FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bass/Max  (Read 1694 times)

LundProv

Bass/Max
« on: Oct 18, 2019, 07:00 PM »
I meant to post this last night but just ran out of energy.  I rarely have a full free day.  Yesterday, I knew I had a free day and told no one about it.  Left the house before daybreak and headed to Bass.  Stopped at Butch's and got 3 dozen crappie minnows.  The kind lady in there gave me a crazy good generous count and off to Bass I went.  Have not fished Bass since spring and launched and was surprised how very shallow - more shallow than I remember - the initial 1000 yards was heading out. Stopped at that first deep hole out in front of the marina and simply trolled jigs/minnows at a slow pace around the perimeter of the hole.  Picked up about 7 striped bass that were about 12" in size and very strong with the gear I was using.  Trolled out toward the bigger water and found an area in 14' of water somewhat in front of the beach house which produced a large number of crappies of all sizes -- dinks and decent...  A couple of more stripe bass also and then I slowly trolled bottom bouncers with minnows but only crappies were caught on the bottom.  Saw a lot of decent marks near the bottom and thought to try to jig them up but did not.  Left Bass at noon and headed to Max.  Got to Max and it was quite a bit more windy.  I launched and headed to the opposite shore by the academy and proceeded with the same technique -- trolling jigs/minnows and tried to stay in about 10' of water.  Fun and tough both with the wind and I am grateful and amazed at the technology with the I Pilot and my garmin electronics.  Anyway, fished until just at dark and had one 17" walleye - one average perch -- too many smallies to count with 3 right at 18" and two of those large rock bass with the red eyes.  What a fantastic day - outdoors -- wind -- waves -- clouds -- sun -- no phone...  As much as I truly love babysitting my grandkids, church opportunities, visiting with patients in the office, a day like that outdoors is tough to beat.  I really think the wind was a huge plus.  Anyway, thanks for reading and please share your stories with the outdoors...

taxid

Re: Bass/Max
« Reply #1 on: Oct 18, 2019, 08:21 PM »
Glad you had a great day all by yourself. We all need those from time to time. Thanks for sharing.

When you say "striped bass" you mean white bass right?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

icefisher47

« Reply #2 on: Oct 19, 2019, 04:17 AM »
Thank you for sharing, We all need a day like that one. Did you have any keepers on the striped bass?
Take a kid fishing

Teacherpreacher

« Reply #3 on: Oct 19, 2019, 06:34 AM »
Enjoyed your report, well done! Sometimes alone is the best!
Teach
Do all that you love, with those that you love, as often as you can.

Daybreak

« Reply #4 on: Oct 19, 2019, 10:50 AM »
Sounds like an awesome day, to me!  Great report!
LUND - The Ultimate Fishing Experience!

bigr

« Reply #5 on: Oct 21, 2019, 05:28 AM »
That sounds exactly what I'm looking for this coming weekend. Thanks for sharing.

rivereddy

« Reply #6 on: Oct 21, 2019, 10:04 AM »
Sounds like that prescription should have a "refill" or two....

fish on,

rivereddy

bigr

« Reply #7 on: Oct 21, 2019, 11:11 AM »
Did you find any weeds?

wallin

« Reply #8 on: Oct 21, 2019, 03:02 PM »
Great report.
Its nice to enjoy life a little.
Wallin