FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Brown’s were biting  (Read 1259 times)

fish wayniac

Brown’s were biting
« on: May 19, 2019, 01:22 PM »
We had a decent Brown bite from 7-9:30. We found some good bait balls so we kept trolling back and forth in that spot picking up fish. We were using big shiners that Sean trapped and also sewn on frozen smelt. We were getting action on both. The bite shut off after 9:30 so we switched to spoons then bumped up the speed. Only got one 15” Brown on a DB smelt in a 1-1/2 hrs using lures. We ended up catching 5 Browns the biggest 19”. Had 4 other hit and wiffs and a big Bass shook a hook after some acrobatics . It was a great morning!🎣😁

taxid

Re: Brown’s were biting
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 03:22 PM »
I've seen that before not getting hardly anything on artificials. Need actual meat to get the browns.

Congrats!

What are those black things in the picture? UFOs?  :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

franklin fisher

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 04:15 PM »
  Nice catch!

TightLinesMaine

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 05:48 PM »
very nice, last two browns are good sized

fish wayniac

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2019, 06:55 PM »
very nice, last two browns are good sized
Thanks Randall,  they measured 19” and 20” on the bump board. The other 3 were 14”-16”. The fishing should turn on now as it warms up and things start to hatch. I did see some rises on the water.

Jim C.

• Up the creek...and loving it!
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2019, 07:14 PM »
More nice browns for you guys, Wayne.  52* water temp is getting there for sure.  Warmer than the neck of the woods I fish.  I saw 44-48* today.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2019, 08:31 AM »
Nice work Wayne!
Wicked Wec

TightLinesMaine

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2019, 12:46 PM »
The fishing should turn on now as it warms up and things start to hatch. I did see some rises on the water.

I was on the water the other day (pics to come later this month) and I saw the first major mayfly activity/hatch of the year, maybe even a few caddis mixed in.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.