FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle The Fishing Tackle Superstore

Author Topic: shrooms anyone  (Read 1291 times)

fishogger

shrooms anyone
« on: Apr 14, 2019, 05:10 AM »
well with the forcast it looks like next weekend for them around here.  I know some small blacks been found from indy on down.  any reports for the northern half of the state?

tater140

Re: shrooms anyone
« Reply #1 on: Apr 14, 2019, 07:16 AM »
I havent been out yet... or even very much these past few years.  Maybe this is the year to go looking a bit harder

Spooled85

« Reply #2 on: Apr 14, 2019, 08:14 PM »
The woods around here are just starting to turn green. I was just in Hobart and they had about 1.5inches if snow !

taxid

« Reply #3 on: Apr 14, 2019, 10:40 PM »
Do mushrooms grow when it's snowing?

Just asking for a friend.  ;D
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

fishogger

« Reply #4 on: Apr 15, 2019, 05:06 AM »
i have heard of hem being picked in snow.  im sure it was a fluke cold snap and they were already up before the snow.  temps have a lot to do with it.  I like a couple nights in the 60 range with warm cloudy days.  this weekend should grow some fungus if forecast holds.  will be loads od people all over chain o lakes park. when people start finding the blacks around me then I get ready.  I cant walk miles like I used to so I wait for the giant yellows.  supposed to be a stellar year.

check out the great morel site for info and progression map guys.

charlys1954

« Reply #5 on: Apr 18, 2019, 06:27 PM »
Have read a few Ind. shroom boards and its started in S.Ind. but here in central it seems late to me. With this rain and Sunday temp at 70, maybe it'll start.
I'm a "Born in Ind" Redneck and proud of it

FW88

« Reply #6 on: Apr 18, 2019, 07:05 PM »
Is there any guide on what shrooms you can find in NW Indiana. With that same thought it's more for the hike and exercise. I'd be glad to give whatever I find to anyone that lives in Fort Wayne. Not a mushroom eater... texture issues.

taxid

« Reply #7 on: Apr 18, 2019, 07:18 PM »
Not a mushroom eater?! What's wrong with you boy!  ;D

Reminds me of a grand nephew. Doesn't like pizza. Wut?!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

FW88

« Reply #8 on: Apr 18, 2019, 07:40 PM »
Not a mushroom eater?! What wrong with you boy!  ;D

Reminds me of a grand nephew. Doesn't like pizza. Wut?!

Never got to liking them. But going to hit Huntington to grab some crappie and I have a spot for asparagus (might be early) but I'll keep an eye out for some shrooms and post them here to see if they are any good.

bherr24

« Reply #9 on: Apr 18, 2019, 07:48 PM »
A buddy on facebook had a pic of his first find this evening up here in the north central part of the state (cass). Not very big but its a start.

RoeBoat

« Reply #10 on: Apr 18, 2019, 07:55 PM »
From KY today

FW88, you will have no problem getting rid of any shrooms you find, should be able to get some bait money!

Spooled85

« Reply #11 on: Apr 18, 2019, 08:53 PM »
I'm looking for someone who has good mushroom ground . Someone who likes to hunt them but doesn't eat them cause I don't like to share ... Any takers lol

rivereddy

« Reply #12 on: Apr 18, 2019, 09:02 PM »
Been munching on asparagus for about a week now.  Love that stuff w/ bluegill, crappies or trouts

fish on,

rivereddy

charlys1954

« Reply #13 on: Apr 18, 2019, 10:01 PM »
I'm looking for someone who has good mushroom ground . Someone who likes to hunt them but doesn't eat them cause I don't like to share ... Any takers lol

I think your barking up the wrong tree, I mean shroom don't think anyone will volunter.

GL with getting anyone to share. Shroomers are more tightlipped than fisherman..
I'm a "Born in Ind" Redneck and proud of it

fishogger

« Reply #14 on: Apr 19, 2019, 06:37 AM »
Is there any guide on what shrooms you can find in NW Indiana. With that same thought it's more for the hike and exercise. I'd be glad to give whatever I find to anyone that lives in Fort Wayne. Not a mushroom eater... texture issues.

im betting I could change your mind on eating them 88.  lol  look up oyster, chicken of the woods, hen of the woods , and morels.   they are all found around us here in the fort.  chicken of the woods is the easiest to see and identify by far. they are delicious with texture of chicken(rite up your alley).  there are other shrooms to be had but t hey get more in depth with lookalikes and such. go find the know your land videos on shrooms and learn.

I like to have a night or 2 in the 60s and thunderstorms.  I thought for sure it was gona be this weekend here, but maybe not now.  the weather keeps slapping us around.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.