FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Season's turning  (Read 1646 times)

rivereddy

Season's turning
« on: Sep 12, 2019, 08:19 AM »
Owing to the odd summer weather pattern, the trees in the yard have been "stress shedding" leaves for some time.  Today however, as I went out to pick up the paper, the red maple out front is definitely starting to turn.  It may reach 90 today, but fall is fast approaching.  Turnover  can make lakes a challenge but fishing is picking up. Get out and enjoy
the season...

fish on,

rivereddy

taxid

Re: Season's turning
« Reply #1 on: Sep 12, 2019, 08:35 AM »
Owing to the odd summer weather pattern, the trees in the yard have been "stress shedding" leaves for some time.  Today however, as I went out to pick up the paper, the red maple out front is definitely starting to turn.  It may reach 90 today, but fall is fast approaching.  Turnover  can make lakes a challenge but fishing is picking up. Get out and enjoy
the season...

fish on,

rivereddy

Yep it's right around the corner. That said stress can cause the leaves to change in color too.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

SHaRPS

• Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #2 on: Sep 12, 2019, 08:56 AM »
For me, there is something euphoric when I am able to carry a fly rod and shotgun or .22 in the woods. Best of both worlds with cooler weather.
Wicked Wec

RoeBoat

« Reply #3 on: Sep 12, 2019, 10:41 PM »
No season better than fall!!!

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #4 on: Sep 15, 2019, 08:14 AM »
Some maples were already red and birches were yellow in Crystal Falls area in Michigan last week. Leaves raining down. That's a week or so early up there. Surface water temp was 62. But this coming week temps are to be in mid 70's all week!
Teach

Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

taxid

« Reply #5 on: Sep 15, 2019, 01:39 PM »
Gordon Lightfoot considered fall a mystical time of year.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.