FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle The Fishing Tackle Superstore

Author Topic: bass and crappie palooza started today  (Read 9458 times)

Teacherpreacher

Re: bass palooza started today
« Reply #105 on: Aug 13, 2019, 09:16 AM »
Way to go !
 Amazing that very few guys fish at night! My two buddies, my Dad and I use to leave the house in Hobart about 6:30pm and drive to PawPaw or Pipestone Lake. Only two boats on the lake. Hammered the bass. Sometimes we'd get home around 5:00am, change clothes, lie down for half an hour, then go to work!!! Do this maybe three nights a week! No way 'could I do that today. We were nuts but boy did we have fun!!!
Teach

taxid

« Reply #106 on: Aug 13, 2019, 09:32 AM »
I would night fish all night for trout and then come to work an hour early with the boat in tow in the morning. Got into the break room and napped until the buzzer went off. Also passed out for ever 20 minute break during the day with a book over my head. One morning two ladies were loudly gossiping away in the break room. Never got any sleep that morning. It wasn't really their fault but I was upset!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

fishogger

« Reply #107 on: Aug 13, 2019, 04:42 PM »
yeah, most night there are very few if any fishing.  on walleye lakes we will see 2-3 other boats out.

cecil, I have at least 4 buddies that have slept in my boat, on clear, back in the day.  I would wake them up to bass fish for an hour or 2 at first light.  most nights we were limited out (10 fish each back then)by 12-1.  god I miss those meat hauls!!!! nice fat juicy fillets grilled with brown sugar butter and dill.  sssllluuurrrp!  :P
some fishermen tell lies,  this one doesnt need to

HoosierFishHog

« Reply #108 on: Aug 24, 2019, 05:38 AM »
Hadn't been on water for awhile (was going through withdraws) took a co-worker for a few hours. Beautiful day on the water, fish had lock-jaw though. Only a few fish caught. Pike, RockBass and a few dink Crappies. :tipup:

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #109 on: Aug 24, 2019, 07:13 AM »
Maybe after a couple of these cooler days and nights they'll get hungry?
Teach

HoosierFishHog

« Reply #110 on: Sep 12, 2019, 01:32 PM »
Totally forgot to post this video. :tipup:

https://youtu.be/LYlAm7JxH1E

FWCanoeFisher

« Reply #111 on: Sep 13, 2019, 07:59 AM »
Totally forgot to post this video. :tipup:

https://youtu.be/LYlAm7JxH1E

That is really awesome to see!

fishogger

« Reply #112 on: Sep 14, 2019, 06:11 AM »
neat clip man :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie: awesome how they vacuum so strong!

im sure he has more slow-mo footage.  he was filming a lot one day trying to get good hits.  I seemed to jinks it when cam was on. ;D

HoosierFishHog

« Reply #113 on: Sep 23, 2019, 09:19 AM »
FH and I slid out the other day for couple hours. Managed to muster up a mess of Crappies. :tipup:

RoeBoat

« Reply #114 on: Sep 23, 2019, 06:29 PM »
Good job, I should fish more!

fishogger

« Reply #115 on: Sep 26, 2019, 01:06 PM »
did a daybreak trip today.  small lake 2-300 acres or so.  not another car in the lot till I pulled out.  bite wasn't on fire but it was productive. lots of small crappie with a few bigger eaters here and there.  tossed green twister till it got mauled enough to change.  and if you know me that baby was chewed up believe me. lol  I put on a bobby garland glow green baby shad and bite was the same. they were engulfing the jig to the throat!  had 2 bass take me for a ride in the wood.  I lost the first one but got the second with a fight to the death limb wrap.  one of those creeeeking line on the wood sounding battles. it turned out to be a 16- 17"  bass.  figured the 2-3 min. war didn't do it any good so I kept it.  no big crappie at this lake this trip but they are there.

water was 68 and 8-12ft deep with the better fish holding about 6ft.

fishogger

« Reply #116 on: Sep 27, 2019, 01:15 PM »
hit another location this morning.  the fish were really putting on the feedbag there!  most were sub keepers but I managed a sack of 11-12s for my trouble. being selective, as I didn't want to clean too many.  only caught 1 bass a bullhead and a rocko besides the crappie.  I did feel a lot of gill raps though.  same bobby garland baby shad plastic that the fish chewed on yesterday.  that one got me about 20 before I retired it.  jigged under the boat and casted out in 12fow.  they were holding shallower than the other lake. the lake or the weather who knows? id guess weather.  didn't count them it was one after another for a good long time.  if I took too much time on deep hooked fish they slowed down and I had to get them going again.  they never moved off the area, they just slowed as the sun got higher in the sky.

I texted HFH but he was in need of sleep after a run of 12hour shifts.  too bad, we mite have had a 100+ fish morning.  ill be going back to this lake in a week or so.  you can join me on that trip HFH.

the take for the 2hour trip.

some huge shad in these 12" fish!  most bellies were full.  if you can see the shad under my knife.

RoeBoat

« Reply #117 on: Sep 28, 2019, 06:23 PM »
Good ones, congrats!

fishogger

« Reply #118 on: Sep 29, 2019, 09:49 AM »
another trip yesterday for couple hours.  got rained on for a bit but wasn't bad.  was probing around the drop offs with the jig picking up one or two here and there.  I came to this inside bend in the drop and caught a nice fatso, so I stopped and worked it over.  worked up on the drop hard without another hit for ever.  all the while I kept hearing ssplashes back over the deep behind me.  I was ignoring it because it usualy runt bass schooling the shad.  not getting bit anyhow I decided to play with the lil bass and casted back to the commotion.  wasn't bass after all.  it was crappie and they were acting like wipers. lol  as soon as my jig fell a foot or two it went sideways.  pulled in a 12"er.  same on the next cast same size.  this went on for about 10fish then it stopped.  all was quiet again.  down the way I seen the same thing going on.  I ran down there and did  it again.  ended up doing this for another hour or so until I couldn't find any more schools.  I don't know if they moved off or the shad assault just stopped?  ended up keeping 22 of them.  no monsters but no dinks out there either. the biggest was 13".

again fish were full of 3"shad.  no surprise there though. lol

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #119 on: Sep 29, 2019, 10:28 AM »
That must have been exciting, and good eats..    :thumbup_smilie: :thumbup_smilie:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.