FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Too Much Stuff  (Read 3724 times)

TheStray

Re: Too Much Stuff
« Reply #15 on: Apr 11, 2005, 09:04 PM »
Do a couple hike-in fishing trips.  You'll be ditching stuff just to lighten you're load.  Especially when the 24-pack will be the last to go.
"I don't know what it is about it...  ...I guess it's because the feel of the line tightening just never gets old".

keny

• I like it wet
« Reply #16 on: Apr 12, 2005, 01:13 AM »
I too tend to carry too much stuff-what helped me to cut back was realizing that carrying all this extra stuff alot of painted lures tended to get beat up (esp. ice fishing)ones.adding a vexilar didn`t help either.(heavy and takes up alot of space) I`m not going without it though

Chainsaw

« Reply #17 on: Apr 12, 2005, 06:14 AM »
      I'll second the two anchors to hold the boat steady in the wind, but I got tired of them dragging on the ground when I carried the canoe on portage. ???
       I now bring TWO small mesh bags normally used for laundry and fill 'em with enough rocks from the shore to make the anchors.
       Now I can bring home two bags of rocks. ;D ;D

archbishop

« Reply #18 on: Apr 12, 2005, 12:00 PM »
i also am always over prepared as i call it lol but i learned to distribute my weight wear a turkey vest instead of a fishing vest for more room keep one big takle box in the van and seperate small boxes for use on the fish i am targeting sometimes its hard to leave stuff out but evertime you need something you forgot you either remember it next time or learn little tricks to improvise and when im on a boat i just bring a backpack with my little extras for the day and as far as ice fishing lol im still looking at little tips and tactics to trim that down

gillmaniac

• I Don't Go Fishing, I Go Catching!!!
« Reply #19 on: Apr 12, 2005, 03:32 PM »
I have i guess you would say a lot of stuff. I barely use half the crap anyway. but if you dont have somthing then you have an accuse to get skunked :D :P ;)

gill
I am a maniac for gills!!!!

Original FISHER Jodoin

« Reply #20 on: Apr 12, 2005, 03:45 PM »
This avice will be good for me 2..lol
GIT _ R _ DONE

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #21 on: Apr 12, 2005, 05:04 PM »
  Especially when the 24-pack will be the last to go.

maybe you should try a light or lite beer?
Scotty 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.