FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Vanish?  (Read 4047 times)

Snapper

Re: Vanish?
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2005, 01:22 PM »
It is OK, it all depends on what you are looking for or you are going to be using it for the memory is not the great.  As for leader it depends, on leader for what?  I would never use it for fly line leader.  I do use it on my ice fishing rods, and some of my open water fishing rods.  Things you want to stay away from are like top water lures because the line sinks faster than mono and there is less stretch to it.  It is a good line but keep that in mind along with what you are going to be using it for because it is not good for all applications but it is great for others. 

Snapper

RJP

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2005, 04:23 PM »

I used the 4lb test for ice jigging and for open water and it's ok.  I just put the 14lb on my surf rod (spinning) and am not happy with it.  It's stiff, cut the heck out of my finger and had problems with the line coming off in coils and tangling.  The tangling seemed to get better when some line was taken off (due to tangles and having to cut it) so maybe it was over-spooled.  I am going out this weekend and am about 50/50 as to whether to take it off and go back to Trilene or give it one more chance.

My .02 is that it is ok for light test fresh water but not too good for heavier test saltwater use.

pot-belly-pike

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2005, 07:47 PM »
 8) 8) 8) KOOL

slipbob I have tried Pline F  but its not like  my favrate line called fireline   & also I used vanish guys

but my #1 line on all my reels  exceptt flat-line reel is FIRELINE 
oh & one thing did I say  I dont work for FIRELINE

so the  #1 line for me going  is FL  before that I allways loved  STREN

hope I helped somebody

Steve
Smile it makes others wonder what your up to

~:+)

oh no fish-on i gotta get fishin

USMC130FE

• Team NY will RULE!!!!
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2005, 12:19 AM »
I switched to Vanish 4# for panfishing this year and have nothing but good things to say about it.  I mainly use small tube jigs and find it casts like a dream and found the Palamer (sp) knot to work exceptionally well.  I probably don't have the memory problems that some do because I use it 2-3 times a week and catch enough fish to keep it straightened out  :whistling:  The 2# is a bit of a hassle tying though but deadly with the panfish.  Just my $0.02 worth.

Tight Lines all,
Steve
Sure the Marines are a department of the Navy........... We're the MENS DEPARTMENT!!!

icechip

• B.C. BIG COUNTRY
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2005, 08:00 AM »
I like the Vanish too but only as a leader for fireline.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.