FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: drone fishing  (Read 14634 times)

JoeGG

Re: drone fishing
« Reply #75 on: Apr 21, 2017, 06:29 PM »
lol. Your comparisons are ridiculous.  Drones will eventually be outlawed

lowaccord66

« Reply #76 on: Apr 21, 2017, 07:15 PM »
https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/05/26/drone-crashes-down-spectator-during-memorial-day-parade/UFt2MohBZ9ZQZU49EcLsxN/story.html

Will, I respectfully disagree.  This is just one example....

Also noticed this morning driving into gate 8...quabbin agrees apparently.  Sign says clearly "No Drones"

Baitbucket

« Reply #77 on: Apr 22, 2017, 06:04 AM »
https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/05/26/drone-crashes-down-spectator-during-memorial-day-parade/UFt2MohBZ9ZQZU49EcLsxN/story.html

Will, I respectfully disagree.  This is just one example....

Also noticed this morning driving into gate 8...quabbin agrees apparently.  Sign says clearly "No Drones"

Cmon Jon, you cant compare a drone going down during a parade and hitting someone to one hovering over you fishing. The guy that got hit didnt even get hurt and really didnt care.

I posted about the drone outlaw at the Q earlier, it had more to do with potential water contamination.

caught_the_fever

« Reply #78 on: Apr 22, 2017, 08:26 AM »
Caught you make a great point.  The expectation of privacy in public in Mass is a very tricky subject and has so much gray area that its not the strongest point that Will can make in defence of a drone user.  Keep in mind if I were tp record a drone bothering me while I pee there is a amazing chance that its operator (assuming they are found for arguments sake) will catch a charge for voyourism.  People's privacy even in public is a delicate thing...especially in the outdoors.  I suspect Will would habe a different view of he had been harassed to the extent I was.

There is a guy somewhere on this forum who knocked one down with his boats rooster tail...begs the question was that drone opperator being an idiot.. id say yes.

thanks.  It was not so much the expectation of privacy but rather how the footage is used.  If someone is using it to generate hits, and subsequently receiving any form of reimbursement from it, then it could be argued it is commercial use - in which case, damages could be awarded if consent had not been given.  Again, I think most people are reasonable.  However, as noted in this thread, some are willing to argue their "rights" over those of others.  Want to simply give some food for thought when the mindset seems to be only how behavior affects them personally.  

Most will modify their behavior if someone objects to it.  Some may require a little more nudging.

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
« Reply #79 on: Apr 22, 2017, 10:43 AM »
My son lives in Wallingford CT and found one perfectly sitting on his deck right in front of his slider.
There are no stairs coming up to the deck. The only access is thru the inside of his condo. The only footage it had was when it was being unboxed. Scary

stripernut

« Reply #80 on: Apr 22, 2017, 11:13 AM »
My son lives in Wallingford CT and found one perfectly sitting on his deck right in front of his slider.
There are no stairs coming up to the deck. The only access is thru the inside of his condo. The only footage it had was when it was being unboxed. Scary

Sounds like someone new to drones, that did not know what they were doing, ran the battery low and the unit came down for a landing and happen to land on his back deck... How is that Scary? That it might of landed on someone? Or is it about looking in windows? A baseball going thru a window is MUCH more scary and many of us have done that to a neighbour...

lowaccord66

« Reply #81 on: Apr 22, 2017, 12:17 PM »
Well in any event at least I know I can fish somewhere and not get buzzed.... ;D

caught_the_fever

« Reply #82 on: Apr 22, 2017, 05:55 PM »
Well in any event at least I know I can fish somewhere and not get buzzed.... ;D

According to the nightly news this evening, there's one less drone (and properly clothed pool table) in MA.  Fortunately, no one hurt in that circumstance.

Baitbucket

« Reply #83 on: Apr 22, 2017, 06:20 PM »
According to the nightly news this evening, there's one less drone (and properly clothed pool table) in MA.  Fortunately, no one hurt in that circumstance.

Sounds like it was the charger/battery. Probably using those batteries from the Samsung phones lol

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
« Reply #84 on: Apr 22, 2017, 06:38 PM »

There is no problem getting buzzed once in a while. ;D

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
« Reply #85 on: Apr 22, 2017, 06:42 PM »
Sounds like someone new to drones, that did not know what they were doing, ran the battery low and the unit came down for a landing and happen to land on his back deck... How is that Scary? That it might of landed on someone? Or is it about looking in windows? A baseball going thru a window is MUCH more scary and many of us have done that to a neighbour...
Ya Looking in the sliders casing out the place to see if anybody is home or just peeping. He is going to put a photo out at the Mailboxes in case it was a loss of battery.

lowaccord66

« Reply #86 on: Apr 23, 2017, 07:48 AM »
There is no problem getting buzzed once in a while. ;D

Ha its legal in your state now! 

taxid

« Reply #87 on: Apr 23, 2017, 10:11 AM »
Cmon Jon, you cant compare a drone going down during a parade and hitting someone to one hovering over you fishing. The guy that got hit didnt even get hurt and really didnt care.

I posted about the drone outlaw at the Q earlier, it had more to do with potential water contamination.

Speaking of water contamination I was fishing area 3 one day in June several years back. There was a rotting deer carcass in the water near the shore. I'll bet it had been there since ice out. (Most likely a deer went through or broke a leg on the ice.) I reported it but apparently it was no big deal?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

CatchAndReleaseColin

« Reply #88 on: Apr 23, 2017, 10:47 AM »
Speaking of water contamination I was fishing area 3 one day in June several years back. There was a rotting deer carcass in the water near the shore. I'll bet it had been there since ice out. (Most likely a deer went through or broke a leg on the ice.) I reported it but apparently it was no big deal?

Happens once and a while - I think they just figure it will decompose relatively quickly. Not like it's a gas engine that will pollute the water for years or something ...

stripernut

« Reply #89 on: Apr 23, 2017, 01:25 PM »
From MA Env Site;
One quart of motor oil can pollute 250,000 gallons of water, and one gallon of gasoline can pollute 750,000 gallons of water.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.