FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Something other than Trout!  (Read 4139 times)

BASSQUATCH

• Bass Fishing For Life 🎣
Something other than Trout!
« on: Apr 24, 2015, 01:27 PM »
I think this site should be changed to Mass Trout Finder  ;D. Here's a few from the past week. I know its not trout but some of us couldn't care less about trout etc  :o 8). Those that are bass anglers, enjoy.

FOREVER HUNTING "BASSQUATCH"

westernmas

Re: Something other than Trout!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 24, 2015, 01:38 PM »
Nice larrys!  You can't just appreciate that people like fishing for different species other than bass?  Out here in the western part of the state the CT river is too high and cold to really target bass and a lot of the ponds/lakes aren't warm enough to get a consistent bass bite for me to target them.  I've tried just with little luck.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

dumbba

« Reply #2 on: Apr 24, 2015, 01:59 PM »
Nice fish Keith. Good to see some bass being caught now. It is trout stocking season after all:-) I've been out a few times myself and got nothing so far but I think it's still early so no panic (Yet).
Getting the small boat prepped this weekend for water. Always a good time.

elevatorman

• Finally made it on to team Lund ! 18 Sport Angler.
« Reply #3 on: Apr 24, 2015, 02:28 PM »
Trout rule ! ;D
Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in awell preserved body; but rather to skid in side ways totally worn out shouting (holy sh*t)  WHAT A RIDE! FISH ON!.

westernmas

« Reply #4 on: Apr 24, 2015, 02:33 PM »
oh I can appreciate that people like to fish other species. Although 98.9 % of all post throughout the open water season is trout this trout that, Monomonah doo doo do do do. Its ok, probably my last post on this site this year. Not like there is much action anyways, kind of like ice shanty, same 15/20 people if that actually participating.

What are the other sites that have more activity?  PM me if you want.  I don't know if the mods don't like you posting about other sites on here.

I've tried MA Fish Finder but I just think the layout and navigating the site is junk.  Other than posting pics kind of being a pain I think this site is the most logically setup.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

dumbba

« Reply #5 on: Apr 24, 2015, 02:56 PM »
Trout rule ! ;D
Trout are weak, pathetic even:-) With bass you can drop them 5 feet to the deck from your boat, step on them, cover them in sand, take a few photo's, hang it by its gills to get its weight, hand it off to your buddy to weigh because he doesn't believe you, leave it on its side out of water admiring it, leave a hole in its head somewhere from the hook, take a few more photo's and release it and it just swims away with a look like, "is that all you got?"  With a trout as soon as you get it out of water the friggin thing rolls over and dies, probably of fright.
All that being said I do enjoy trout fishing too:-)

lowaccord66

« Reply #6 on: Apr 24, 2015, 03:29 PM »
Nice bass Keith.  I hate to hear things like "too cold for them"  there is no such thing, they still feed and sometimes it only takes one warm day and the right spot to really get it done.  Slow your fishing down and you'll catch them in the ponds.  Jerkbaits with 30 second to 1 minute pauses between jerks do wonders as does a flipping jig!  When all else fails a golden under a float will do the trick just as it did during ice season!

Also try targeting smallies where their peak feeding will start at 55 degrees right before the spawn!  They will be near deep water that is close to favorable spawning flats and will move between the deep and shallow water during the day.  Jerkbaits or a jig with gulp is how I like to get them.  The jig works better than the jerkbait if the water is sub 55 degrees. 

I like lakers because we target the big ones.  

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
« Reply #7 on: Apr 24, 2015, 06:13 PM »
Nice Bucketmouths Keith. Looks like you picked up right where you left off switching from hard to soft water.
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

Baitbucket

« Reply #8 on: Apr 24, 2015, 06:31 PM »
Keith in that second to last pic i see the hook but no plastic bait... FISH KILLER!!
LOL JK bud nice fish!

MrE1979

• If it was easy they would call it catching.
« Reply #9 on: Apr 24, 2015, 06:56 PM »
Way to go man.  You are The Bass Whisperer no doubt.  I tell people all the time I know someone who can catch a 5lb bass outta a 5 gallon bucket that was just filled.  As soon as I get out in the boat I'll start postin some bass on here. 
It is MY responsibility as a fisherman to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now.  Help make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day.

Jschumacher

• Fish often. It's a way of life. Life Member NAFC.
« Reply #10 on: Apr 24, 2015, 09:24 PM »
"oh I can appreciate that people like to fish other species. Although 98.9 % of all post throughout the open water season is trout this trout that, Monomonah doo doo do do do. Its ok, probably my last post on this site this year. Not like there is much action anyways, kind of like ice shanty, same 15/20 people if that actually participating."

Keep the post coming Keith. Always enjoy your Bass posts. I keep saying every year I'm going to use all my bass stuff and do more bass fishing. But the Chu, the Salt water, and the racing get in the way LOL. Oh yea and got to spend some time with the wife. LOL. "Keep on Bassin"
I fish every chance I get and enjoy every time I fish. They call it fishing not catchin

Member of The GODS

MrE1979

• If it was easy they would call it catching.
« Reply #11 on: Apr 24, 2015, 10:07 PM »

Keep the post coming Keith. Always enjoy your Bass posts. I keep saying every year I'm going to use all my bass stuff and do more bass fishing. But the Chu, the Salt water, and the racing get in the way LOL. Oh yea and got to spend some time with the wife. LOL. "Keep on Bassin"

I've told you a million times Jeff fishin is WAY MORE FUN than watchin cars go left for 3 hours.
It is MY responsibility as a fisherman to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now.  Help make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day.

Knot there yet

« Reply #12 on: Apr 25, 2015, 02:01 AM »
Do you fish those big shiner (Goldie's )that you use thru the ice?We're prime time pike fishing and those would be nice. First mate got a beauty last week 10lbs3oz he got four pike total while I'm still a pike virgin.I did lose one but nobody likes those stories.

bogtrotter

« Reply #13 on: Apr 25, 2015, 09:17 AM »
What does "Monomonah doo doo do do do" mean?

And, seriously, someone out there thinks this (and other fishing) site(s) is/are trout-heavy?

All I have been seeing lately are bass posts.

Bass are lovely, chunky fish, but trout live in nicer water (i.e., streams).

I'd rather wade a brook than be trapped in a boat or onshore.

bigbellybilly

« Reply #14 on: Apr 25, 2015, 09:25 AM »
Nice fish Keith hope to get some bassin in later will post if get anything of size. I agree with Ed you are the fish whisperer

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.