FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle The Fishing Tackle Superstore

Author Topic: Smoke It If You've Got It!  (Read 32078 times)

fishogger

Re: Smoke It If You've Got It!
« Reply #690 on: Jun 29, 2020, 07:52 PM »
oh man I bet those beans were good!  buddy does hog roasts and cooks the sauerkraut in the cooker with the meat.  I could just eat the kraut! lol  same with ham n beans done over the fire.  just gives it that extra kick.

i decided to go fishing yesterday instead of smoking.  gave the trout some time to soak in brine.  didn't time the deer roast just used temp probe.  2.5 hours over mesquite rolling at 250-275* or so till it came to 145* 

when that was done i put the trout in at 200* over apple wood. smoked them trout steaks up till golden brown.

in the brine

yum still moist inside

some fishermen tell lies,  this one doesnt need to

Perch-Pirate

« Reply #691 on: Jun 29, 2020, 08:00 PM »
Holy Crap! Looks great!

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #692 on: Jun 30, 2020, 04:39 AM »
Beans, beans are good for your heart
The more you eat the more you fart.
The more you fart, the better you feel.
So eat some beans with every meal.

When we were kids we use to say it this way because we couldn't say fart...  ::)

Beans beans  the magical fruit.
 The more you eat the more you toot.
The more you toot the better you feel.
 So lets have beans for every meal..

Trouts look great hogger..
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

hunts2long

• Sacandaga
« Reply #693 on: Jun 30, 2020, 06:06 AM »
You've come a long way Raq...h2l

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #694 on: Jun 30, 2020, 06:20 AM »
oh man I bet those beans were good!  buddy does hog roasts and cooks the sauerkraut in the cooker with the meat.  I could just eat the kraut! lol  same with ham n beans done over the fire.  just gives it that extra kick.

i decided to go fishing yesterday instead of smoking.  gave the trout some time to soak in brine.  didn't time the deer roast just used temp probe.  2.5 hours over mesquite rolling at 250-275* or so till it came to 145* 

when that was done i put the trout in at 200* over apple wood. smoked them trout steaks up till golden brown.

in the brine

yum still moist inside

Looks great. I've got 5 pounds of Pike fillets that are going to get a similar treatment if I ever get time.

filetandrelease

« Reply #695 on: Jun 30, 2020, 09:49 AM »

After Seeing all this great looking food  I wish I hadnít tore mine down years ago  , 6x6x3 ,double door ,  heat smoke 1 side cold on the other , blocks sand filled with a concrete slab top
  Maybe Iíll get a small propane job

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.