FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Quabbin Seat  (Read 3030 times)

Baitbucket

Quabbin Seat
« on: Jul 20, 2018, 04:53 PM »
I got an extra seat in the boat for tomorrow (7/21) if anyone is interested. Reply here or shoot me a PM.

taxid

Re: Quabbin Seat
« Reply #1 on: Jul 20, 2018, 07:37 PM »
I could be there in 15 hours but the wife would want to know what the hell is wrong with me.  ;D

Believe it or not drove straight through 16 + hours to northern Indiana on the way back home last month from Littleton, Mass. Was going to stop overnight in Hamburg, NY but was't tired, and I would have arrived in Hamburg way too early. Decided I would stop when I got tired but never did! Must have been the Dunkin Donuts and caffeine!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

bigbellybilly

« Reply #2 on: Jul 21, 2018, 08:22 AM »
just saw post was thinking last night going out today Nolan was out there Yesterday lost a 5lb smallie at boat

ICEHOLE

« Reply #3 on: Jul 21, 2018, 09:50 AM »
...stupid work. good luck
Trout, LMB, SMB, BullHeads, Lakers, Pike, Carp

Baitbucket

« Reply #4 on: Jul 21, 2018, 11:58 AM »
Just got back in. Couple fat Rainbows and a laker. Didnt see any salmon caught tho.

Baitbucket

« Reply #5 on: Jul 21, 2018, 02:06 PM »
Heres the laker. Just shy of 5lbs

stripernut

« Reply #6 on: Jul 21, 2018, 02:48 PM »
Nice, wish I did not have to work Saturdays... I will have to settle on a night trip tonight hiding from the wind tonight...

bigbellybilly

« Reply #7 on: Jul 21, 2018, 06:19 PM »
nice job wife had me doing yard work today just finished little late for trip out tonight

elevatorman

• Finally made it on to team Lund ! 18 Sport Angler.
« Reply #8 on: Jul 21, 2018, 06:24 PM »
Awesome job  :tipup:
Lifes journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in awell preserved body; but rather to skid in side ways totally worn out shouting (holy sh*t)  WHAT A RIDE! FISH ON!.

taxid

« Reply #9 on: Jul 21, 2018, 07:38 PM »
How big were the rainbows and were they in the same water as the laker?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Baitbucket

« Reply #10 on: Jul 25, 2018, 07:11 PM »
How big were the rainbows and were they in the same water as the laker?

They were a good size, but not to much of a fight on the leadcore outfits. I was catching them in the same area i was for lakers and salmon.

taxid

« Reply #11 on: Jul 25, 2018, 08:44 PM »
They were a good size, but not to much of a fight on the leadcore outfits. I was catching them in the same area i was for lakers and salmon.

So they are right down there deep with the lakers?

zwiggles

« Reply #12 on: Jul 25, 2018, 08:58 PM »

If the Q is anything like Winni, the three mix throughout the water column this time of year. Lakers will mostly be on bottom, and trout/salmon will generally be in the thermocline. I have also caught salmon and rainbows at 100’+, and lakers at 30’ in the late summer/early fall.

I have noticed those that stray do tend to be very good size. I think it is the fish who excel at finding forage who stray from their “comfort zone” this time of year.

Baitbucket

« Reply #13 on: Jul 26, 2018, 10:00 AM »

I had lines out from 3-6 colors and was catching lakers, rainbows, and a couple smallies lol

I dont recall if the bows came on the shallower lines.

westernmas

« Reply #14 on: Jul 26, 2018, 11:30 AM »
I was out there Saturday morning as well.  I rented a boat with my gf out of gate 8 and was able to rig up my fish finder on the rental.  I was marking fish over 90-130 feet of water and our first drift we both hooked up but each lost the fish.  I had mine on for close to a minute before it came unbuttoned.  However, its tough to fish slow enough with the motors on the rental.  The only time I could entice a bite was when I'd drop it into neutral and get under 2mph.  I also dont have leadcore or anything like that so I was happy that we actually hooked up.  We found some very small smallies to play with until the wind kicked up and we got off the water.
AKA-PMaloney86 on the shanty
AKA-westernm@$$hole prior to a mod change
Instagram @Patsquatch413

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.