FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bronze Back's and trying to Bounce Back.  (Read 2912 times)

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
Bronze Back's and trying to Bounce Back.
« on: Jun 25, 2019, 02:52 PM »
Well I had vacation up north last week and spent some time with the family on lake winni. New section of the lake this year so I was looking forward to it for months. Unfortunately, before we even got a chance to head up north our 2.5 yr old pup got extremely sick and we had to put him down in a matter of 3 hours. Not what I had ever thought would happen with my 3 pointers. Jaeger being 5 now and Raven 4, Tuukka was the pup from both of them and 1 of 8. We had the pups the same week my son was born so the history there is even stronger. I think the hardest thing now is hearing my son call for all 3 of them and explaining that one got really sick. He was fine in the morning and afternoon and around 5pm he was humped over, yellow foam out of his mouth and few patches of diarrhea. He couldn't even move and his eyes were tweaking out so we knew it was bad and rushed him to the vet. by 8pm we put him down and headed home. Apparently his bladder exploded somehow which caused all sorts of issues with his heart, liver and etc (they said maybe he jumped wrong with a full bladder but compared the damage to a car strike). They said it would be 8-10K to explore and that's IF he ever stabilized from critical condition. I knew it at that point to say the least. RIP Tuukka! That's the bounce back we are working on daily.

Now for the Bronze Back -

For those of you that chipped in one way or another I appreciate it even more than you know. From smallie locations on that section of the lake, hot lures, to Zwiggles taking me out for my first trolling experience, to Digs serving us some delicious ice cream and his crew going nuts when I got there (that was funny Digs you missed it), I want to personally thank you all.

Zwiggles
Johnnh
Jibbs
Digs
and anyone else I may have missed.

Getting on some fish and spending some family time was just the ticket we all needed. Fish were hungry and willing to hit just about everything but the most fun was top water ploppers as well as the Als goldfish Helgy quickly reeled on the surface. Enjoy the pics! Oh yeah, the little guy finally enjoyed the 45mph boat ride, with his Marshal toy off course! LOL

Wicked Wec

Johnnh

Re: Bronze Back's and trying to Bounce Back.
« Reply #1 on: Jun 25, 2019, 03:39 PM »
Sharps,

Sorry for your loss. We lost a Newfoundland at 3 years old a while back and it's never easy to make that final decision.

Glad to hear you and your family shared some good times on the lake and I am sure that helped the healing process.

Stay well my friend
Johnnh

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Jun 25, 2019, 04:00 PM »
It's hard to lose a good pet.  I feel for you... :(

On an up note  those  smallies are sweet.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

Roccus

« Reply #3 on: Jun 25, 2019, 09:28 PM »
Sorry to hear about your pup, seems every time you go north, there is a dog issue..hopefully better times are ahead..clean out the smallies, they are best enjoyed open water.

winnicookie

« Reply #4 on: Jun 25, 2019, 09:39 PM »
Sorry for your loss.  It always hurts especially when little ones are involved. 

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
« Reply #5 on: Jun 26, 2019, 08:40 AM »
Sorry about your dog, that's always such a hard loss...

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #6 on: Jun 26, 2019, 10:13 AM »
Brutal. What a horrible way to start a vacation but glad you managed to enjoy it.

zwiggles

« Reply #7 on: Jun 26, 2019, 11:30 AM »
Agree with the sentiments above, and sending my condolences for your loss. I’m glad we were able to get out and at least catch a few fish, and happy to hear you were able to enjoy your time off.

meatandmetal

• meatandmetal on IS
« Reply #8 on: Jun 26, 2019, 12:31 PM »
SHaRPs sending my condolences that totally sucks. Glad you had a good trip up north.

Streamfisha

• Poolguy on IS
« Reply #9 on: Jun 26, 2019, 05:10 PM »
Sorry for your loss, glad you got up north with your family and had a great time out in the water  :clapping:

Digs

« Reply #10 on: Jun 26, 2019, 11:52 PM »
That's rough..... Sorry to hear about your pup.

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #11 on: Jun 27, 2019, 06:08 AM »
Thanks everyone. The wife and I are doing much better.

Let's get some fish.
Wicked Wec

mowbizz

« Reply #12 on: Jun 27, 2019, 07:25 AM »
Sorry for the loss of your dog...I dread that day.

jibbs

« Reply #13 on: Jun 28, 2019, 05:08 AM »
I just want to first say sorry for the loss of your pup..I lost two this year and my heart still aches..looks like you had s good time ..hard to leave I bet..anyways take care
Chuck Norris sorts his clothes in three loads.....whites, colors, and blood stains

AquaAssassin

« Reply #14 on: Jun 28, 2019, 05:31 AM »
Glad you’re making the best of it all, nice work pal!
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.