FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The Little Wood Shop  (Read 58270 times)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
Re: The Little Wood Shop
« Reply #75 on: Sep 04, 2016, 04:46 PM »
Yup, I can do that.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #76 on: Sep 06, 2016, 01:16 PM »
My bride wanted a new faucet for the sink and power tools for her jewelry hobby for her birthday yesterday... ;D

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #77 on: Sep 06, 2016, 04:17 PM »
Very practical......Hope you bought her some flowers too.

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #78 on: Sep 06, 2016, 04:19 PM »
Ha. I'm so sick of flowers  I can't wait for the first frost..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #79 on: Sep 06, 2016, 05:46 PM »
What Was I thinking!

I've got about 200 bulbs to plant in the coming weeks. I'm afraid to plant them yet with all this summer weather. They might start off too early. I'm going to wait till late fall I think.

Last trip to the doctor today. Says I'm as good as I can get. I guess that's ok. Anyway, no more doctors ;D Played some golf with my good friend Packerbacker to celebrate.

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #80 on: Sep 06, 2016, 06:31 PM »
Glad your as good as you can get...      ;D

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #81 on: Sep 06, 2016, 07:52 PM »
As good as you can get is good, I think.    :thumbup_smilie:
youtube.com/watch?v=ldQrapQ4d0Y
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #82 on: Sep 07, 2016, 04:32 AM »
That was a good one.

Rg

tomturkey

« Reply #83 on: Sep 07, 2016, 09:03 AM »
X2

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #84 on: Sep 08, 2016, 05:47 PM »
So, here's a good one.

I posted my little table saw jointer on Craigslist for sale. Got an instant response from some guy who said he was in Tuscon. He offered to pay me $50 more than I asked if I would deposit the check he was to send me ( for more than the purchase price) and then pay the movers when they arrived. I agreed. He's been in daily contact to see if the check had arrived. It got here today.

The price of the saw combo was $300. He was going to pay me $350. The check was for $1680.30 and delivered by FedEx from an address in Florida. Hmmmmmmm.

He sent me 3 text messages today to find out if I had negotiated the check. I knew something was hinky with this guy. But, I had to go to the bank anyway so I thought I'd see if the check was any good. Not to my surprise, it was a phony.

No loss to me anyway. The saw is still in my garage, back on Craigslist and I've given the stuff to the police. It's not likely they'll ever find the miscreant, but, maybe they'll try.

Rg

fishnmachine

• Life Member NAFC
« Reply #85 on: Sep 08, 2016, 06:33 PM »
My banker wife is sitting here saying, "Fraud fraud fraud fraud fraud fraud.............!" Good for you that you didn't fall for it!    :nono:
     One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.
The brook trout is the prom queen of the trout world, and a promiscuous prom queen at that!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #86 on: Sep 08, 2016, 06:55 PM »
She's absolutely correct.

Most of the time I listen to that  little voice in my head. I was a small businessman for a lot of years. Many have tried to dupe me. If we ever have the opportunity to sit around the table and gab, I have some stories.

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #87 on: Sep 10, 2016, 04:27 PM »
Well, an honest guy just picked up the saw. Cash in hand. I made out alright on that one. Think I'll keep an eye out for a winter project ;D

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #88 on: Oct 24, 2016, 05:27 PM »
So, I've been researching dust collectors and cyclones for the move to the basement this winter. I ran across a design for a baffle type cyclone and decided to cobble one up for a test.

I used a 20 gallon metal trash can, a couple PVC fittings, a few pieces of threaded rod, some 1/4" plywoodand construction adhesive.

This is the shop vac filter afte a few work sessions. Clogged solid with fine wood dust.

There's about 2 gallons worth of sawdust in the shop vac.

Here you can see the baffle and in/out pipes along with the baffle mounted to the trash can lid

This is the baffle shape cut fairly precisely. The larger radius fits against the trash can body when installed, leaving the opening around 240 degrees of the baffle for dust to settle into the trash can as the air is exhausted.

Top of the lid

So, I dumped the contents of the shop vac on the floor and cleaned the filter by tapping it on the floor and into the other pile of sawdust. I installed the cyclone inline with the shop vac intake and vacuumed up the entire lot.

Virtually every bit of dust both fine and coarse ended up in the trash can.

There's was nothing at all in the filter or shop vac canister.

I've built several conventional cyclones and never have had one perform like this one. There's all of $30 in this build.

I love cheap stuff that works really well ;D

Rg

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #89 on: Oct 24, 2016, 05:32 PM »
You better slow down, your going to run out of projects.. ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.