FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle The Fishing Tackle Superstore

Author Topic: got slapped around the lake this morning  (Read 436 times)

fishogger

got slapped around the lake this morning
« on: Sep 20, 2019, 02:28 PM »
splashed at dawn on "bass paradise" I think it was called.  30 min of nothing in the shallows had me searching.  awesome morning but the water seemed dead.  the weeds must have gotten sprayed?  there weren't very many like earlier in the year.  put down the buzzer and frog.  picked up the plastic and probed deeper around the drop.  still getting nothing but snags.  forced to retie and lighten up.  I went to a glow BG baby shad on a drop shot rig.  I worked all the way out to 16ft before I got some pecks.  I assume it was small perch or gills, but couldn't get hook in them.  I was really getting bored and frustrated  when a school showed up on the finder in 18ft.  ended up pulling 5 crappie before they shut down and moved off.  another hour of boredom, 2 runt bass, few more pecks and I through in the towel.  2 other boats came in at the same time and said it was slow for them too.  ramp was over filled by 3 vehicles, on the side of the road, when I pulled out.  seems that article in that magazine really opened up a traffic jam. that's a shame.
some fishermen tell lies,  this one doesnt need to

taxid

Re: got slapped around the lake this morning
« Reply #1 on: Sep 20, 2019, 05:23 PM »
Their mouths are sore from all this fish you released!  ;D
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

fishogger

« Reply #2 on: Sep 20, 2019, 08:14 PM »
I hadn't been there all summer so wasn't me. lol

RoeBoat

« Reply #3 on: Sep 20, 2019, 08:48 PM »
Mama said there would be days like this, she just didn't say there would be this d**n many!  If you're talking about the "Orange" lake north of the fort, I've heard the crappie bite has been decent.  Suspended out over deep water.  Trolling flicker shads or the like.  Don't know about the green carp.  Bought me one of those Slopper Ploppers and the pond bass seem to approve.  d**n ramp is always full out there, sometimes with just cars...***censored****

fishogger

« Reply #4 on: Sep 21, 2019, 07:09 AM »
that's the locals taking up spaces because of the invasion.  I talked to another guy that said same thing about the ramp parking.  even through the week its packed.  blame that article in the magazine for that.  they don't think about the consequences of writing such stuff.  a small lake like that cant take that kind of stuff for long till its left battered and beaten down.  there was TN. tags in the lot the other day!  "internet rotenone" or in this case "magazine rotenone" in action.  I feel for the couple members on here and all the locals that fish it a bunch. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.