FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: FINALLY  (Read 1629 times)

abishop

FINALLY
« on: Apr 19, 2018, 08:16 AM »
It looks as if spring weather will start in a couple more days. It will be nice to have ole mother nature cooperate for a chance. Just be ready cause in years past spring only lasts for a couple weeks then it is summer.

Hankfan24

Re: FINALLY
« Reply #1 on: Apr 19, 2018, 08:37 AM »
At Sylvan lake right now, can't wait for warmer weather, and water temps!

Greg2ha

• Must fish for fun!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 19, 2018, 12:18 PM »
Have tomorrow off let me know how you do.

RoeBoat

« Reply #3 on: Apr 19, 2018, 12:29 PM »
Bring it on, tried of this random white stuff and too much water in the river.

Hankfan24

« Reply #4 on: Apr 19, 2018, 05:11 PM »
Sylvan lake was a bust.

taxid

« Reply #5 on: Apr 19, 2018, 05:56 PM »
Sylvan lake was a bust.

Water temp has to rise more. For ever 10 F. increase in water temp the metabolism of fish doubles.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

tater140

« Reply #6 on: Apr 20, 2018, 04:00 AM »
Water temp has to rise more. For ever 10 F. increase in water temp the metabolism of fish doubles.
Now that is an interesting fact.  At what water temp does that peak out at?

taxid

« Reply #7 on: Apr 20, 2018, 06:37 AM »
Now that is an interesting fact.  At what water temp does that peak out at?

Good question. It depends the species and whether is is a coldwater, cool water, or warm water species. There is a level where they become stressed and lethargic and oxygen levels aren't great (as you probably know the warmer water is the less oxygen it holds.) Of course trout become severely stressed when water temps go into the 70's especially brook trout unless there is significant natural or artificial aeration. But they still aren't fond of water temps I the 70's.
's.'s.

Here's something interesting I found raising smallmouth bass: Everybody assumes they are a coolwater species, but the ones I had in the pond were still active  at water temps in the upper 80's to 90's. Several years ago I was feeding them in those water temps as that was the year we had air temps that hit 100 and above. And these were adult fish. The bluegills and yellow perch in the pond were no longer feeding on the pellets.

My larger yellow perch sulk on the the bottom when water temps get warm in the summer. Originally from Lake Erie stock. But then the pond is only 9 feet deep and I don't allow it to stratify.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Hankfan24

« Reply #8 on: Apr 20, 2018, 09:30 AM »
I just put in my bi annual 400 dollars worth of fatheads in my pond. First year that the fish were not going nuts on them per release. Water is still very cold.

taxid

« Reply #9 on: Apr 20, 2018, 06:43 PM »
I just put in my bi annual 400 dollars worth of fatheads in my pond. First year that the fish were not going nuts on them per release. Water is still very cold.

No comment.  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.