FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Western MA Reports  (Read 16761 times)

Crestliner

Quabbin
« Reply #30 on: Apr 30, 2006, 07:23 AM »
We were on the water by 7:15 am Saturday in search of smallmouth and/or lakers shallow up.  Fish were co-operating nicely.  Water temp 48 degrees and a bit breezy early on, but she settled down nicely by noon.  Landed two decent lakers; one on a tube and one on a drop-shot.  Picked up 1/2 doz. fat smallies on tubes and hard jerkbaits.  Everything very shallow; 5' - 15' edges on humps.  Even got a small (14") rainbow on a 5" Senko!  Great day to break in my new boat - yep, a Crestliner :)  Eagles were very active today as well. 

massfisher

Re: Western MA Reports
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2006, 08:32 PM »
What gate did you fish out of??

Crestliner

Massfisher
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2006, 01:09 PM »
We fished out of Gate #31 on Saturday.  I enjoy the abundant wildlife up in that neck of the woods.

Crestliner

« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2006, 01:54 PM »
Fished Gate #31 at the Quabbin again today.  We were on the water by 6:45 AM and the first bass came across my gunnels by 7:30.  Water temp was 54.  Slowly rising.  Got a total of 6 for the morning.  Started to rain by 10 and we were off the water a bit after noon.  Rain just wouln't quit and I HATE fishing in the rain!  They were hitting hard jerks very well today.  Lost one on the drop shot, but it's a bit early for that right now. Tried Senkos and tubes as well, but the jerks were the bait today.  Bucks starting to prep nests on shallow humps.  Very little shore line activity.  Not a bad morning considering the rain.  And, of course, on the drive home the sun comes out!  The weathermen score again.  :)

fishercat

• hard water or soft water just let me fish
« Reply #34 on: Jun 12, 2006, 02:00 PM »
Fished Hatfield ponds on Sat. got 6  L.M. from 12-16" 2 short bass 2 nice bluegills, and a 10" yellow perch all on plastics.
I fish for those "stupid fish" BASS. Largemouth Smallmouth Stripers, and even Rock bass.

fishercat

« Reply #35 on: Jun 12, 2006, 02:06 PM »
Sun we went to the  Q I did not do so good got 2 short S.M. and lost a keeper L.M. at the boat was using cranks tubes and Rapalas. Fishing partner did a little better. He got a 3Lbs. S.M. two keeper L.M. a pickerel about 20" most of his came on plastics.  Wind was a little strong.
I fish for those "stupid fish" BASS. Largemouth Smallmouth Stripers, and even Rock bass.

fishercat

« Reply #36 on: Jun 27, 2006, 06:21 PM »
Fished Wyola today from 7:00_10:30 a.m. water temp was 72 strong wind from the south. Got 2 keeper L.M.also 2 dinks  6-8 pickerel from 10-16" And 2 nice bluegill. Fished plastic top waters and softbody crank baits.

fishercat

« Reply #37 on: Jul 07, 2006, 06:18 PM »
Fished Quabbin Reservoir today - First ones there.  Water temp was anywhere from 73-75.  Caught 4 keepers, 4 shorts, 1 pickerel, and a bunch of bluegill.  3 of the 4 keepers came from one freshly downed pine tree laying in deeper water.  Caught most fish on plastics - tried topwater and cranks not much action.  Here is a picture of my wife with lunker for the day.

fishercat

« Reply #38 on: Aug 01, 2006, 10:36 AM »
Fished the Conn river from Deerfield to Hatfield 3 days in a row sat, sun, mon. Water level sat was nice. sun and mon the river was running  fast  and stained flow went from 8000cfs to 14000cfs . In the three days we got 18 S.M. of that 11 of those where 12" plus the biggest was  2.5 lbs. Also got about 20 fallfish 6 rockbass and 2 bluegills. Fished plastic cranks and top waters. Most fish came on plastic. Saw at least 2 eagles every day.

pikeking

« Reply #39 on: Apr 20, 2007, 12:09 PM »
Isn't western mass supposed to be around berkshire county and the surrounding area's, I know I don't know anyone from western mass that fishes in ct and nh someone better get a bigger map to tell them where they are.(((((FISH ON)))))
IF FISHING WAS WORK, I\\\'D NEVER BE SICK!!!!!!!!

No Time To_Fish

« Reply #40 on: Apr 18, 2008, 12:53 PM »
Isn't western mass supposed to be around berkshire county and the surrounding area's, I know I don't know anyone from western mass that fishes in ct and nh someone better get a bigger map to tell them where they are.(((((FISH ON)))))

Read it a bit closer. They fished the CT. My thoughts of Western, MA is connecticut river west to NY

fishercat

« Reply #41 on: Apr 19, 2008, 06:54 PM »
Read it a bit closer. They fished the CT. My thoughts of Western, MA is connecticut river west to NY

Thank you sir.  :thumbup_smilie:

A  2 fish that where also caught in western Ma. today. On a local small lake.

pikeking

« Reply #42 on: Apr 20, 2008, 10:14 AM »
Fished the local river this morning and got a nice brown.

20"
5lbs.
Great fight, I love fishing this western Ma. river.
IF FISHING WAS WORK, I\\\'D NEVER BE SICK!!!!!!!!

Imissedem

« Reply #43 on: Apr 25, 2008, 08:05 PM »
Hit The River last night for some 'Eye action. 

My buddy had what he called a "pretty nice" feeling
fish on but then lost it only a few feet from shore.

Right at dark I had a nibble and tried to set the hook
but missed it.  We decided we might as well pick up and
as I was breaking down the rod that I had just reeled in
I says to my bud "do you hear a bell" (we use them for
strike indicators).  My buddy says "It's just the one in your
pocket".  I finished packing up my first rod and head
over to my second and the minute I picked it up I felt a
wiggle.  Landed a fat  20 inch 3 Lb'er.  It was obviously
a female full of eggs but it had swallowed it "hook line and
sinker so to the fillet board it went.  Unfortunately, the digi-
cam is on the fritz so no pictures this time.

We were fishing medium shiners suspended about 18 inches
off of a fairly heavy egg sinker on the inside of a bend in about
eight feet of water.  Fished from four to six thirty.

Any one else out here in W. Mass having any luck?

Tight Lines,

Not Western Mass but here in RI the Trout have been pretty hot Capt./30 since opening day 2nd weekend of april. Great to see you been staying busy on the water Capt. WHATS BETTER THAN THAT//////NOTHING.

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2009, 09:09 PM »
Conn. River 'Eye

19" of tasty solid white fillet.  Had him frying in oil an hour after catching him.

But you should have seen the one that got away  ;D  At least 24", had him up to shore and SNAP the line lets go  :'(
I look at the line and there is a tell tale pig tail that indicates my knot let go.  I hate it when that happens.   It was probably
the biggest 'Eye of my life and I missed him because I tied a bad knot  >:(

Tight Lines,

Great job Capt. go get the big one. I've got to try for a walleye sometime.
I've done well with the lakers at  Wachusetts up to 5 pounds.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.