FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Nice Day on the water  (Read 2496 times)

fishcharmmer

Nice Day on the water
« on: Mar 12, 2016, 08:35 PM »
Made out today we got 16 fish 3 crappies and 13 gills all in 3 to 4 ft of water 49 degrees. Got most on spikes even the crappie, minnows not working yet . Used cell phone for pics came out dark so for today no proof pics will be different next time.

• I'd rather be fishing!
Re: Nice Day on the water
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20, 2016, 09:53 AM »
i believe ya. you don't have to prove to us you had a great time on the water.

boondox

« Reply #2 on: Mar 21, 2016, 11:24 PM »
trust me we believe ya I ended out with 6 crappie on Sunday before I ran out of minnows only bought a dozen minnows and had 6 minnows left and 6 fish in the box so I would say did fairly well reusing minnows :) that and 2 walleye between Friday and Saturday ... the bigger stuff like 22 and a 24 inch walleyes...off the wall on the st Clair river...   any how glad to see you guys from I/s finally making your way back over hear...in other words welcome back! 

• I'd rather be fishing!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 22, 2016, 09:16 PM »
thanks boondox for the welcome!

i'm posting on both sites still like last year.

just waiting for warmer water for getting out the kayak. i haven't had my fishing boat out for years.

boondox

« Reply #4 on: Mar 22, 2016, 09:28 PM »
thanks boondox for the welcome!

i'm posting on both sites still like last year.

just waiting for warmer water for getting out the kayak. i haven't had my fishing boat out for years.

no problem on the welcome back

funny thing is I have not had my boat out in about 6 years and been shore fishing the whole time every one say I buy a boat tot get away from people then when fishing in the boat every one follows you to your honey holes??  so I gave up on the boat fishing could not take people following me around and wrecking my attitude and my honey holes... so i started shore fishing off on a right foot...  by greeting them as they pull up in the car and talk with them while they fish and hang out with them the whole time there their...   you be surprised what you can learn  like what to do and what not to do lol's...  make you a better fisher men if you can handle people fishing next to you lol's

also gave up on the 4 hour drive to the west side for all the pot smoking and drinking fighting etc going on the river I should just go fish the getto in Detroit and port huron hell all the people from the getto  seem to be fishing the west side any ways? and it is a shorter drive for me only like a hour and 20 minutes  to hit the lake huron mixed bag I love to take pictures of  thus far... any how were ever you fish take it and respect it don't lose it or abuse it  what ever you do.... the future is for are kid and their kids...   

• I'd rather be fishing!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 22, 2016, 10:18 PM »
weren't you looking for a kayak last year or canoe? they are a great way to hit small waters where big boats can't race ya or take the spots you like to fish.
that's why i got us a few yaks to get on smaller lakes that motor boats have a hard time launching in. plus it cost nothing to use them and you can be ninja on the fish lol.

we get up in less than a foot of water and back in near the shores and fly fish the weeds until the lily pads grow in. what a blast that is. might try an anchor stick this year for the shallows.

boondox

« Reply #6 on: Mar 23, 2016, 03:47 AM »
weren't you looking for a kayak last year or canoe? they are a great way to hit small waters where big boats can't race ya or take the spots you like to fish.
that's why i got us a few yaks to get on smaller lakes that motor boats have a hard time launching in. plus it cost nothing to use them and you can be ninja on the fish lol.

we get up in less than a foot of water and back in near the shores and fly fish the weeds until the lily pads grow in. what a blast that is. might try an anchor stick this year for the shallows.

ya I got a 16 foot canoe and a 18 foot sea nymph don't use more of a pain to get out then m y pier cart is lol's any how if planning on making a stick anchor... see if you can get some c clamps or some thing similar to clamp a board to the haul  or use a scupper hole of your kayak... they sell steel rod as long as 72 inches which is about 6 foot at tractor supply other places you can get it 96 inches or 8 foot  if ordered...  drill a hole in the board or use a scupper hole to insert the rod threw I like 3/8 inch but 5/8 would work too just push down hard enough you can pull it out after when done... kind of a power pole if you will...   I use a board clamped to the thwart to do the same thing of a canoe if it sit in side you can use the board trick if sit on top mite want to try a scupper hole? still think that power pole is worth the extra $3,000 to own a electric one?   when you can make one for around $20 bucks lol's....  btw I may have been looking at solo canoes not sure and might have given up on the idea???  could even try 1/2 inch emt in a ten foot length? for the power pole idea ???

• I'd rather be fishing!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 23, 2016, 10:11 AM »
not sure what cost 3k but i was going to use some thing simple like conduit. i have a sit in yak for me and my wife.
i like the scupper hole trick and a buddy has a sit on top yak so he can use that idea so thanks for that!
i was also looking at solo canoe by old town. looks comfier than the yak, but cost 1k
http://www.oldtowncanoe.com/canoes/next/
http://paddlenext.com/
http://www.canoekayak.com/gear/gear-review-old-town-next/
i went with a 10 foot for its weight and can store inside my minivan. i can have two of them in maybe three and then i have the roof bars.

not sure what you mean about the board pole anchor trick. i probably don't need to use a pole i have double trolly anchors now.
was fly fishing last year and i knocked my specs off my face so cleanly i was surprised how they came off and went right into the water. they are expensive prescription transition glass's too. luckily i was shallow water fishing and could pick them up off the weed bed bottom of the lake. i will be using some thing for that this year tho. kinda freaked me out how quick it happened.

right now i have one of my new ice shanties spend the night out side while a new water proofing treatment finished drying. i used a product called 303 and is said to be the best it gets by many who have most of the others. i bought some ground stakes for it too and a cable lock and locked it our picnic table. i have cameras watching it too just in case.

we never did practice falling out and getting back in our yaks, so the warmer water is what we are waiting for in case one of takes a plunge. i did buy the sit in for colder weather tho and to help with mosquitoes

i'm at 94 and 69 highways, if i were to try pier fishing, i guess south haven would be the closest.

boondox

« Reply #8 on: Mar 24, 2016, 02:50 PM »
not sure what cost 3k but i was going to use some thing simple like conduit. i have a sit in yak for me and my wife.
i like the scupper hole trick and a buddy has a sit on top yak so he can use that idea so thanks for that!
i was also looking at solo canoe by old town. looks comfier than the yak, but cost 1k
http://www.oldtowncanoe.com/canoes/next/
http://paddlenext.com/
http://www.canoekayak.com/gear/gear-review-old-town-next/
i went with a 10 foot for its weight and can store inside my minivan. i can have two of them in maybe three and then i have the roof bars.

not sure what you mean about the board pole anchor trick. i probably don't need to use a pole i have double trolly anchors now.
was fly fishing last year and i knocked my specs off my face so cleanly i was surprised how they came off and went right into the water. they are expensive prescription transition glass's too. luckily i was shallow water fishing and could pick them up off the weed bed bottom of the lake. i will be using some thing for that this year tho. kinda freaked me out how quick it happened.

right now i have one of my new ice shanties spend the night out side while a new water proofing treatment finished drying. i used a product called 303 and is said to be the best it gets by many who have most of the others. i bought some ground stakes for it too and a cable lock and locked it our picnic table. i have cameras watching it too just in case.

we never did practice falling out and getting back in our yaks, so the warmer water is what we are waiting for in case one of takes a plunge. i did buy the sit in for colder weather tho and to help with mosquitoes

i'm at 94 and 69 highways, if i were to try pier fishing, i guess south haven would be the closest.

sorry to not be more descriptive I was tired did not sleep for 24 hours etc etc and was falling asleep while typing that lol's...

to be more descriptive I would use   
a regular  2x4 cut to the length of the thwart so it extends over the water  with a hole in the 2x4 so  the hole is over the water hole size for the 72 inch steel rod  like a 3/4 inch hole for a 5/8 inch steel rod...  clamp to the thwart so it does not pull free when anchored with the steel rod... that was for kayaks and canoes it simple and easy and cheap to make a "t" anchor.....

by the way I think it is minkota that make the power pole for boats it cost around $3k for one depending were you go... basically a real expensive "t" anchor...   and the canoe I got is 16 foot long is why I said I got a 16 foot canoe...by the way my self  I do a lot of pier fishing on the east side of the state I find it easier then dragging the canoe or the boat out of the garage....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.