FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle The Fishing Tackle Superstore

Author Topic: bass and crappie palooza started today  (Read 8652 times)

fishogger

bass and crappie palooza started today
« on: May 18, 2019, 03:53 PM »
last year I hit this small public lake and did real good on the keeper size bass.  I was pulling a limit every morning in a couple hours with the old buzzbait.  I believe I bagged up 43 or so bass from 14-17" from that lake.  when the limits started to take longer than 4 hours I stopped.  well its on fire again this year!  cuz called me yesterday and wonderd if I wanted to wet a line.  I said I was thinking about hitting _______ lake again for the fillet fest.  he said that sounded good to him.  we hit he water around 6 am and was into them instantly!  we both tossed buzzbaits to the shores edge.  I think we boxed 4 bass before we caught one too small to keep.  by 8am we were limited out on bass in the box. 3 of them around the 16-17" mark. the rest 14-15s.  we switched to crappie scouting after that.  there were some on the beds but very sporadic.  cuz pulled the biggest a black male a tad over 13".  sun was beating down by 10 and we called it a morning with a fist bump. lol 

gota love those buzzbaits!!

crappie very dark.     

ten fingers ten bass  ;D                                                     

and my take of the end result.

I have some other pics he sent fom his phone but cant open them.  some heic issue whatever that is.
some fishermen tell lies,  this one doesnt need to

taxid

Re: bass palooza started today
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 10:33 PM »
Are you taunting the bass catch and release guys?  :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

RoeBoat

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 10:55 PM »
Baked bass, we eat it!  I don't knock the crap out of them like that but don't target them either.  Too many in several lakes it seems IMO.

fishogger

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 04:02 AM »
not taunting anyone on purpose taxi.  just reporting a killer bite/trip.  like I said this lake just keeps pumping them out.

speaking of bass fishing.  has anyone been past/fished blue lake to see if that article in Indiana game and fish has filled the ramp? been meaning to give "bass heaven" a try but working way too much. lol

fishogger

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2019, 04:20 AM »
agreed, bass eat fine if they aren't too big roe.  I stop at 17-18".

some people eat even the big ones.  there is a bridge between 2 lakes I used to cruise threw.  there was a local kid that sat there a lot catching bass.  he used a crawler on the bottom like catfishing.  many times he showed me his stringer full of 3-7# bass.  he did this all summer long and that lakes still gives up major league bass fishing.  its hard to get to with a bass boat though.  if the lakes are fertile they can take a pounding and still produce.  I only target those lakes for that reason. im not out to eradicate bass where the population is low.  when the limits get harder to come by I move on to the next lake.  most smaller lakes, that takes a dozen trips or more.

HoosierFishHog

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2019, 08:10 AM »
Not for sure about those pic's. Cuz sent everything the same way. Here is a few from that day.

HoosierFishHog

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2019, 08:13 AM »
Went out Monday temp 49 winds W 15-20 little chill in the air. Front row parking at ramp though.

fishogger

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2019, 05:48 PM »
nice! stay on them while im working.

Jig_Head

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2019, 07:06 PM »
Very nice!! I remember you pounding em last year on the buzz bait too

HoosierFishHog

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2019, 08:04 PM »
Parking was great this morning, I got front row. The weather on the other hand was less desirable. Chilly & Rainy. Managed to subdue 2 Bass and by accident come upon a school of suspended crappie. Was tying on a RoadRunner on my ultra light and locator lit up. Crappies schooled up around sunken stumps 15 f.o.w. :tipup:

HoosierFishHog

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2019, 08:59 PM »
Think I'm going to try out my new FroggTogg gear in the morning. Stay tuned for pic's :tipup:

fishogger

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2019, 05:21 AM »
nice fish HFH!  looks like a couple whites in that bunch?  if you were out at dawn you got a blowing this morning. lol

tater140

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2019, 06:23 AM »
Hopefully those new frogg toggs were gfi protected also. 

taxid

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2019, 08:39 AM »
Hopefully those new frogg toggs were gfi protected also.

:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

More structure added to some of the lakes this morning too!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

HoosierFishHog

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2019, 12:54 PM »
The weather Suc'd, parking was great. Fish slept in this morning. I put down my 8 1/2' flippin stick for a 5' ultra light (for grounding purposes) Managed to put 4 papermouth in the livewell. 2 - 12+" and 2 that were about 10" :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.