FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: I know some of you hunt.........  (Read 14530 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
Re: I know some of you hunt.........
« Reply #120 on: Apr 02, 2017, 07:31 AM »
not me man
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Mrp2000

« Reply #121 on: Apr 02, 2017, 02:17 PM »
Tried to post the picture. but I got some dust off the bow today and was having a great time. I love bow season. I am not sure about the crossbow situation but I think when my shoulders can't draw a bow easily and be accurate it would be nice to have the option to use a crossbow. I think if people practice with anything they own you can be deadly with anything in it's range.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #122 on: Apr 02, 2017, 04:50 PM »
 I think if people practice with anything they own you can be deadly with anything in it's range.........................this really isn't true many people  can not draw back the legal draw  weight of a bow  yet  do not qualify  for  the  handcapped crossbow  statis  ...in order to have  gotten that in years past  you  needed to be about  dead  ...other states have gotten on board and this one will too ,just when is the  question
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

pikeman3033

« Reply #123 on: Apr 02, 2017, 09:41 PM »
I'm not big on posting but this is an issue that I feel very strongly about. The state legislature should not be deciding what is best for deer management in our state. The DEC was formed to handle such matters and it sets a scary precedent to have the state senate and assembly decide this matter. The DEC uses data from reported deer harvests for each wmu to estimate deer population in all areas of the state. Some areas are way overpopulated to the point where sterilization programs have been proposed to control the population. Seems to me that antler restrictions in these areas would cause populations to grow even more. I am not against antler restrictions at all for certain wmu's, it just scares me that the legislature could decide this. These are the same people who allowed the unSAFE act to become law.  I urge everyone to reach out to your assemblymen and voice your concern on this matter.

chrony59

« Reply #124 on: Apr 04, 2017, 12:02 PM »
I called two Senators offices yesterday and could not get an answer on the Crossbow vote  ??? ??? ???

Pequod1

« Reply #125 on: Apr 05, 2017, 04:49 AM »
No budget means no crossbow.  I will try again today to get an answer.

chrony59

« Reply #126 on: Apr 05, 2017, 09:42 AM »
No budget means no crossbow.  I will try again today to get an answer.
Hey Pequod1 , could you give us a little insight on how this process works ? I guess I wasn't paying attention 50 years ago when I learned about how our Government works ........... LOL

gotabig1

« Reply #127 on: Apr 05, 2017, 10:19 AM »
These bills may not be voted on until the budget is passed. They shouldn't be in this years state budget because there isn't any cost for them. However, you never know... These Pols don't even read what they're voting on thoroughly. Also, they passed an extender which funds state govt til end of May, so they can go on Easter break. This temporary funding also had lots of Cuomos pet projects that may not have passed otherwise.... .. The first thing to be eliminated from the budget???? Ethics reform  ??? ???

jeffro9023

« Reply #128 on: Apr 05, 2017, 04:27 PM »
If this passes, I will surrender purchasing a big game license. I know all the 5 QDMA jackoffs will applaud, but this state is losing license purchases fast enough. I hunt to put meat in the freezer, God tells me what I can eat, not the state. I will continue hunting geese though, there is no debate on which fully mature goose is acceptable for my pictures  ;D
Where can I catch a crappie? Thanks in advance

Pequod1

« Reply #129 on: Apr 05, 2017, 06:03 PM »
The crossbow bill is out.  The republican controlled senate was in favor but the democratic assembly was overwhelmingly against. The assembly is 2/3 democrat.  I am not choosing sides here between dec and republican but rather blaming a lot of downstate people who are opposed. I would not doubt that almost none of them hunt too.

As far as the process goes, there is no such thing as bring a bill up, go through committee and have a vote like we all learned in school many years ago. It seems that a lot of what gets into committee stays there and is included in the budget talks. The executive budget talks are private. Many senators and assembly people don't even know what goes on behind closed doors.  Apparently, since there was so many assemblymen against it, the republicans in the senate traded it for another item they wanted passed.

It still is three men in a room smoking cigars, passing bills and making laws in New York!
Sorry to say, the DEC has to follow what is passed or not.

reeleyz

« Reply #130 on: Apr 05, 2017, 07:06 PM »
So now we can have this same debate again next year. Can't wait...

SPN

« Reply #131 on: Apr 05, 2017, 08:02 PM »
So now we can have this same debate again next year. Can't wait...

Yeah about antler restrictions!  LOL
Kids Who  Grow up Fishing Hunting and Trapping won't rob little old ladies!!

chrony59

« Reply #132 on: Apr 07, 2017, 11:53 AM »
politics SUCKS , plain and simple ............too complicated for the average person to even understand  >:(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.