FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: South Portland Stripers  (Read 1491 times)

44 Degrees North

South Portland Stripers
« on: Jul 15, 2013, 07:51 PM »
Leaving for Southport Marine to pick up a new 150 hp Merc tomorrow. Leaving home around 3AM, expect to be in the port by 6AM. Two hours before they open. Figured if I made it down that far might as well make a few casts. Thinking maybe around the bug light. What's my chances? I'm not staying long. Soon as that crate is loaded in the body I'm gone. I want that thing mounted and operational by tomorrow night. Just would love to see a striper chase a popper again.

slammah

Re: South Portland Stripers
« Reply #1 on: Jul 16, 2013, 05:45 AM »
You may have a little better luck further up the fore river around bridge pilings, REAL early.

44 Degrees North

« Reply #2 on: Jul 16, 2013, 08:06 PM »
Thanks for the comeback Slammah, but I didn't get any replies before I left so I left the rod home and just tended to business.  Wandered around the marina waiting for them to open didn't see anybody fishing. I'm pretty sure I saw one break water north of Bean plant. Almost went off the road it's been so long since I've seen that.

nitro04106

« Reply #3 on: Jul 17, 2013, 07:34 PM »
been catching a few near bug lite and spring point light on chunk mackeral.... there around the area....

FlatsAssassin

• Just a Fishin Fanatic!
« Reply #4 on: Jul 19, 2013, 03:33 AM »
Was talking to some guys at the water treatment plant that they might be biting at the bridge by the bean plant any rumors of that. was thinking of heading there this weekend for a couple of hours.
The FlatsAssassin

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.