FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ANY ONE FISHING?  (Read 18312 times)

• I'd rather be fishing!
Re: ANY ONE FISHING?
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2015, 09:48 AM »
yak fishing has been a blast! been going daily.
heres a few shots of dinner.

17 nice 8-9" gills!

YUM, malt vinegar and beer battered gills! cooked for 3 minutes @375 degrees.

SKIFFLAKEJIMMY

« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2015, 06:20 PM »
YUMMMM!!!!
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!

rp dog

« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2015, 05:03 PM »
Looks like a good dinner having gills for supper myself tonight. Hard to beat fresh gills.

boondox

« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2015, 11:19 AM »
that is looking good! i always loved malt vinegar on my fish french fries etc...etc...

• I'd rather be fishing!
« Reply #49 on: Jun 02, 2015, 10:38 AM »
they are in spawn now and i keep catching giant blue gills with eggs. still a lot of fun on a fly rod with flies you make tho, just no dinner.
so no pictures to update with.

boondox

« Reply #50 on: Jun 02, 2015, 10:01 PM »
good move throwing them back for one there old spawnners...  that don't spawn as fast as the younger fish  but give the little fish a lesson on how to become bigger fish like were to spawn what they eat when there is not much available.. i guess  what i am saying is good habits bread  big fish.. fish  become big because of habits  they have...  take all the big fish out all you got is little fish that stay little cause they don't see what the big one does year round...  like farm pounds you can only have so much little fish in there before they stop growing too it is all the environment for the fish  and how it effect the fish in the long run.. any how very good choice on throwing them back the bigger fish do breed bigger fish too so it a matter of ethics and when there not full of eggs you made a good choice no mater what...  so when's the next gill fry?i sure you could time it?? lol's  maybe you should do gill pic on a board marked with inches like they got for bass then we can see the scope of the fish your catching so people can under stand the effort and why it is worth good management... then you can get some good pic's up with out having to fry em right away... lol's   

• I'd rather be fishing!
« Reply #51 on: Jun 07, 2015, 09:18 AM »
good move throwing them back for one there old spawnners...  that don't spawn as fast as the younger fish  but give the little fish a lesson on how to become bigger fish like were to spawn what they eat when there is not much available.. i guess  what i am saying is good habits bread  big fish.. fish  become big because of habits  they have...  take all the big fish out all you got is little fish that stay little cause they don't see what the big one does year round...  like farm pounds you can only have so much little fish in there before they stop growing too it is all the environment for the fish  and how it effect the fish in the long run.. any how very good choice on throwing them back the bigger fish do breed bigger fish too so it a matter of ethics and when there not full of eggs you made a good choice no mater what...  so when's the next gill fry?i sure you could time it?? lol's  maybe you should do gill pic on a board marked with inches like they got for bass then we can see the scope of the fish your catching so people can under stand the effort and why it is worth good management... then you can get some good pic's up with out having to fry em right away... lol's   

got a few pics of one fat female. i did get a few large males, but let them go too and kept nothing, again. i caught 20 in all.

they were hitting the black spider with yellow segmented legs i make.

smeltbuster

« Reply #52 on: Jun 07, 2015, 11:38 AM »
Way to go 3300  8). I've been throwing all my fish back, too. I decided, that if I'm not going to eat them, FRESH, I am not keeping them. 
Yes I am here, but I would rather be on the Kenai river,fishing for reds!

fishfins

« Reply #53 on: Jun 07, 2015, 04:25 PM »
Hopefully  the good fishermen reading some of the recent posts will recognize that the opinions in the replies are inconsistent fisheries biology.

boondox

« Reply #54 on: Jun 07, 2015, 06:29 PM »
got a few pics of one fat female. i did get a few large males, but let them go too and kept nothing, again. i caught 20 in all.

they were hitting the black spider with yellow segmented legs i make.

nice pic's of the spawning colors... 8)  we have a popper fly that is all black except the the certain parts of the tail the forked frog legs the popper is tied all black except two hackles are chartreuse and splayed like frog legs killer pattern on the lake i fish in the sunny days of summer  when there looking up... any how keep the pic's coming if you get baby bass some time those are fun to throw in there for a  change of view...   so your not taking pic of all the same fish lol's it always fun to use the camera... by the way your camera takes awesome pic's...   

• I'd rather be fishing!
« Reply #55 on: Jun 19, 2015, 09:01 AM »
caught 44 gills in 2.5 hours on same fly, black foam/yellow segmented legs on a fly rod. all returned to make lots more. some pulled like bass.

today is a great day to get out.

boondox

« Reply #56 on: Jun 20, 2015, 05:19 PM »
was out my self to ended out with a ton of huge gills with eggs thrown back and three small mouth bass sure is a great day to head out.....

• I'd rather be fishing!
« Reply #57 on: Jun 24, 2015, 08:47 AM »
slowed down a lot a few days ago for gills. probably the water/run off is messing with them for now. got another 10" female egg bound and let her go. i let all of them go until they are done with spawning.
maybe its time to go crappie fishing up the kal river east of marshall. i get 16" crappies on minnows (when i used them), but now i just toss trout magent jigs for them and get gills and bass and pike and carp and what evers around on them.
should be out today and the weekend, see how their doing.

boondox

« Reply #58 on: Jun 25, 2015, 03:06 PM »
slowed down a lot a few days ago for gills. probably the water/run off is messing with them for now. got another 10" femal egg bound and let her go. i let all of them go until they are done with spwning.
maybe its time to go crsppie fishing up the kal river east of marshall. i get 16" crappies on minnows (when i used them), but now i just toss lures for them and get gills and bass and pike and carp and what evers around on them.
should be out today and the weekend, see how their doing.

me and a buddy cancelled a trip to port Huron cause of week end weather 20-30 mph winds and lighting storms and rain will be fishing Friday and one of my favorite haunts... hopefully

boondox

« Reply #59 on: Jun 26, 2015, 05:25 PM »
was out today caught 5 bass  some over five pounds... any how here is a picture of them... also seen quite a few boat coming in close to the fishing docks were i fish don't people know they should not do that? took a few pictures of it maybe we should start a ware waldo but spot the idiot instead  lol's     instead of getting a complex about being crowded i will just enjoy the day and what i caught... please enjoy the picture if you want more it will be of boat today lol's i got to report to the metro park police... if i see them do it more then once i report them.. where catching fish so every buddy and there brother comes a running... to see the big fishes caught...   and it gets really annoying.... 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.