FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Locked gates at launch?  (Read 2573 times)

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
Locked gates at launch?
« on: Jun 22, 2018, 11:53 AM »
I don't know of any public launches that have gates that are locked during the summer season?
I know some are locked in the off season.
Does anyone have a public launch on state land that a lake homeowners association runs and locks?
Launch fee=$15 and people who do not live in the surrounding towns pay $50 for a year key, others $100. If you launch and stay out past 8pm they will give you a key to drop in a mail box. Must fill out form, produce ID and truck and trailer plates are taken.
They claim it was done to protect the lake from invasive species and have put in a boat wash system. Funny part is don't you use them on the way out?
This issue makes me upset! I have time to contact people over the summer.
Here is an article from a local paper. There are a few more out o the web.
http://www.oleantimesherald.com/news/rushford-lake-boat-launch-coming-in-time-for-boating-season/article_d4421b42-b714-11e6-9937-bb80127dfc55.html
Internet heros give it a rest!

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
Re: Locked gates at launch?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 22, 2018, 11:56 AM »
I don't know of any public launches that have gates that are locked during the summer season?
I know some are locked in the off season.
Does anyone have a public launch on state land that a lake homeowners association runs and locks?
Launch fee=$15 and people who do not live in the surrounding towns pay $50 for a year key, others $100. If you launch and stay out past 8pm they will give you a key to drop in a mail box. Must fill out form, produce ID and truck and trailer plates are taken.
They claim it was done to protect the lake from invasive species and have put in a boat wash system. Funny part is don't you use them on the way out?
This issue makes me upset! I have time to contact people over the summer.
Start with Cathy Young.  Her office was involved with getting them to at least allow people in under those conditions.  Ask the Wizard and Dbalm......
Bigger isn't always better but Size definitely Matters!

Mac Attack

« Reply #2 on: Jun 22, 2018, 11:58 AM »
Start with Cathy Young.  Her office was involved with getting them to at least allow people in under those conditions.  Ask the Wizard and Dbalm......

Greg - he won't see this until ice fishing

:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #3 on: Jun 22, 2018, 12:00 PM »
Greg - he won't see this until ice fishing

:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
I don't know.  He's fired up enough to write a coherent message.  He'll be back soon........

lowaccord66

« Reply #4 on: Jun 22, 2018, 12:06 PM »
Ny does this entirely too often and it leads me to fish other friendlier states.   Which is exactly what they want to happen.

Lakes with associations are the worst. It doesn't surprise me at all NY has such a problem with algee.

Buckski

• Wish I had more days to fish!
« Reply #5 on: Jun 22, 2018, 12:25 PM »
I'm gonna walk around the block and beat you with a dead fish ole man! I got you Mac! :o
Yes Greg from the articles I have pulled up from Olean's paper they were criticizing the Rush. Homeowners Ass.
Not algae  or weeds in this lake, they drain a portion and sell the water to generate power from the dam. Ass. states its to protect the docks, but they drain it down well past the docks.

And I did not want to be critical but the message about the cotton wood being in the air for cats and comparison to suckers on the steelhead run, was they have both peaked and were moving toward the end.
Internet heros give it a rest!

Mac Attack

« Reply #6 on: Jun 22, 2018, 12:49 PM »
I'm gonna walk around the block and beat you with a dead fish ole man! I got you Mac! :o
Yes Greg from the articles I have pulled up from Olean's paper they were criticizing the Rush. Homeowners Ass.
Not algae  or weeds in this lake, they drain a portion and sell the water to generate power from the dam. Ass. states its to protect the docks, but they drain it down well past the docks.

And I did not want to be critical but the message about the cotton wood being in the air for cats and comparison to suckers on the steelhead run, was they have both peaked and were moving toward the end.

I'm home buddy.
That's where I work from nowadays.

Bring it on.
 :rotflol:

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #7 on: Jun 22, 2018, 05:16 PM »

If I remember from my correspondence with Senator Young's office they own the lake, it's not state property.  State grants and other funds help maintain the dam.  NYDEC maintains a stocking schedule if I recall as well.  Those were the leverage to get them to cut the gate fees and allow public access at all.  Basically it's a state supported private resort lake.  They're going to do all they can to keep Joe Average out.  I've never heard the fishing there was worth the hassle.

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #8 on: Jun 22, 2018, 05:27 PM »
Here's the thread that stirred up crap last time......  https://www.myfishfinder.com/fishing_forum/index.php?topic=67888.0

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #9 on: Jun 22, 2018, 05:52 PM »
it  doesn't  sound  like  state owned  is it  a  toun launch that maybe the state   gave  a grant too?
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

SizeMatters

• Shut up and fish!!
« Reply #10 on: Jun 22, 2018, 06:55 PM »
it  doesn't  sound  like  state owned  is it  a  toun launch that maybe the state   gave  a grant too?
Private lake.  Dam is maintained with state money.  NYDEC stocks it.  Lake association screws Joe Public to limit access.

trapper2000

« Reply #11 on: Jun 22, 2018, 07:39 PM »
is  the  dam  opento the  public? 

trapper2000

« Reply #12 on: Jun 22, 2018, 07:41 PM »
toss in a  bucket of  zebra  mussels and  a bucket of  gobies  ...sorry your  boat washer  didn't work :rotflol:

of course  i'm  only joking  ;D

filetandrelease

« Reply #13 on: Jun 22, 2018, 07:47 PM »
Trapp you left out the mute swans
All joking aside I’d call the regional office and ask why the state is taking care of a lake that the public can’t use do to access problems
  And let the press know they always like to make people famous

Dead lake

« Reply #14 on: Jun 22, 2018, 09:18 PM »
Trapp you left out the mute swans
All joking aside I’d call the regional office and ask why the state is taking care of a lake that the public can’t use do to access problems
  And let the press know they always like to make people famous
This is what happens when city people with a lot of money do, buy up property and get into politics in the area than make city rules and keep us deploribles out, the state is run by these people, city people (NYC)appointed to ENCON. Just saying

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.