FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle The Fishing Tackle Superstore

Author Topic: bass and crappie palooza started today  (Read 9413 times)

HoosierFishHog

Re: bass palooza started today
« Reply #90 on: Jul 29, 2019, 02:57 AM »
Hey FH I want to see a pic of your unit. (New one you ordered) :tipup:

fishinator

« Reply #91 on: Jul 29, 2019, 05:24 AM »
Hey FH I want to see a pic of your unit. (New one you ordered) :tipup:
that does not sound good at all.

fishogger

« Reply #92 on: Jul 29, 2019, 06:32 AM »
not here yet.  still in flasher mode today.

some fishermen tell lies,  this one doesnt need to

HoosierFishHog

« Reply #93 on: Aug 04, 2019, 02:07 AM »
The 2 "Hoggers" hit the water again. kinda slow on the bite, but did manage to boat a few small Eyes and some short Smallies. FH did manage to put a Largemouth in the boat, just a hair under 5# :tipup:

fishogger

« Reply #94 on: Aug 04, 2019, 09:39 AM »
thanks for taking me along HFH!

even if it was kind of slow that 21"er made it worth the trip. cant believe how powerful that fish was! it man handled me for a while there. lol  hope we meet again next year when he/she is 23". lol 

HoosierFishHog

« Reply #95 on: Aug 04, 2019, 06:29 PM »
One good thing and reassuring is that you know your drag works pretty darn good on that reel. :tipup:

RoeBoat

« Reply #96 on: Aug 04, 2019, 07:27 PM »
Great bass and that up and coming eye is exciting too!

fishogger

« Reply #97 on: Aug 05, 2019, 05:53 AM »
Great bass and that up and coming eye is exciting too!

it was most likely a stocker in that lake Roe.  very possible there is reproduction on this lake.  I just never caught any smaller than stocks to confirm it there.

yeah that's for sure HFH. lol  too bad you didn't get the entire battle on video.  your pretty fast draw on that video camera  though! lol  I didn't even know you were filming at first.

fishogger

« Reply #98 on: Aug 07, 2019, 10:06 AM »
short sunrise run today.  it was dead calm and foggy. awesome time to be on the water. not another boat on the entire lake.  hit a small creek fed lake for some bass and crappie action.  first cover I hit gave some nice chunky eater size black crappie.  it was a tree top in about 8fow with weeds.  water was a bit stained from the rain so I had to get it in their faces.  2"green yum twister on 1/8 jig.  toss it in and let it glide back under rod tip, then wham, they would hit it.  they slowed down after pulling a doz. or so off that spot, so I moved on.  hit 2 more spots, finding none or just a couple at home.  running and gunning till 8am with a fish or two here and there.  I went back to original spot and pulled 5-6 more and decided to head for the ranch, since the sun had broken out in a blaze. lol  no other boats had put in at all when I pulled out.
one jig head and one tail is all I used today.  the tail was pretty torn up from maybe 25-30 crappie and 3 bass worth of catchin.

but it was still catching them when I quit. lol

no hogs but a fun lil trip none the less. ;D  rest up and get things ready for a night trip.

bigr

« Reply #99 on: Aug 07, 2019, 01:20 PM »
My kind of trip. Get em and go. Thanks for sharing.

fishogger

« Reply #100 on: Aug 09, 2019, 10:16 AM »
jetted up to my parents cottage to mow their yard and fish a couple days.  first thing I do when I get unloaded was cast a spinner out off the beach.  first cast, wham a nice eater brownie.  a few casts later another brownie about same size.  so after I mowed the yard I cleaned and fried them up for a late lunch early dinner.  wasn't the plan but it worked. lol  evening bit yielded 4 eyes(1keeper) 8 bass(3 keepers) several rockos and redears.  I am beginning to think the glow plastic on my trailer hook I getting me more bites!  especially on the panfish!  they were constantly nipping at it and getting hooked once in a while.  didn't seem to bother the eyes any either.  I didn't take any night pics because I was alone and my phone don't have flash.

lunch is served though  ;D

HoosierFishHog

« Reply #101 on: Aug 11, 2019, 12:48 AM »
Tagged along with FH for a early morning run. 1 Ultra-lite, 1 bag of grub tails and about 3 hrs ended the morning just shy of our 2 man limit. Most run in the 9" - 11" range. Thanx FH. Your turn to tag along next time. :tipup:

fishogger

« Reply #102 on: Aug 12, 2019, 09:09 AM »
struck out last night since I have a light work day today. HFH ate some bad seal steaks and was out of commission for this trip.  man it was a custom made day for evening eye bite too!  light breeze rains threatening(and delivering) cloudy as could be.  some of you know the feeling you get when presented with this situation.  it puts you in predator mode. lol  anyhow I got up to the lake about 7:30  or so and it was already on! the eyes were up on the breaks chowing down.  I started running and gunning key spots getting bit at them all.  didn't keep count of all the bass but I stuck 8 walleyes lost 1 at boat and got bit off by something I couldn't turn.  had to have been a pike, I was using 30#braid.  I lost a buzzbait to a monster pike a few weeks ago at this lake too.  after the rains around midnight it went south so I headed to ramp.

seen a first for me.  on the way in I almost ran over a guy out 200yrds from shore on shallow flat spear fishing!!!!!!!!!  at night no light!!!!  I passed by him at 50ft or less.  he came up at my 1oclock and I hit him with my headlight, so I got a good look at him.  had some big goggles on and spear gun in his hand.  what an idiot!  is that even legal in Indiana? lol  I didn't stop cuz he wasn't waving his arms or nothing.  I just yelled out "what an __shole" and stayed on it.  mite have been more than one out there?  was 3 cars at ramp with no trailers and no bank fishermen around.

anyhow with no flash on camera/cell, all I got was a shot of the 2 keepers in the ice water bath. :D

in the pic it looks like a shadow but its the second fish under a deep hooked floater. lol  that's what you get when you have a flip phone to take pics at night.  :-\

HoosierFishHog

« Reply #103 on: Aug 12, 2019, 03:03 PM »
Way to strok'em FH. I got over the bad seal meat, and ready to hit it. :tipup:

RoeBoat

« Reply #104 on: Aug 12, 2019, 08:51 PM »
Nice catch!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com