FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Useable ramps. Open to pubic now not just open but have enough water to launch  (Read 1922 times)

Knot there yet

Up on north shore water levels are very low. Ramp I went by at Sluice pond (Lynn)water two feet past the end of ramp.
 What ramps are open?
 How deep are they?
If you know of open ones. Any that have effected by low water now. Share with us the conditions.
 With a bad ice season now the ramps are high and dry. Just getting harder and harder to have places to fish.
Cheebacco ?
Attitash?
Pilling ?
Horn ?

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
Up on north shore water levels are very low. Ramp I went by at Sluice pond (Lynn)water two feet past the end of ramp.
 What ramps are open?
 How deep are they?
If you know of open ones. Any that have effected by low water now. Share with us the conditions.
 With a bad ice season now the ramps are high and dry. Just getting harder and harder to have places to fish.
Cheebacco ?
Attitash?
Pilling ?
Horn ?

OK are
Forrest lake Methuen electric only
Saltenstall  Haverhill electric only
Stiles Boxford

Tilted

I'm assuming Rock Pond is good to go... Speculating but I know someone who put a bass boat in a week ago
Chasin brown fish

Yachtzy

I have no idea about Horn.

Pillings was always shallow no matter what time of year, parking is tricky also.

Sluice is launchable, the water was a 1.5' lower last Oct. thru Dec. , I launched there 4 times last fall. They may have washed away, but there were 2" x 12" scrap wood that made it easier to get over the lip where the concrete meets the sand. They are not needed if you just go slow. If the water was at normal level you would never see the lip and just drive over it anyways.

Chebacco is good, you just have to trim your motor up when you drop in and take out, or that place will claim another prop on you.

The Mystic is open, herring are running, and you can dabble in the salt too. Trim up at every bridge, there are shopping carriages under water at every one. The Upper is open also, trolling motor only, that's all you need there anyways.

They have Teflon slides you can put on your trailer bunks. They make it easy to just push your boat off the trailer by hand if the launch is shallow. Coming in, just use the hand crank, the slides help there too .

Don't back your truck too deep, the tranny can suck in water thru the vent tube(the rear differential too) and there goes 2K. I learned that the hard way a long time ago.

Tilted

I got a 16ft aluminum w a four stroke 25hp... Installed a reverse winch so I can crank the boat off the trailer when using shallow launches... Good for the cold water months .. 2x on the rollers instead of bunks
Chasin brown fish

Knot there yet

Looking for open ramps with water not to redesign my trailer. I know not to back in over rear axle.
 The problem is no rain or snow this winter.
This ain't Minnesota land of lakes we only have a few lakes locally that will accomadate decent bass boats. (18-20' 90-200hp).
 Chris
  Do you know if they have the Mystic Lockes working yet?
Paralyzed vets tournament in June on Charles River thought I'd go over from mystic Locke. Parking there instead  of in Brighton with trailer.

Yachtzy

Chris
  Do you know if they have the Mystic Lockes working yet?
Paralyzed vets tournament in June on Charles River thought I'd go over from mystic Locke. Parking there instead  of in Brighton with trailer.

I was there last October, they were working fine. I think it was last spring they were broken and they had the massive herring die off. Bring an air horn with you, the DCR guy at the lockes is a deep sleeper, I had to climb the wall and beat on the door to get him to open it up.

Stay as close to the opposite shoreline from the Mystic power plant on the way out and in, the State cops with the twin screw Zodiak and the bow mounted M50 charge at your boat if they think your too close. The Harbor supposed to be no wake the entire way also, and same with the lower Charles basin. That route should work, you get a freshwater flush on the way back in and the trailer never touches salt water.

Knot there yet

Sluice pond water level up 2ft. Ramp is in the water. Hopefully The rocks have been moved at Cheebacco ramp as well. Will there be an opening day at Sluice pond now that bait shop closed ?
 I'm Hoping for this to be shake down week then at it all season.

Knot there yet

Sluice pond water is up but washed out at end of ramp. (Yes Chris there are blocks) (Sunday)
Pounded Chebacco still low water barley got boat to float. Had to winch boat all the way on trailer. Truck had four tires touching water. (Monday) Buddy said ramp parking lot was full Sunday.
 Heard they may have taken away trailer parking a Pilling ramp.
Any one know?

Yachtzy

Guy I know was on Pillings on Easter, full size pickup and trailer, only one fish on a rattletrap. I haven't had a big boat on there in three years, but there's parking on the side of the ramp and the street. If for some reason there are cars scattered around on the street, disconnect the trailer and find single spots. Nobody is going to mess with your stuff in that neighborhood. Another option is if you have another guy is to have him drop you in and you buzz over to the public dock on the main road and pick him up. There are six spots there. If you need a screenshot of the ramp location, let me know. Butter up your bunks, that's a shallow ramp when the water level is low.

Knot there yet

Tell you what...it would kill me to own a boat that didn't launch well in the local spots I fish.  Then again I had the good sense to get a roller trailer...

Good luck getting out there
there you go again talking about something you know nothing about. Local ramp on north shore not conn. The ramp at Chebacco is shallow in high water hard to reach drop off. Sluice kinda the same. But hey you comment just to comment. Nothing good to say say nothing. Salp

Knot there yet

Guy at work said Pilling was going resident only parking. I know where to park just didn't know if they change posting. Guy that bought my  old boat says best place ever and I told him I'd take there. Just didn't want to get there find no parking signs.

Knot there yet

I say good luck getting out there and this is the response.  At least it was good for a laugh!  Perhaps a gardening forum would be a better match for your sensitivities?   :P
maybe you should go catch some friends instead of fish. Salp

Knot there yet

Friends plural yeah thought you'd have trouble with that one. Salp
 You get a dog you should call him Salp

Knot there yet

The Mystic is open, herring are running, and you can dabble in the salt too. Trim up at every bridge, there are shopping carriages under water at every one. The Upper is open also, trolling motor only, that's all you need there.
Yeah hit there yeasterday. Silent(Steve C. ) caught a 3lbs. Bass stuffed full. Biggest belly on a bass I've seen in years. Spooked hundreds of carp. One cover was jammed packed.
 Locked out to the salt water. No action on that side.
Chris was right about Locke operator it wasn't easy getting back.
 I did see some schoolies caught in Saugus River Saturday. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.