FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle The Fishing Tackle Superstore

Author Topic: why the lack of pictures  (Read 1662 times)

dirtydeeds

• neckties..contracts...high voltage!
Re: why the lack of pictures
« Reply #15 on: Nov 07, 2018, 08:35 PM »

And this followed us home from the dansville reservoir, LoL!! 
done dirt cheap!

taxid

« Reply #16 on: Nov 08, 2018, 07:44 AM »
Here's my boy with one from the dansville reservoir

That's a nice healthy looking bass. Must be a good forage base in that reservoir.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #17 on: Nov 08, 2018, 07:45 AM »

And this followed us home from the dansville reservoir, LoL!!

:rotflol:
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

dirtydeeds

• neckties..contracts...high voltage!
« Reply #18 on: Nov 08, 2018, 10:14 AM »
They're all pretty plump outta there, it sure is fun when they're hitting topwater!! I catch some Pike, small perch and gills in there and they do not allow ice fishing. It seems like a healthy fishery that's for sure. It's a great shore fishing or chest wader spot as they don't allow boats of any kind.
done dirt cheap!

taxid

« Reply #19 on: Nov 08, 2018, 04:32 PM »
No boats? My kind of lake!

fishogger

« Reply #20 on: Nov 09, 2018, 07:13 AM »
nice bass!

a float tube isn't a boat is it? lol

Jig_Head

« Reply #21 on: Nov 21, 2018, 09:55 AM »
Got into the white bass pretty good last week and got some good sized blues and flathead

filetandrelease

« Reply #22 on: Nov 21, 2018, 11:58 AM »

Looks like a great trip congrats

Piggyn

« Reply #23 on: Nov 24, 2018, 06:19 PM »
I caught a nice whitefish on a Little Cleo spoon from the shore at Lake Michigan yesterday...

I cooked my whitefish in a seafood chowder along with some snow crab, shrimp, and smoked salmon.  It was pretty good!  I took the crab shells and made a stock along with some carrots, onions, garlic, Old Bay, water, and white wine.  I simmered that for a while, skimming off any foam, and added more water as necessary.  Then I cooked some bacon to render the fat, and then added carrots, potatoes, onion, and garlic.  I cooked everything until the potatoes were nearly soft, added in my strained crab stock, brought it to a simmer, added the whitefish, added the crab and smoked salmon (which were both already cooked) when the whitefish looked about done (which didn’t take long at all), put in some more Old Bay, and then added the shrimp last (since they cook so quick).  I dumped in some cream at the very end to drop the temp and stop the shrimp from overcooking, and then kept it on low until my family came.

When I make it again I’d add some flour (just to thicken the broth) when I put the shrimp in.  The crab stock was really good, and pretty easy to make.  The same thing could be done using shrimp shells instead, so I am going to have to start saving those in the freezer.  I might add a little more Old Bay towards the end in the future.  Some of my family members added salt and pepper, but I didn’t want to over season and cover up all of those flavors.
Catching the lunkers of tomorrow today!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.