FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle The Fishing Tackle Superstore

Author Topic: night moves  (Read 2805 times)

RoeBoat

Re: night moves
« Reply #15 on: Jul 08, 2018, 08:48 PM »
West lakes = Crappy!  Sorry had to do it.

kesdadddy7597

« Reply #16 on: Jul 09, 2018, 10:47 AM »
 Have a question for you guys to spend a lot of time in the summer night fishing for panfish.    Do you find a better success rates in lakes that are clear versus lakes that tend to be a little more dark water?   I have been wanting to try my hand for the night time specs and was just wondering if you noticed any difference better or worse when the Lake has very clear water

taxid

« Reply #17 on: Jul 09, 2018, 11:25 AM »
I don't know of any lakes in our area that are not clear vs. stained. Where are you located?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

fishogger

« Reply #18 on: Jul 09, 2018, 03:50 PM »
gills mostly clear lakes at night.  crappie will feed at night in both stained and clear lakes.

RoeBoat

« Reply #19 on: Jul 09, 2018, 04:49 PM »
I don't know of any lakes in our area that are not clear vs. stained. Where are you located?
. You must not get around much Taxi, the lake I've been fishing lately only has about 1 foot of visibility right now, definitely not typical of "our area".  It gets a lot of silty runoff.  Outlet channel is silted full to the waterline to 20 yards out into the lake.

taxid

« Reply #20 on: Jul 09, 2018, 08:49 PM »
I guess I just don't fish lakes like that. And you're right I don't get around as much as I should anymore.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

kesdadddy7597

« Reply #21 on: Jul 10, 2018, 05:50 AM »

Quote from: taxid
link=topic=75268.msg799780#msg799780 date=1531153501

I live in Noble County.  But a good example would be Lake James which is typically very clear water vs Rivir at Chain O Lakes which is stained most of the time. 

Thanks for the response

Gartoon

« Reply #22 on: Jul 11, 2018, 06:51 AM »
Have a question for you guys to spend a lot of time in the summer night fishing for panfish.    Do you find a better success rates in lakes that are clear versus lakes that tend to be a little more dark water?   I have been wanting to try my hand for the night time specs and was just wondering if you noticed any difference better or worse when the Lake has very clear water

Clear water the Gills and crappies on jigging raps ( I tip with waxies)

Stained ripping raps ( No Bait )
rattles in stained do better

taxid

« Reply #23 on: Jul 11, 2018, 08:35 AM »
I think my definition of stained is different than others here. I just got back from a part of the country where stained is tea to coffee colored due to tannin from the trees.

To me muddy water is not stained but "turbid."

charlys1954

« Reply #24 on: Jul 18, 2018, 03:11 AM »
Yep, I've been thinking about crappie night fishn my main lake. It has a bridge going thru the middle and we catch Crappie under the bridge in the shade out of the HOT sun during the day so before the summer ends I'm gona park under the bridge at night and see if I can a limit of crappies.
I'm a "Born in Ind" Redneck and proud of it

abishop

« Reply #25 on: Jul 18, 2018, 10:58 AM »
good luck

fishogger

« Reply #26 on: Jul 26, 2018, 02:01 PM »
the nigt moves have been very productive the last couple weeks.  tossing micro cranks jigs and beetle spins with some float rigs tossed in depending n the lake.  beats roasting in the sun and the bigger fish seem to agree.

sorry pics are dark and without tape, ill try and get better light next time.  most of the gills have been 8.5-11".  the crappie been mostly normal eaters with a couple pushing 14".  12 keeper eyes up to 22" or so.  numerous bass even a small mouth or two.  only one pike which surprises me.

back out tonight weather permiting

fishogger

« Reply #27 on: Jul 27, 2018, 07:57 AM »
here is some of the night times chunk gills, in better light.

dont even ask. lol  we have been jumping around several lakes.  a lot more lakes have night action, than one mite think!  if you can see 3ft in daytime try it at night for gills. ;)

watch out for the night drunks/speeders/no lighters our there!  wow is it getting bad!  4 different occasions we have been buzzed either too fast or way too close.  seems to be the same guy running no lights is on many lakes.  not really funny though.  i also see swimmers out there in the darkness.  those two meeting wont be a pretty scene.

filetandrelease

« Reply #28 on: Jul 27, 2018, 08:14 AM »

Very nice gills 👍🏻

taxid

« Reply #29 on: Jul 27, 2018, 12:26 PM »
here is some of the night times chunk gills, in better light.

dont even ask. lol  we have been jumping around several lakes.  a lot more lakes have night action, than one mite think!  if you can see 3ft in daytime try it at night for gills. ;)

watch out for the night drunks/speeders/no lighters our there!  wow is it getting bad!  4 different occasions we have been buzzed either too fast or way too close.  seems to be the same guy running no lights is on many lakes.  not really funny though.  i also see swimmers out there in the darkness.  those two meeting wont be a pretty scene.

Keep reporting it and maybe someone will get out their out there at night and do something about. I'm beginning to think they don't even work week ends as the last time I called they said no one was on duty on the weekend.

And the last time I reported something by phone they didn't have the decency to even get back to me. Dispatcher promised they would. Nope.

The only luck I've had is to go to the website and report things.

I usually have a lot of respect for LEO's as I have them in the family but I'm starting to wonder about our C.O's. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.