FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle The Fishing Tackle Superstore
This board sponsored by
Please visit our sponsor Fish307.com

Author Topic: Great Sacandaga 2020  (Read 22481 times)

beerbellybob106

Re: Great Sacandaga 2020
« Reply #255 on: Sep 16, 2020, 03:52 PM »
Aside from the fishing being so-so hows the lake level? My boats been bone dry for a month  :'( so Im itching to get back out. Contemplating a weekday soon.
State launches are getting pretty low I cant fish this weekend so I'm thinking I might be done with the resevoir for this year. Some private launches might be ok. Where I fish north of Edinburgh lake level isnt much of an issue except at the launch once on the lake it stays pretty consistent in the middle.
Time to focus on hunting season i suppose  :'(

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #256 on: Sep 16, 2020, 04:05 PM »
I agree, the launches are getting pretty bad, unless you want to get your feet wet. I just may be done for this year..h2l

jaconwall

« Reply #257 on: Sep 16, 2020, 04:12 PM »

Took me all year but I finally got a fish....

48" tip to tail.... bad pic with the hand over the tail, the fish and lure were all tangled in the net and we had to get it back into the water.  30 seconds holding the tail in the water and we got a good release.

Heading back out this weekend to catch another hopefully!

jaconwall

« Reply #258 on: Sep 16, 2020, 04:22 PM »
I'm keeping my boat in the slip until next Saturday, and then may just take a few trips to Saratoga Lake.

Went by the Broadalbin launch today, it does look very low there too

LooseEye90

« Reply #259 on: Sep 16, 2020, 07:57 PM »
Thanks BBB/H2L, appreciate the feedback. I was going to head up to champ as well but I heard theyre dredging Westport so Id have to go even further north to get where I want. Makes for a looong day..  Maybe it is time to focus on the woods like you said Bob. One season winds down while another starts up  :-\

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #260 on: Sep 17, 2020, 06:14 AM »
Jaconwall, congrats, a very nice pike. Fall is a very good time to target pike....h2l

lowaccord66

« Reply #261 on: Sep 17, 2020, 06:32 AM »
Thanks BBB/H2L, appreciate the feedback. I was going to head up to champ as well but I heard theyre dredging Westport so Id have to go even further north to get where I want. Makes for a looong day..  Maybe it is time to focus on the woods like you said Bob. One season winds down while another starts up  :-\

Westport has been bad though so glad they are doing it.  Try willisboro.

LooseEye90

« Reply #262 on: Sep 17, 2020, 11:14 AM »
Westport has been bad though so glad they are doing it.  Try willisboro.

Very true! Even when the water is up it can be tough so Im glad as well. Willsboro is very much an option.

piscesman

« Reply #263 on: Today at 06:29 PM »
Well, wife and I are closing the camp for the season this Saturday. Usually 45 minute job. Will be fishing 1 last time for walleyes and hope they are still where I found them before. Will post results. Good Luck to all. Have access to water if it's still deep enough...........
      Kim
While searching for the meaning of life an older gentleman showed me how to fish. Since then I FOUND IT!!!!!!
      author unknown

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.