FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle The Fishing Tackle Superstore

Author Topic: todays big one  (Read 452 times)

fishogger

todays big one
« on: Jul 07, 2019, 02:57 PM »
I took a buddy of mine out for a boat ride today. naturally I took a rod. lol  just a jig and twister like most days.  we road around for a while till it got hot and he wanted to head in for some beer.  he has a pond I fish so I said we were going to make a stop on way back to ramp.  a crappie hole of mine from I don't remember when.  along the steep bank with a tree in the water, at ______ lake.  started slow and stayed slow (what you'd expect at midday) but I pulled 12 or so out of the tree top.  really had to hold it still after some dancing it. I was dragging it on because he had to pee and there was some jet ski girls going back and forth by us so he couldnt. lmao

anyhow this was the biggest one I think.

not a trophy hog but respectable anywhere. 

Jig_Head

Re: todays big one
« Reply #1 on: Jul 07, 2019, 03:13 PM »
Nice man. July, midday, and sunny I wouldnt call a dozen or so crappie a slow day. I'd say that's impressive. But I'm a bass fisherman I guess

fishogger

« Reply #2 on: Jul 07, 2019, 03:25 PM »
thanks jig_head.  this lake is loaded with chunky ones and a limit don't take long most times.  public but not many hit it I don't think. and ill do my part to keep it that way. ;D

before anyone asks.  I didn't measure that fish, but the tank is 14" long, I do know that.  that would have made it a 15+"er or so.  bigger ones swim in there I know that too.

hounds

• If it were easy !!! Everyone would do it!
« Reply #3 on: Jul 07, 2019, 09:33 PM »
Nice :)

fishogger

« Reply #4 on: Jul 08, 2019, 12:10 PM »
lost the big one of the day today.  maybe 14"er. as I lifted it in the boat it shook off.  thought for sure it would stay since it was hooked in roof of the mouth.  oh well, it would have been released anyhow. lol  caught around 30 kept a half doz.  for a friend.

this 12 was super fat.  had shad and eggs in her I found out later.                                                     

oops sorry, I didn't get good shot of contents.

some of the males still have some tuxedo showing too.  I know I went north but not that far. lol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.