FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Dont Buy Cabelas  (Read 14080 times)

Fishb4Family

Re: Dont Buy Cabelas
« Reply #15 on: Nov 01, 2013, 08:21 AM »
Im sorry you feel that way. No apologies necessary to me. We are all entitled to feel the way we would like.

Lundin-loading

« Reply #16 on: Nov 01, 2013, 10:15 AM »
It wasnt till after they got them in their office, decided they should be covered, that they decided they were no longer under the "Lifetime" guarantee.

You send them the boots so they can asses the issues and determine whether the product has been abused or if it was simply a premature failure, in your case, upon assessment they determined that your product had in fact surpassed its lifetime.
I'm just curious how long you expected your 80$ boots to last and why you waited a whole year after they started leaking to try to deal with them? I'm sorry that you had a bad experience and feel so cheated, next time look into unlimited lifetime warranty and try to do all shoe dealings in person so you have a store to return to instead of just a number to call.
I know what your point is here...but I'm still going to go through cabelas on certain purchases regardless of your experience.
Beauty

Baitbucket

« Reply #17 on: Nov 01, 2013, 10:34 AM »
"Unlimited Lifetime Warranty"

Thats a bit redundant dont you think? Maybe they should offer a Lifetime Lifetime Warranty?

The price of the item isnt the point here. The point is they have a LIFETIME GUARANTEE.

I sent them the boots, they assessed them, and concluded they fell under the guidelines. But the Lifetime guarantee had expired (after 2 years)..lol still sounds funny saying that...

Lundin-loading

« Reply #18 on: Nov 01, 2013, 10:47 AM »
Lifetime of the product...
Beauty

Baitbucket

« Reply #19 on: Nov 01, 2013, 11:01 AM »
And how long is that? Because Cabelas wont tell u..

One would think for as long as you are able to use them.
Once they are no longer usable (ie dead) they have reached the end of their lifetime.
And should be able to replace under their gurantee.

Kinda like how LLBean does it:

ericmic1

« Reply #20 on: Nov 01, 2013, 11:18 AM »
Lifetime warranty:

A lifetime warranty is usually a guarantee on the lifetime of the product on the market rather than the lifetime of the consumer, although it can be defined in various ways.[6] If a product has been discontinued and is no longer available, the warranty may last a limited period longer.

Baitbucket

« Reply #21 on: Nov 01, 2013, 11:24 AM »
Or lifetime means lifetime like LLBean offers above.

Anything else is a scum bag marketing tactic to deceive customers..

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #22 on: Nov 01, 2013, 11:31 AM »
I go by what I feel is right...

when I buy a mid-range pair of boots (under $100), I expect to get 1-2 years tops out of them...any more is just bonus.  

I've owned a number of pairs of cabela's boots and high end outer wear, so I've got some experience with their products.  When I wear out my boots, I'm not going to ask Cabelas to replace them...seeing as I WORE THEM OUT....

On the other hand, Rocky Boots...jeesus...I can't keep them d**n things together.  I've returned/replaced multiple sets of rocky boots when the heal comes off, the eyelets break, the leather tears, etc.    But thats a product defect.   a slight leak after after multiple years of use is NOT A DEFECT.

Lets look at this cabelas guarentee again

this line is critical : "under normal wear and tear, and defects"   This means that normal wear and tear is NOT covered, and lets be honest, it shouldn't be.   Cabelas isn't LL Bean, and has never tried to be...  

Baitbucket

« Reply #23 on: Nov 01, 2013, 11:46 AM »
Bigred, Cabelas admitted to me that my boots fell under their guidlines , but was out of the lifetime grantee.

Dispy

« Reply #24 on: Nov 01, 2013, 12:40 PM »
"If two years or less"    wow!!!!!    Enjoy>>>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbyAZQ45uww     :laugh: :laugh: :rotflol: :evil:

Let's discuss the English Terms "Libel & Slander" ;)
"Meet the new with your ears, eyes and mind wide open, and your mouth tightly shut."

Baitbucket

« Reply #25 on: Nov 01, 2013, 12:48 PM »
"If two years or less"    wow!!!!!    Enjoy>>>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbyAZQ45uww     :laugh: :laugh: :rotflol: :evil:

Let's discuss the English Terms "Libel & Slander" ;)

Think you missed the part in the chat where he said after that time you get a gift card for the items value in full.

I'll let the Attorney Generals office worry about "Libel & Slander" after I have made my call regarding Cabelas "Lifetime Guarantee".

PS.. Your doing wonders representing PK Lures as a Pro staffer..

Lundin-loading

« Reply #26 on: Nov 01, 2013, 01:40 PM »
I'd love to see the attorney generals reaction when you call up whining about 40 dollars...get real. You bought cabelas entry level boot, they served their purpose if they lasted one season, step it up and get some quality next time and this may never be an issue again...
Beauty

H82LUZ

• Wishin I was fishin!
« Reply #27 on: Nov 01, 2013, 01:57 PM »
Hey Cabelas, when my LL Bean boots are worn out on 10 years and have a hole in the bottom of them, I'll take them back to them and/or send them in and get a brand new pair, no questions asked.

Oh, and on the inside will say                    MADE IN THE USA
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, National Guard or Reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life." Thank you to all of you.

Baitbucket

« Reply #28 on: Nov 01, 2013, 03:41 PM »
I'd love to see the attorney generals reaction when you call up whining about 40 dollars...get real. You bought cabelas entry level boot, they served their purpose if they lasted one season, step it up and get some quality next time and this may never be an issue again...

You clearly know what your talking about..  I wouldn't go to the Attorney General for the 40$. I would go to the Attorney General to make the aware of these questionable business practices.

As for your comment regarding the quality.. They are the mid grade for the Cabeals Pac boots.

But I must admit, your logic is sound. Because they are not the 200$ boots the guarantee shouldn't apply and i should be happy with them screwing me.

You sir, are a genius..

OTIS

« Reply #29 on: Nov 12, 2013, 06:24 AM »
The issue here isn’t weather someone got their money’s worth out of a product, it’s that a company is once again falsely advertising a warrantee.  I often find it comical how these companies try to sway someone to purchase their goods with promises that they never intend to keep, or wording that benefits them and that the common man would not be able to see through.

My suggestion to you is take your $40 and spend it at LL Bean.  I’ve sent numerous products with a life time guarantee back to them.  Now I will be honest and up front, I don’t always get a full replacement, however I’m not always looking for one.  If a product has been used beyond what anyone would consider normal wear or is 5 plus years old, then I don’t expect them to give me 100% in return.  But I have always been satisfied with the outcome.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.