FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle The Fishing Tackle Superstore

Author Topic: start your day with a chuckle  (Read 1897 times)

fishogger

start your day with a chuckle
« on: Nov 10, 2019, 06:02 AM »
the one at 3:40 will make you roll.
some fishermen tell lies,  this one doesnt need to

filetandrelease

Re: start your day with a chuckle
« Reply #1 on: Nov 10, 2019, 07:25 AM »

Some wild stuff , thanks

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Nov 10, 2019, 07:48 AM »
I know a guy who took a small bass off a lure with pliers and held the fish up and threw the pliers in the water..      :whistling: :whistling:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

taxid

« Reply #3 on: Nov 10, 2019, 09:23 AM »
I know a guy who took a small bass off a lure with pliers and held the fish up and threw the pliers in the water..      :whistling: :whistling:

Sounds like something I would do!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

tomturkey

« Reply #4 on: Nov 10, 2019, 09:29 AM »
I threw a pike back with the jaw spreader still in its jaw. Luckily it was in shallow water so I was able to net it off of the bottom to take the spreader out.

slipperybob

« Reply #5 on: Nov 18, 2019, 02:19 PM »
fishing fails....boat ramp fails... ;D :-X
Slip bobber fishing and ice lounger.

Slipperybob's Wish to Fish and MN Dish...Journal

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #6 on: Nov 25, 2019, 03:23 AM »
I know a guy who made a "hero cast" with a rocket bobber. He forgot to open the bail and the 4 lb test just snapped. He also forgot to seat the tip section of his rod. The tip went almost as far as the bobber and is still at the bottom of Sodus Bay.

It was one of my favorite rods. 🙄

Rg
"Lemmings must be directed to the sea......"
Frank Burns

filetandrelease

« Reply #7 on: Nov 25, 2019, 04:37 AM »

LOL

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #8 on: Nov 25, 2019, 06:19 AM »
One of the funniest things I've ever seen was back in the mid 80's at the Oak Orchard pier. There was an older gent fishing for perch with small crabs. He was using a Zebco 202 combo. All of a sudden there was a huge boil in the water in front of him. A king in the 25-30 pound range took his crab. I don't know what line he had, but it was strong. Total chaos for 30 seconds or so. Then all of a sudden, the aluminum reel foot on the 202 gave up. The reel took off the line guide and tip top, leaving him with a white stick. Then all was quiet. It was over in less than a minute.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #9 on: Nov 26, 2019, 05:58 AM »
Boat launch fails eh?
I was launching my boat at the county ramp on the south end of I-Bay in the dark early one summer morning. when I pulled the boat up on shore I realized I'd forgotten to put the plug in. I jumped in and put the plug in from inside the boat. No problem...pulled the boat back on the trailer and drained the water out.

However, when I re-launched the boat I forgot to tie the rope back on the trailer and watched as my boat floated out into the bay.

It was a warm summer morning and without hesitation in waded into the water and swam out to retrieve the boat. I pulled it back up on shore and went to park my truck and trailer. I was soaking wet and looked at my new red velour seat in the truck and decided that there was no way I was going to soak my new seats. There was no one around at that time of the morning so I stripped off my shorts and shirt, tossed them on the roof and parked the truck.

No sooner did I park than an Irondequoit police car pulled in the lot.

So there I was sitting naked in my truck with my clothes on the roof. He pulled up and asked what I was doing. I told him the story and he started laughing hysterically. All he said was " have a better day"

Rg

"Lemmings must be directed to the sea......"
Frank Burns

icejohn

• God, Family.......Fishing.
« Reply #10 on: Nov 27, 2019, 07:18 PM »
Boy...I'd love to have seen that....minus you without shorts...I was laughing just reading this...I launched my boat one day and didn't have it hooked up too, while waiting for an incoming boat to help me out...the suddenly the wind shifted and brought my boat right back to me...saved the day!
take a kid hunting and fishing, it's a lot better than leaving them on the streets!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.