FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Will be fishing in Mass again in June  (Read 1091 times)

taxid

Will be fishing in Mass again in June
« on: Mar 21, 2018, 10:05 AM »
followed by a workshop on casting and molding fish my last five days in Hinsdale, NH. Will drive this time and bring a kayak. Also rent a boat and fish Quabbin at last a day and may shore fish Wachusett for a day for smallies and panfish.

Hit some big calico bass one night on South Pond near Brookfield and want to give that a try again. Caught and released a few nice browns on South trolling a dodger in front of a shiner during the day on a downrigger. Marked some really large suspended fish in South Pond that looked to be Northern Pike. A couple of nice browns in Fort Pond near Lancaster with a minnow behind cowbells. (That was quite a few years back though.) Another pond in that area has big bluegills.

Will be fishing Shabikin Pond (original Native American name which means Hell) at Devens -- renamed the generic Mirror Lake by the military from Big Hell Pond. Used to live up the hill from Shabikin and fished it just about every day as a military dependent kid.

Maybe I will run in to one or more of you?  Don't worry most of my fishing will be catch and release.  ;D
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
Re: Will be fishing in Mass again in June
« Reply #1 on: Mar 21, 2018, 10:19 AM »
I'm always at wachusett so you may run into me lol

taxid

« Reply #2 on: Mar 21, 2018, 12:08 PM »
We'll if you run into a guy with brown hair medium build 60 years old that could be me. LOL  I don't usually look this mean it was a cold blustery day that day.

“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #3 on: Mar 21, 2018, 02:02 PM »
That's a hog of a perch did it go 2lbs

The Jigger

• Member of the G.O.D.S.
« Reply #4 on: Mar 21, 2018, 02:54 PM »
Maybe we can get together when you come.
Keep it touch.

taxid

« Reply #5 on: Mar 21, 2018, 04:24 PM »
That's a hog of a perch did it go 2lbs

I think it was a little over 2 lbs. if I remember right. It's one of these two:

In case you didn't know I raised them on my property to sell whole frozen to taxidermist and replica suppliers. Many are caught on hook and line by eager volunteers. but sometimes I seine the pond. 

taxid

« Reply #6 on: Mar 21, 2018, 04:25 PM »
Maybe we can get together when you come.
Keep it touch.

Will do!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.