FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle The Fishing Tackle Superstore

Author Topic: Lake michigan  (Read 15868 times)

PEARCHEYES

Re: Lake michigan
« Reply #285 on: Sep 20, 2019, 02:11 PM »
Like I stated earlier if anyone fished new buffalo hopefully you scored

wallin

« Reply #286 on: Sep 20, 2019, 08:03 PM »
Limits thursday by noon out of New buffalo.
44 fish today friday be we had to leave early for and appointment.
lots of limits today, 19 boats all catching fish.
Wallin

abishop

« Reply #287 on: Sep 21, 2019, 09:34 AM »
Cant go today. I have a guy coming over to hopefully buy my camper.

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #288 on: Sep 21, 2019, 11:31 AM »
Thanks for the depressing report!!I knew I should of gone there😡Glad you did well ,rub it in some more what was the size?

wallin

« Reply #289 on: Sep 22, 2019, 02:03 PM »
Friday we were throwing back 9 inch fish, lots of bigger 10, 11 inch fish.
Doubles like crazy. Couldn't keep 1 rod in the water.
Wallin

PEARCHEYES

« Reply #290 on: Sep 22, 2019, 03:58 PM »
Thanks for your report,one of these days I would like to be on a good perch bite like that and spend the xtra Denero for Michigan license👍

Spooled85

« Reply #291 on: Sep 22, 2019, 04:16 PM »
Thanks for your report,one of these days I would like to be on a good perch bite like that and spend the xtra Denero for Michigan license👍

Just gotta get on them when the shallow perch bite starts it lasts for quite awhile . And we pound them double like crazy and alot of 13 to 15 inch perch . And never run to Michigan.they can keep there expensive license

abishop

« Reply #292 on: Sep 22, 2019, 06:24 PM »
Just gotta get on them when the shallow perch bite starts it lasts for quite awhile . And we pound them double like crazy and alot of 13 to 15 inch perch . And never run to Michigan.they can keep there expensive license
I am inclined to think like you. I think that with the winds being consistent that perch once found should be in that same depth range within a few feet reguardless whether in New Buffalo, Michigan City or Portage area. I havent heard anything all year further west???? Just  my 2 cents. I do like the larger bag limits in Michigan. Might give it a try one time and only pay for a 1 day license. Just to know where to go in case??????? Have yet to catch any monsters yet all year, but I prefer the 9 inch, they taste better. Would like a 15 some day, or even 16. I know they are in there but I have never got anything larger than a 14 1/2 inch in the 50 years fishing Lake Michigan.....

Spooled85

« Reply #293 on: Sep 22, 2019, 07:41 PM »
Yep , and this yr has been a good one for me atkeast even tho I haven't been out in a good bit. I got my fill and have some nice bags in the freezer so I can have a good perch meal this winter.  I would like to get out at least one more time for them. I was going to go Saturday but got called in for work . Now season is fixing to take off so we will see if I can make one more outing

abishop

« Reply #294 on: Sep 22, 2019, 07:58 PM »
In the same boat. Hoping to get out Saturday. The end is near. Need a couple more bags to stock the freezer. Havent had any in freezer for a few years. Nice to have a perch dinner in winter. LOL

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.