FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle The Fishing Tackle Superstore

Author Topic: the clear lk of the past  (Read 582 times)

fishogger

the clear lk of the past
« on: Jul 07, 2019, 05:56 AM »
feel free to add your clear lake pics from the past

I had a lot of fun going back threw some old CDs looking for these.  only made it threw 3 disks and I have a stack 8" tall to look at yet.  most of my big trout pics were before dig. camera days.  starting with polaroid's for cripes sakes. lol  my biggest was 9# something and I only have one picture of it and not that good either.  when I find it ill post it.

not from clear but worth sharing

fishogger

Re: the clear lk of the past
« Reply #1 on: Jul 07, 2019, 05:58 AM »
sorry about the fat man nudity. lmao  I usually scaled fish without my shirt on then jumped in the lake to wash them off.

taxid

« Reply #2 on: Jul 07, 2019, 09:18 AM »
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

taxid

« Reply #3 on: Jul 07, 2019, 09:50 AM »
Oliver is being mentioned on Indiana Hoosier Fishing on Facebook. One guy bragging about cleaning 112 in two days. That's 22.4 limits in two days which means 11 people had to be fishing both days. Another guy says in caught 45 but only 9 to 10 inches. Says he lives on the lake. Hopefully he didn't keep them all, but I've heard of people living on the lake loading up on the trout over limits with no worries of being checked at the public access.

Also someone complained about a lack of holdover bigger fish. 

I wonder why?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

buck toenges

« Reply #4 on: Jul 07, 2019, 11:57 AM »
I know it isn't from Clear lake but the best day trout fishing ever for me was at Oliver in 1998 in early July when I fished out in front of my cottage in the morning.  That is when I went out into 40 fow and fished 20' down.  I had some black electric tape on the anchor rope at 40' and always fished 20' down.  That was  before I had a fish finder and knew any better.  Boy was I dumb about thermoclines and ox levels.    Well anyways I caught 5 20" rainbows.  When I brought them back to the cottage my neighbor decided I was the greatest trout fisherman of all times!  Never got close to that record ever again.  If I catch a 20" trout now it is usually a one off event.  By the way the 20" trout taste better then the 12 inchers.

Buck

taxid

« Reply #5 on: Jul 07, 2019, 12:32 PM »
Thanks Buck! No pictures?  ;D

fishogger

« Reply #6 on: Jul 07, 2019, 02:42 PM »
that's too bad about the goober stroking them at that rate. those runts don't taste near as good as the bigger ones.(like said)   they put plenty in there though I guess.  if the fishery there mattered to me in the slightest I wouldn't be blabbing about it on line.

taxid

« Reply #7 on: Jul 07, 2019, 03:12 PM »
I called the tip line. The geniuses posted their full names.  :w00t:

Reminds me of the genius that left trash from Wendy's next to my political sign in the front yard with an nasty note on the bag in big black magic marker 'cause he didn't like the candidate. His first and last name and CC receipt was still in the bag!  :rotflol:

Cops just blew it off but I found him on Facebook and reamed him. He was going on and on about how great Jesus is on his page. Riiiiiiiight.  ::)

My Marine neighbor said we need to take a ride and make him regret it. I said, "No."

taxid

« Reply #8 on: Jul 08, 2019, 08:15 AM »
I'd like to start a org of Indiana inland lake trout anglers. Would start out on facebook and go from there as creating group on Facebook is very easy.

No membership dues, meetings etc. Just getting a group of anglers together to share information, discussion, and for some clout to be heard by our INDNR.

Although I have tremendous respect for our biologists, I don't believe we are managing our remaining trout lakes to their potential. I don't fault the biologists for this, however. 

Anybody interested?

fishogger

« Reply #9 on: Jul 08, 2019, 10:48 AM »
im sure you would get interest in that.  but I don't know to what level.  even at clear some nights it was thin of trout anglers.  I can appreciate your passion for the pink meat.  start it and see what happens?  id say worth a shot.

it would be interesting to see the complete history of trout stockings in IN. over the decades.  is there such a list on line anywhere?

taxid

« Reply #10 on: Jul 08, 2019, 01:54 PM »
Not complete but fairly complete. It appears they were even planted prior to the Indiana Department of Natural Resources was formed. One thing for sure. The number of lake planted has been reduced drastically.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.