FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle The Fishing Tackle Superstore

Author Topic: bass and crappie palooza started today  (Read 9895 times)

HoosierFishHog

Re: bass palooza started today
« Reply #45 on: Jun 12, 2019, 04:18 PM »
Well Fishogger and I decided to give the lake that all the "hoopla" in the recent article was about. Good conditions & company, but fish slept in. We did to manage a 2 man limit but it took over 6 hours to do it. Not real impressed with this lake. Bass or Crappie. My shoulders need a rest anyway. From yesterdays Bass Blast!! :tipup:

fishogger

« Reply #46 on: Jun 20, 2019, 11:25 AM »
work been getting in the way of my fishing lately.  if the rain goes away I mite have to hit it in the morning.  trying to think of a lake with little run-off.  we got dumped on here today. 
some fishermen tell lies,  this one doesnt need to

HoosierFishHog

« Reply #47 on: Jun 21, 2019, 02:16 PM »
Fishogger I think your "crystal ball" was abit foggy this morning. The first lake we hit was like creamed coffee. But since you rubbed your ball and led us to another lake I had faith. We hit it hard both top water and jig-n-pig style. Caught mostly short ones. Largemouth & smallies. Even had a few crappie and gills in the mix. All and all was not too bad of day. Was educational for sure. :tipup:

HoosierFishHog

« Reply #48 on: Jun 21, 2019, 05:37 PM »
Fishogger forgot to post this pic of my monster!!! :tipup:

taxid

« Reply #49 on: Jun 21, 2019, 08:47 PM »
Fishogger forgot to post this pic of my monster!!! :tipup:

:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

fishogger

« Reply #50 on: Jun 21, 2019, 10:16 PM »
shoot, I didn't even see you catch that gill HFH! lol  I must have been working on the backlash from hell.  I lost that spool by the way. spent half hour on it tonight then got out he side cutters. >:(  its re-spooled and ready to terrorize in the morning if rain holds off.

several lakes were up enough to make the pads disappear up around angola!  golden lake ramp was the worst. it didn't even have a parking lot, it was up so high. lol  crooked wasn't too bad but it was up also.  the fish bit good at crooked till that sun started to blaze.  it was out off the drop after that.  ramp was full when we pulled out at noon30.

ill polish and rain-x that crystal ball for next trip I promise.  :D  that 2" of rain messed it up for sure.

HoosierFishHog

« Reply #51 on: Jun 22, 2019, 11:56 AM »
Well it had been almost 14 hrs since my last fix so I kidnapped Fishogger and hit our 'secret, secret hole this morning. On the water at 0755 off the water at 1110. I boated 38 Bass and FH about the same. Maybe 1 or 2 less. :tipup:

fishogger

« Reply #52 on: Jun 22, 2019, 12:17 PM »
nope, I only had maybe 25-30 come to hand.  lost several in the moss beds. buzz baits and frogs in the wind.  had a 5 pounder go nuts nest to boat and cover me with pond weed moss and other stuff that didn't taste good.  lol  she soaked my shirt by the time I got her landed.  non stop action for 3 hours!  I started with first and second casts scoring with matching 4 pounders. I took couple pics of the bigger ones ill post later.

so far the x5 line has proven worthy of the swamp basses.  unfortunately a pike bit off a buzzer yesterday.  cant ask it to hold up to that though.  I have pushed it to the limits for sure, this season, with no complaints. 

fishogger

« Reply #53 on: Jun 22, 2019, 05:27 PM »

and the drenching selfy

taxid

« Reply #54 on: Jun 22, 2019, 08:45 PM »
I think we need a limit on largemouth bass.  :whistling: :rotflol:
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

HoosierFishHog

« Reply #55 on: Jun 22, 2019, 09:56 PM »
Taxi just because you came back from an amazing vacation on a secluded trout river in the N/E don't mean you can stir Fishogger up right away as soon as you got home :o :tipup:

fishogger

« Reply #56 on: Jun 23, 2019, 07:35 AM »
he don't need to come home for that, believe me. lol  if you are home congrats on the productive and safe trip.

but for the lurking Mansons out there, all fish pictured were released.  lmao

taxid

« Reply #57 on: Jun 23, 2019, 01:40 PM »
Taxi just because you came back from an amazing vacation on a secluded trout river in the N/E don't mean you can stir Fishogger up right away as soon as you got home :o :tipup:

:rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

HoosierFishHog

« Reply #58 on: Jun 27, 2019, 05:35 PM »
Fishogger & I decided to try and hit it before the heat. Well @ 0830 it was too late but we went for it anyway. Lots of short strikes and misses the first 30 minutes. Then it was put on the swallow tongue. Frogs were deep in their throats. Boated several & and FYI (for all the "fish mongrels) everything was released back to the wild. Thanks FH for tagging along was a good day. The following pics are for the "Hot Pilgrim woman" :tipup:

HoosierFishHog

« Reply #59 on: Jun 28, 2019, 12:15 PM »
Just an F.Y.I. I don't have a problem, I can quit anytime I want. (I'm just not a quitter) Besides 1 more time is not going to hurt anything. Wanted to beat the oven so hit it early this morning with FH. Before launching the yacht peeled 1 from shore. Then the word spread around the lake. only missed a few boated 36 (which ALL were released to the wild) FH had abit slower day (shoulders hurting him from last 2 outings) And yes I kicked it up a notch and hauled in a Crappie on a topwater Frog. Its been through Hell and back but still produces. Not much color on ole girl. Thanx again FH for another exhausting day. :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.