FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: HAPPY ST. PATRICKS DAY  (Read 973 times)

abishop

HAPPY ST. PATRICKS DAY
« on: Mar 17, 2018, 08:35 AM »
WHO IS GOING TO HAVE THE NORM FOR DINNER TONIGHT. CORNED BEEF, CABBAGE AND MASHED POTATOES. I HAVE HAD THIS EVERY YEAR EVER SINCE I CAN REMEMBER. I LOVE IT.

fishinator

Re: HAPPY ST. PATRICKS DAY
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17, 2018, 09:07 AM »
I'm going to have a case of beer.

abishop

« Reply #2 on: Mar 17, 2018, 11:32 AM »
KILLIGANS RED. GOOD STUFF...

Mac Attack

« Reply #3 on: Mar 17, 2018, 11:50 AM »
"The Feast" is on! Got one brisket in the slow cooker with a bottle of Guinness, some French's mustard, and some brown sugar and the little bag of seasoning. The other two are in my massive stock pot with chopped garlic and the two seasoning packets. One will be finished about 8 hrs from now in the oven with a honey mustard glaze. The other will be finished outside on the grill with some Sweat Baby Ray's and fresh chopped garlic. All of the traditional sides (onions, carrots, potatoes, and cabbage) will be boiled in the left over water from the two briskets. Later tonight after "The Feast" I take that remaining water and add the leftovers to it along with fresh green beans, mushrooms, green peppers, a bag of navy beans and some cut up polish sausage and slowly simmer it all for a few hours. This becomes my world famous and award winning "Colon Cleaner Soup". Soon the house will be smelling of boiled cabbage. Yum! Oh yea, we have a few friends coming over with donations of various beers and adult beverages, a veggie platter and dip, some sweet and sour cabbage, and maybe some other surprises. However, I forgot the bottle of Jameson. We will persevere. Erin go braless!

abishop

« Reply #4 on: Mar 17, 2018, 01:54 PM »
"The Feast" is on! Got one brisket in the slow cooker with a bottle of Guinness, some French's mustard, and some brown sugar and the little bag of seasoning. The other two are in my massive stock pot with chopped garlic and the two seasoning packets. One will be finished about 8 hrs from now in the oven with a honey mustard glaze. The other will be finished outside on the grill with some Sweat Baby Ray's and fresh chopped garlic. All of the traditional sides (onions, carrots, potatoes, and cabbage) will be boiled in the left over water from the two briskets. Later tonight after "The Feast" I take that remaining water and add the leftovers to it along with fresh green beans, mushrooms, green peppers, a bag of navy beans and some cut up polish sausage and slowly simmer it all for a few hours. This becomes my world famous and award winning "Colon Cleaner Soup". Soon the house will be smelling of boiled cabbage. Yum! Oh yea, we have a few friends coming over with donations of various beers and adult beverages, a veggie platter and dip, some sweet and sour cabbage, and maybe some other surprises. However, I forgot the bottle of Jameson. We will persevere. Erin go braless!
SOUNDS GREAT. NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT MAKING A SOUP OUT OF THE BROTH. MAY HAVE TO EXPERIMENT. JAMESON IS GOOD SIPPING WHISKEY. MY BROTHER-IN-LAW ALWAYS GIVES ME A COUPLE GLASSES WHEN WE VISIT. HAPPY EATS.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.