FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Twin City Stripers?  (Read 1200 times)

caught_the_fever

Twin City Stripers?
« on: Aug 19, 2019, 12:10 PM »
Heading up to Bangor to visit my parents and catch the music festival this weekend.  In the event I can find some time for the water, I am going to bring some gear but not sure what outfit.  If there's still some striper activity in the area, I'd be inclined to target them.  Not looking for spots, etc, just curious if they're still around.

Appreciate any insight.

Mike

gunn308

Re: Twin City Stripers?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 20, 2019, 11:08 PM »
Fishermans Park on South Main in Brewer 3 way swivel 1-2 oz weight and bloodworms have been working.
Oats that have already been through the horse are always cheaper than oats that haven't!

gunn308

« Reply #2 on: Aug 20, 2019, 11:10 PM »
Bring your bait up with you Old Town Trading Post has them but that's 20 miles up 95
Oats that have already been through the horse are always cheaper than oats that haven't!

caught_the_fever

« Reply #3 on: Aug 21, 2019, 01:38 PM »
Gunn - thank you, appreciate your response and more info than I had asked.  If you find yourself traveling south, pm me if you're looking for a few tips.

I'm originally from Bangor so familiar with the Post, etc.  I've been chasing them almost exclusively with my fly rod the last few years as I'm familiar with their behaviors here.  Not as familiar in that area, so I'll have my medium spin rod and a few lures just in case.

thanks again.
Mike

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.