FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle MarCum Technologies The Fishing Tackle Superstore

Author Topic: SkiJiggers?  (Read 265 times)

mowbizz

SkiJiggers?
« on: Sep 12, 2018, 09:58 PM »
Anyone know anything about these and how they work for trolling?
Also, where to get one or two?
Thanks!

Seahunt

• Coffin Dodger @ IS
Re: SkiJiggers?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 12, 2018, 11:10 PM »
Anyone know anything about these and how they work for trolling?
Also, where to get one or two?
Thanks!
They work, as do quite a few other lead core trolling methods, e.g. planer boards, rod pumpers, inline boards etc.. Some, say they work better...
The NH outfit that made them went out of business 3 or 4 years ago, so, your only option is to try to find them second hand.

mowbizz

« Reply #2 on: Sep 13, 2018, 09:22 AM »
They work, as do quite a few other lead core trolling methods, e.g. planer boards, rod pumpers, inline boards etc.. Some, say they work better...
The NH outfit that made them went out of business 3 or 4 years ago, so, your only option is to try to find them second hand.

Okay, thanks for that info!
Wonder why they went out of business if they had a product that gets so many good reviews (from bits and pieces on the internet)?

zwiggles

« Reply #3 on: Sep 13, 2018, 10:44 AM »
Okay, thanks for that info!
Wonder why they went out of business if they had a product that gets so many good reviews (from bits and pieces on the internet)?

It’s a very niche market. There’s not to many of us trollers today. I also think that the business was a side job for them. Probably just weren’t making enough money to justify it.

I have some of there flies, and regret not buying more. The best quality flies I have ever owned.

mowbizz

« Reply #4 on: Sep 13, 2018, 11:43 AM »
Thanks...yes, with a “niche” business like this it’s hard to tell why one would give it up. Perhaps he saturated the market at its peak then sales plummeted. I wish there were a couple for sale...I would have liked to try them.

zwiggles

« Reply #5 on: Sep 13, 2018, 02:48 PM »
Thanks...yes, with a “niche” business like this it’s hard to tell why one would give it up. Perhaps he saturated the market at its peak then sales plummeted. I wish there were a couple for sale...I would have liked to try them.

Keep an eye out on Craigslist, and also on the fishlakewinni site. A few guys over there have sold some in the past few years.

It’s about that time of year for people to sell some of their fishing stuff...

mowbizz

« Reply #6 on: Sep 13, 2018, 04:22 PM »
I search hi and lo...and there’s no jiggers except the jigging boxes which are a bit rich for me at $600 apiece!

fishlessman

« Reply #7 on: Sep 17, 2018, 02:31 PM »
the skijiggers are really great.  i believe paul, the maker, changed jobs, his old job gave him time to build product while taking phone calls.  have never seen a second hand skijigger, those that use them seem to keep them.  his streamers fish well too,  he uses alot of different colors you just dont see in traditional patterns

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.