FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Michigan City  (Read 2161 times)

troutline

Michigan City
« on: Mar 22, 2018, 08:24 PM »
Anybody been doing any good on the pier. Grandson wants to catch a coho. Thinking of taking him Saturday.

wallin

Re: Michigan City
« Reply #1 on: Mar 22, 2018, 09:50 PM »
They been getting them on and off.
Watch the weather tho.
Wallin

MC_angler

« Reply #2 on: Mar 23, 2018, 01:53 PM »
Coho and whitefish are biting

Turning basin by the DNR has been good some days, other days the pier/lighthouse have been better

Shrimp 3-8 feet under a bobber for the coho, single eggs or skein on the bottom for whitefish

troutline

« Reply #3 on: Mar 23, 2018, 05:43 PM »
Thank you, I hope it will warm up soon.

MC_angler

« Reply #4 on: Mar 24, 2018, 09:05 PM »
Be careful what you wish for - the cold weather is what's keeping those fish in reach of shore guys. Only takes a few warm days, especially coupled with warm rain, to drive them off shore

Boomer

« Reply #5 on: Mar 28, 2018, 12:53 PM »
Shrimp (small piece) with a half crawler or piece of squid tentacle has been doing well. Also, don't be afraid to drop some skein or shrimp to the bottom. Coho have been deep in some areas and a little further down the pier they are at 4 feet.

Caught my first whitefish of my life last Saturday. 5 coho and 1 whitefish. Creel clerk measured it at 3 lbs even. Me happy.

rivereddy

« Reply #6 on: Mar 30, 2018, 11:36 PM »
Fished the pier on the 30th and it was most generous. Full Moon.  North wind that turned south at sunset. Saw at least a couple of dozen cohos/whitefish taken.  Got a couple cohos myself.  19" cookie cutters.  That's a long one day trip out of Indy.  421 is  mess w/ roadwork got home to clean fish at 11:58 pm.  I'm whooped.

fish on,

rivereddy

Boomer

« Reply #7 on: Mar 31, 2018, 09:59 PM »
rivereddy - did we meet on the pier? I was near the corner. Had three when you left probably. Ended the day with four.  Fish hit real well right as the cloud bank moved in at dark.

rivereddy

« Reply #8 on: Apr 01, 2018, 04:12 PM »
Dang! we probably did chat. We left just when the sun broke through below the cloud bank.  I wanted to stay longer but, as I mentioned earlier, I didn't get to bed until after 1 AM as it was.  When we left there were only a few guys still out. I was right in the middle of the corner.  A guy to my left had on I believe a green jacket and he worked at Potato Creek State Park.  The guy to my immediate right had two rods out on metal extensions. He had a big net and landed my two cohos. There was a guy to his right who had a few, you?, and to his right, a tall older guy who came up with me.  I had a blue cooler on a two wheeled trash can carrier and an orange tackle bag. I also was the guy who just about donated a rod to the lake when my second fish hit while I was flapjawing with the guy next to me.  If so, I'm sorry I missed making the connection.  See you next time. 

fish on,

rivereddy

Boomer

« Reply #9 on: Apr 01, 2018, 08:45 PM »
I had the green jacket on and work at PCSP.  Nice meeting you. Yeah, the fish turned on until shortly after dark. Hope to see you next time you are up.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.