FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Any Georgetown lake brookie reports?  (Read 7086 times)

wannabe

Any Georgetown lake brookie reports?
« on: Sep 27, 2013, 05:55 PM »
I've been trying to get over to Georgetown to try to catch a really pretty brookie, but life keeps getting in the way. I finally have a chance next month (early/mid October). I just talked to the bio (Brad Liermann) and have been talking with him for a few years now, about G-Town brookies and OF COURSE the net samples they just got show the smallest samplings they have ever had- for many of the nets the biggest brook trout was 13 inches! A few had brookies up to 16, and one had a brookie up to 17 1/2. Does anyone think there would still be a legit chance to catch one bigger? I'm really going to be mad at myself if I blew my chances of catching a 19 or 20 incher because  I waited too many years. Anyone know of any better places close by? I could go down south to Henry's, but I tried that once and caught some huge brookies, the problem was they are all sterile females with zero color. I want to catch a gorgeous male in spawning colors someday, somehow before I get too old to even fish! Thanks for ANY replies. Dave

missoulafish

Re: Any Georgetown lake brookie reports?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 02, 2013, 02:52 PM »
Wow! That's so shocking that numbers and size are down now. I mean, I wonder why this could be. One of the few lakes in MT where you used to be able to catch a true giant a Brookie and now they are all gone? What an absolute mystery.
Good luck Dave.

spitzomt

• Living in the 406 !!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 02, 2013, 06:06 PM »
One of my buddies caught a Brookie that was 25 inches, and he released it after snapping a couple pics.....Yes, I saw the pics, beautiful fish....This was 2 - 3 weeks ago.....He also stated that he lost another just as big.....So I can't imagine all the big Brookies have vanished from G'Town.....I say make your trip there and see what happens.....Never know until you try.....Take care!!

Sent via iPad2

missoulafish

« Reply #3 on: Oct 02, 2013, 06:45 PM »
Like Spitz said, they are still a few there but ever since they lost their protection they get snagged with regularity through the ice now and the big fish that people are used to seeing through the ice aren't prevalent any longer.

spitzomt

• Living in the 406 !!
« Reply #4 on: Oct 02, 2013, 07:03 PM »
Like Spitz said, they are still a few there but ever since they lost their protection they get snagged with regularity through the ice now and the big fish that people are used to seeing through the ice aren't prevalent any longer.
Exactly.....Well stated Missoulafish !!!!!

Sent via iPad2

spitzomt

• Living in the 406 !!
« Reply #5 on: Oct 03, 2013, 01:54 PM »
Pic off the webcam at G'Town about noon today.....Hardwater will be here before we know it.....HECK YEAH !!

wannabe

« Reply #6 on: Oct 06, 2013, 04:51 PM »
Thank you guys so much for the replies- I haven't checked this thread in a while- wow- snow already? YIKES! What am I saying? That's good! My God, that report of a monster is pretty encouraging!! I am leaving Tuesday am and gonna give it heck for a few days! Dave

spitzomt

• Living in the 406 !!
« Reply #7 on: Oct 06, 2013, 11:54 PM »
Thank you guys so much for the replies- I haven't checked this thread in a while- wow- snow already? YIKES! What am I saying? That's good! My God, that report of a monster is pretty encouraging!! I am leaving Tuesday am and gonna give it heck for a few days! Dave
Good to hear Dave & good for you!! Let me know if you plan to still be there Friday the 11th. If so and if I don't have to work, I may be able to meet up with you and sink some line. Take care & good luck to you!!

Sent via iPad2

wannabe

« Reply #8 on: Oct 07, 2013, 10:49 AM »
Good to hear Dave & good for you!! Let me know if you plan to still be there Friday the 11th. If so and if I don't have to work, I may be able to meet up with you and sink some line. Take care & good luck to you!!

Sent via iPad2

That would be great! Yup, I'll be there. When I got the dismal report, I was going to switch gears and go back to Henry's Lake, but I decided to commit to G-Town. Sent you a pm yesterday that has my contact info too! THANKS THANKS!! Dave

missoulafish

« Reply #9 on: Oct 07, 2013, 11:18 AM »
Good luck guys. Post pics!!!

spitzomt

• Living in the 406 !!
« Reply #10 on: Oct 08, 2013, 05:35 AM »
That would be great! Yup, I'll be there. When I got the dismal report, I was going to switch gears and go back to Henry's Lake, but I decided to commit to G-Town. Sent you a pm yesterday that has my contact info too! THANKS THANKS!! Dave
Hey Dave - Sent you a PM about 4:30am this morning(Tuesday) - I also included my contact info - Take care, drive safe, & I'll chat with ya soon - SpitzoMT

Sent via iPad2

spitzomt

• Living in the 406 !!
« Reply #11 on: Oct 08, 2013, 05:41 AM »
Good luck guys. Post pics!!!
Thanks missoulafish - We'll give er' hell & hopefully it turns out being picture worthy - LOL

Sent via iPad2

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.