FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle The Fishing Tackle Superstore

Author Topic: Gardens anyone?  (Read 232676 times)

gotagetm

Re: Gardens anyone?
« Reply #3480 on: May 31, 2020, 02:39 PM »

Not as nice as all your raised bed gardens but should work fine , working so many hours now no time to weed, Geo Textile controls weeds well , just gotta water later

cnypanfisher

« Reply #3481 on: May 31, 2020, 04:13 PM »

5 raised beds with 60 tomato plants. Canning in 2 months.

gotagetm

« Reply #3482 on: May 31, 2020, 05:13 PM »
60 tomatoes! Holy moly you'll have enough for years if yo can them all ,I used to do alot ,12 now gives me all sauce and juice I need for a year! Nice beds though!!

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #3483 on: May 31, 2020, 06:25 PM »
Couldn't possibly script a more perfect weekend for yard work! My boy Rob let me rent his 2 boys for a few hours and we got a ton of past due chores accomplished, they got some pocket money and ate me out of house and home lol. Today Lisa  and I cleaned our cars and I planted the garden finally.... used up some left over block from the build and started a new bed. Ran about a yard short on soil. So far I have market more and burp less cukes, Portugese long hot, Hungarian wax, hot cherry and orange bell peppers. Green beans and sugar snap peas, Roma, cherry, early girl and patio Tom's. Herbs and speragu and doing well and due to everyone becoming a farmer this year🙄 I had to start my pickle cukes from seed, along with Zucchini and radishes. 
Now for a well earned cocktail and some Walleye 😜

cnypanfisher

« Reply #3484 on: Jun 01, 2020, 03:21 AM »
60 tomatoes! Holy moly you'll have enough for years if yo can them all ,I used to do alot ,12 now gives me all sauce and juice I need for a year! Nice beds though!!
Yeah we have issues for sure, 2 of them are italians or pears for sauce, 2 are beefsteaks and another large breed, the last one has eaters and some cherry tomatoes. We put down A lot of sauce, tomatoes, salsa and Deb makes awesome chili sauce too. We also are going to have some for Deb's sister in law, she does 150 jars A year.

gotagetm

« Reply #3485 on: Jun 01, 2020, 07:59 AM »
Wowza!

lowjack12

« Reply #3486 on: Jun 01, 2020, 09:46 AM »
My wife does like 10 different kinds of tomatoes green ones are called green zebra they are unbelievable just a few from last year

Also I put tons of fish carcasses to the Garden I never have to fertilize

lowjack12

« Reply #3487 on: Jun 01, 2020, 05:11 PM »
Put some basil out a few days ago it took a beating from the cold wind yesterday

seamonkey84

« Reply #3488 on: Jun 01, 2020, 05:11 PM »
I picked up a fall gold raspberry cane at a nursery today, and ordered a dwarf blackberry on amazon (fingers crossed) plus some seeds. Id better get my beds built and filled, but a few things I plan on putting in containers for at least the first year. .
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

lowjack12

« Reply #3489 on: Jun 01, 2020, 07:06 PM »
Containers out of weed mat material is the way to go. Plastic suffocates roots. Atheist drill alot
Of holes.

seamonkey84

« Reply #3490 on: Jun 01, 2020, 08:29 PM »
Containers out of weed mat material is the way to go. Plastic suffocates roots. Atheist drill alot
Of holes.
Like make a basket out of the coco fiber carpets?
"You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

lowjack12

« Reply #3491 on: Jun 02, 2020, 06:46 PM »
I use a Filter Fabric type of weed fabric / Filter Fabric or old chicken fencing just make circles out of them

lowjack12

« Reply #3492 on: Jun 02, 2020, 06:50 PM »

These aren't mine but these are good I got friends that had cannabis plants grow 12 feet out of it

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3493 on: Jun 04, 2020, 06:05 AM »
Every one's gardens look great...
 Mine is starting to come along.   One more bed to fill with fall squash and fill in the room I have for extra hot and green peppers..  Got the electric fence up and going.  There's a big doe with a fawn in the field and I don't want her to teach the youngan any bad habits. 

Dont know what happened to the rhubarb, grew good but hasn't turned red...

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #3494 on: Jun 04, 2020, 06:14 AM »
Looks great Loser 8)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.