FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: This Bear Thing  (Read 2902 times)

44 Degrees North

This Bear Thing
« on: Sep 27, 2014, 01:50 AM »
I know it is a fishing site, but does anybody know how they came up with the number of 7 million pounds of food used for bear bait? And this guy that says he is a bio, is he a bear bio or a bio of something else. These ads seem to me very misleading.

rockhound57

• can't wait to fish
Re: This Bear Thing
« Reply #1 on: Sep 27, 2014, 06:45 AM »
OF course, each side will use it's propaganda to create the most dramatic contrast possible. I was impressed by the quote in the BDN article: Vashon expects still-hunters in Maine to have a lower success rate, between 3 and 5 percent, because Maine has a much denser forest, making it more difficult to stalk prey. If her predictions are correct, then it will require 70,000 to 150,000 bear hunters to reach the state’s harvest goals. I hope someone's planning on some serious marketing!!!   :-\
Too Soon Old - Too Late Smart!

Brewerbass

« Reply #2 on: Sep 27, 2014, 12:16 PM »
Since we have more deer hunters than that hit the woods each november and only a few bears are killed it will take a lot more than she is figuring to meet the harvest goals.  It will not be possible to get the amount of hunters interested in even trying to hunt them  without bait.  Even if the permit is free. 

chillywillie

• Team Maine
« Reply #3 on: Sep 27, 2014, 04:59 PM »
That commercial with that guy is a joke.  Pisses me off to no end seeing it on tv.

NBourque

• Bruce slayer
« Reply #4 on: Sep 27, 2014, 06:51 PM »
That commercial with that guy is a joke.  Pisses me off to no end seeing it on tv.
x2. How can you argue with the Maine warden service and more importantly maines bios that urge you to vote no on 1? To me this should win by a land slide but nothing surprises me any more in this state.

TightLinesMaine

« Reply #5 on: Sep 27, 2014, 10:52 PM »
he's got a Wikipedia page lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernd_Heinrich

44 Degrees North

« Reply #6 on: Sep 28, 2014, 01:46 AM »
I'll take these guys opinion over Bernd Heinrich any day of the week.

Morfishin

« Reply #7 on: Sep 28, 2014, 09:06 AM »
We really need to ban together and get these anties out of here once and for all. And the state needs to do some thing because they'll just kept coming back.
FISH ON

joefishmore

« Reply #8 on: Sep 28, 2014, 11:02 AM »
How many of you have ever seen a bear while hunting ? I never have.
On another note B. Heinreich has written some very interesting books.
He has a cabin in Perkins TWP .

thedirtydirtyfisherman

« Reply #9 on: Sep 28, 2014, 04:58 PM »
Reading his bio and career accomplishments he is an insect and bird expert I've seen nothing on his expertise on bears.  Just another environmental nut that has ideas based on loose unproven science.

Scalloper

• 73 lbs Atlantic Hal june 2009
« Reply #10 on: Oct 06, 2014, 08:34 AM »
Its great to see fellow sportsmen supporting other fellow sportsmen. The bottom line is the antis don't want any hunting or fishing. The only reason they are funding question #1 is that they do a study across the whole US trying to find the most controversial hunting/fishing practices that divides sportsmen, then that's where they concentrate their efforts. As some of you know, in the past I ,at times, have critized IF&W for their handling of different matters. I have been nothing but impressed with the support they have given Maine sportsmen on this ballot. Unlike the last time this went to vote when all members of IF&W had a gage order on them and not allowed to voice their opinions.
Its a lazy man that can't find his wife a second job

jrelaxin

« Reply #11 on: Oct 06, 2014, 09:40 AM »
 Standby wait till they target black powder or bow hunters next...... ;)
Donut a day and I'm ready to play
 Dave

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.