Reply #655 on: Oct 31, 2005, 08:26 AM »
AWESOME trout BigRed!!!  Beautiful colors!
Oh Lord - there he is, it feels like a big one, please don\'t let me lose him, I\'ve never caught one this big before.  I\'ll try not to horse him, and if I land him, I promise to release him, and make a graphite replica, if my wife says it\'s ok.  Thank you for the Rapalas...

pikie

Re: bigred's angling adventures ( Big Bad Brown Trout [page 45])
« Reply #656 on: Oct 31, 2005, 09:00 AM »
I've never seen anything like that before.  Congrats.  I've been very frustrated with fishing this fall, but seeing your results keeps me going!  Thx for sharing.

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #657 on: Oct 31, 2005, 09:20 AM »
Nice little adventure!!  Sweet trout!!

shrub

• It Aint Easy Being Fat and Greasy
« Reply #658 on: Oct 31, 2005, 04:04 PM »
wow bigred, that brown is huge,it will look good on the wall.
She said that if i go fishin one more time she was gonna leave me....whell im gonna miss her!!

Fishingking

« Reply #659 on: Oct 31, 2005, 04:51 PM »
NIce Browns dude :)
Team NY 
Was that nice enough for you?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.